PDA

View Full Version : help with a seat post.

1-wheeled-grape
November 8th 08, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately on Friday I snapped my stock Koxx seat post, while hopping
down a curb at the end of my drive way which is only about 20mm! I'm
guessing it had weakened over progressive wear. For now its got a very
short cromo post of my Muni on it.
The question is what 27.2mm post is best to replace it with. I want
something that will last ages and I'm not really bothered about weight,
any suggestions?
Price is an issue to, but not huge.

Thanks in advance, Scott.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*

1-wheeled-grape
November 8th 08, 11:13 PM
1.The pit fighter is £40, which IS too much.
2.The KH is an idea
3.The same post again... I don't know, I don't want the same to happen
a year down the line.

Is the forged KH available anywhere? I can't find it on UDC UK.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*

guilhermeteles
November 9th 08, 02:46 AM
For how long have you been using this seatpost?

If it broke after a year this is good... I broke my chromo seatpost in
5 months...

--
guilhermeteles

*Brazilian Uni Team*

wickedbob
November 9th 08, 02:48 AM
Get a cromo post. They are the strongest.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
> haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?

skrobo
November 9th 08, 02:51 AM
wickedbob;1127836 wrote:
> Get a cromo post. They are the strongest.

and cheapest i'm guessing.

i think you can even get a reinforced one and not have to worry about
it ever again.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"

wickedbob
November 9th 08, 02:55 AM
Yes. 20$ US. KH are like twice that or something... I don't know, so do
your own price checking.

Plus, you can get Cromo's welded when broke, with alu you need a whole
new post.

--

Ducttape wrote:
> haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?

1-wheeled-grape
November 9th 08, 10:09 AM
skrobo;1127838 wrote:
> and cheapest i'm guessing.
>
> i think you can even get a reinforced one and not have to worry about
> it ever again.

I broke a reinforced post... with little effort at all.
[image: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7540/dscf3330ka2.jpg]
I'll go with the cromo then. Cheap and strong

Thanks (again!)

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*

simonb
November 9th 08, 02:16 PM
get the quaz reinforced with a shim. ive got oe and its light, awesome
and appaerntly as strong as a pit fighter

--
simonb

)--360unispin-O 3rd place

samwii
November 9th 08, 02:31 PM
get the Qu-ax reinforced. that post is seriously good, and since it has
the stickyouty bit (cant remember what it is called:confused:, I know
its the reinforcing part) I doubt that you will break it as easy. its
well worth £12

--
samwii

_ [ C O L O R = \ \ " Y E L L O W \ \ " ] B R I N G _ B A C K _ T H E _
R O U N D C R O W N _ F R A M E S ! [ / C O L O R ] _
I'm getting one...

guilhermeteles
November 9th 08, 03:23 PM
A cromo post isn't the better option, I broke mine in 4~5 months.

--
guilhermeteles

*Brazilian Uni Team*

pedrotejada
November 9th 08, 03:49 PM
Guilherme just bent his seatpost on the plate! It's easy to repare...

I think that if you don't want to spend so much money, go with a
CrMO... Its heavy but strong...

You can buy another try-all or KH too...

I'm acctualy wondering how your try all had so long life... Usually
this seatpost brakes pretty easily!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*

1-wheeled-grape
November 9th 08, 03:52 PM
I ride pretty easily. I'm too fat and lazy to go and kill my unicycle.
That's how it lasted so long! :D

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*

thejdw
November 10th 08, 10:00 PM
Stop being a wimp and weld you seat bolts to your seat tube ;)

--
thejdw

-I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!-

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home