PDA

View Full Version : Grip Tape on cranks?

Unisykolist
November 8th 08, 03:21 AM
I asked a recent trials unicyclist I met if the thing on his cranks was
grip tape. I didn't ask where he got it but now I'm wondering where I
get it...
What is it's purpose?
Where do I get it?

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com

surfer1024
November 8th 08, 03:33 AM
Grip tape helps for flatland because your feet stick to the cranks
better making flatland tricks easier (Not really important for trials
though). You can get griptape online or at any skateboard shop.

Edit: Griptape summed up is only sandpaper with a sticky underside.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

Emile.m
November 8th 08, 03:41 AM
Actually, griptape may help in trial if you always slip off your pedals.
So you wont slip off your crank too.

lol.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

uninorcal
November 8th 08, 04:26 AM
Grip tape on cranks help a lot when flatlanding. I'd recommend it for
sure. I wouldn't put grip tape on the bottom of your cranks cuz it can
mess up grinding on rails. All and all, go griptape.

--
uninorcal

Unisykolist
November 8th 08, 05:40 AM
I was thinking it would help with landing unispins because countless
times my feet have just slipped of the cranks, anyway I think I'll go
and buy some.

--
Unisykolist

Perfecting... 360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009 :D
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street, Trials and a little bit of flatland

johnfoss
November 8th 08, 08:29 PM
uninorcal;1127328 wrote:
> Grip tape on cranks help a lot when flatlanding.

{OFF TOPIC} Sorry uninorcal, but your avatar has a really cool looking
illustration in it. Could you post it at a bigger size? Where did it
come from? Also, what's T-town? I'm in Sac-town.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper

lunicycle
November 8th 08, 10:31 PM
johnfoss;1127637 wrote:
> {OFF TOPIC} Sorry uninorcal, but your avatar has a really cool looking
> illustration in it. Could you post it at a bigger size? Where did it
> come from?

I was looking for unicycle cartoons online yesterday and came across
that illustration at http://outsiderartclub.blogspot.com/

The illustration: http://tinyurl.com/5h4ck9

--
lunicycle