PDA

View Full Version : Levels

Kayso
November 2nd 08, 12:01 AM
I have searched, but no results came up, please if this is a repeat,
send me in the right direction. D you guys follow the list of levels?
Here is the link that I am talking about:
http://www.unicycling.org/IUF/levels/

--
Kayso

1-wheeled-grape
November 2nd 08, 12:20 AM
simple answer... no
They're aimed more towards freestyle, and I'm not

Just go with the flow, learn what you want to learn!

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*
*Be careful not to bugger the shifty shaft-joemarshall*
*
**
*

hobo_chuck
November 2nd 08, 12:24 AM
It's mostly basic riding skills, you should learn at least the first 4-5
levels no matter what style you want to ride. Around "backwards
wheelwalk" and such it starts to become less useful.

--
hobo_chuck

blueharmony
November 2nd 08, 05:26 AM
The group known collectively as "you guys" seems to do more
muni/street/trials riding than freestyle, which the IUF levels are
designed for.

If you are doing purely freestyle then the IUF levels are definately
the way to go for building a set of skills to carry you forward in that
area. Personally, I am working my way through the IUF skill levels but
like to try other skills as well. The IUF skills will give you a great
base from which you can then achieve more in whatever areas you find to
your liking, and provide a guidline for what skills logically follow
each other. For instance, if you can comfortably ride 180 degrees within
the boundaries given in the IUF levels then the next logical skill to
learn is riding 360 degrees, yada, yada...

Having said that, follow your bliss. :p

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for yourself-

Jerrick
November 2nd 08, 05:32 AM
blueharmony;1123077 wrote:

> If you are doing *purely* freestyle then the IUF levels are definately
> the way to go for building a set of skills to carry you forward in that
> area.

You guys, dont make it seem like its a one way or the other type of
thing. The levels are a great guideline for almost all types of riding.
They arent something thats only going to be good to you if you only
going to focus on freestyle. If so, that would be horrible, cause there
are tons of tricks not on that list they would be missing out on.

Guidelines, thats what they are. Levels, because you are officially
tested by them and can officially have a rank. Fun to look at and and
good to help you improve in overall riding. Not strict and mandatory.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Axi
November 2nd 08, 08:05 PM
> I have searched, but no results came up, please if this is a repeat,
> send me in the right direction. D you guys follow the list of levels?
> Here is the link that I am talking about:

No, I dont follow thoes.

When I learned how to ride I just went to ride. Freemount came
automaticly.
Couple times I have tried to learn idling, backwards riding or
wheelwalk, but I have never made it finished it. I have never liked
technical training.

--
Axi

Jerrick
November 2nd 08, 08:13 PM
Axi;1123361 wrote:
> No, I dont follow thoes.
>
> When I learned how to ride I just went to ride. Freemount came
> automaticly.
> Couple times I have tried to learn idling, backwards riding or
> wheelwalk, but I have never made it finished it. I have never liked
> technical training.

You may want to learn the basics before you complain about the
technical parts.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Axi
November 2nd 08, 08:43 PM
> You may want to learn the basics before you complain about the technical
> parts.

What you mean whit "technical"?

--
Axi

johnfoss
November 2nd 08, 08:59 PM
Technically, the IUF/USA Skill Levels were developed before there was
any such thing as Trials, Street or Flatland. They were a progressive
system of unicycle tricks that existed at the time. Now there are other
areas/categories of tricks that aren't in there, but it's still a good
progression as long as you're interested in the tricks that are listed.
I don't like the Hand Wheel Walk, for instance, so my level development
stopped at 7. I learned most of what's in the rest of the levels but
have no plans of passing 8.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home