PDA

View Full Version : What Happens to Detroit?

Red Cloud
November 9th 08, 05:51 AM
Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
automobile factory began
closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
Detroit population
has drop to half in past 30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
automobile, first to build automobile
street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
it. People are leaving Detroit as
the automobile industry is going down. The city came too big, too
fast with automobile industry.
As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
is broken and can't be rebuilt.

..

Tom Keats
November 9th 08, 07:25 AM
In article >,
Red Cloud > writes:

> Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
> automobile factory began
> closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
> Detroit population
> has drop to half in past 30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
> automobile, first to build automobile
> street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> it.

Might make a good setting for a remake of Day of the Trifids,
or another Planet of the Apes sequel, or a Dr Who episode.

> People are leaving Detroit as
> the automobile industry is going down. The city came too big, too
> fast with automobile industry.
> As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
> is broken and can't be rebuilt.

People have an amazing capacity to adapt. But we sometimes
need a swift kick in the ass to do it.

The automotive industry is certainly suffering a downturn.
Maybe we already have manufactured "enough" cars.
Maybe more than enough. Anyways, Detroit can still mfg
train locomotives, buses, boxcars and maybe even bicycles.
And mine salt. A lot of good music and musicians have
come from Detroit. Yeah, people automatically associate
Detroit with the automotive industry, but it seems the
place is also an underrecognized Arts node.

I wouldn't wanna live there, myself, though -- it's too
far inland, and I'm a true-blue coastie. Even a Great Lake
isn't a patch on an ocean. I start to shrivel and dehydrate
if I go 100+ miles inland.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

bluezfolk
November 10th 08, 10:39 PM
On Nov 9, 12:51*am, Red Cloud > wrote:
> *Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
> automobile factory began
> *closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
> Detroit population
> has drop to half in past *30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
> automobile, first to build automobile
> street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
> it. People are leaving Detroit as
> the automobile industry is going down. * The city came too big, *too
> fast with automobile industry.
> As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
> is broken and can't be rebuilt.
>
> .

Its certainly a shame, especially now that Detroit automakers have
finally started producing some cars that can compete with the
imports. A case of to little, to late and the people suffer.

Eric

November 11th 08, 12:36 AM
On Nov 8, 9:51*pm, Red Cloud > wrote:
> *Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
> automobile factory began
> *closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
> Detroit population
> has drop to half in past *30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
> automobile, first to build automobile
> street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
> it. People are leaving Detroit as
> the automobile industry is going down. * The city came too big, *too
> fast with automobile industry.
> As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
> is broken and can't be rebuilt.
>
> .

Hey, you forgot to mention the Red Wings, Red Cloud....what will
happen to the hockey millionaires?
Huh?
ABS

Bill Sornson[_3_]
November 11th 08, 02:34 AM
> Hey, you forgot to mention the Red Wings, Red Cloud....what will
> happen to the hockey millionaires?

"Sorry the world just does not work by your white penis ass."
-- Pungent Poofster

Red Cloud
November 11th 08, 04:12 AM
On Nov 10, 4:36 pm, wrote:
> On Nov 8, 9:51 pm, Red Cloud > wrote:
>
> > Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
> > automobile factory began
> > closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
> > Detroit population
> > has drop to half in past 30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
> > automobile, first to build automobile
> > street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
> > it. People are leaving Detroit as
> > the automobile industry is going down. The city came too big, too
> > fast with automobile industry.
> > As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
> > is broken and can't be rebuilt.
>
> > .
>
> Hey, you forgot to mention the Red Wings, Red Cloud....what will
> happen to the hockey millionaires?
> Huh?
> ABS

You kook AmericanAss really can't see your lifestyle, your gov't,
your society, your
culture, your religion and your NASCAR are destorying the world. The
world is
no longer trusting US of ASS. The world is not gonna be blind by the
kook
NASCAR mentality. They are awaking up. They learned from the Detroit
meltdown.
From Europe, Asia to South America, they won't follow NASCAR
mentality.

Red Cloud
November 11th 08, 04:17 AM
On Nov 10, 2:39 pm, bluezfolk > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 12:51 am, Red Cloud > wrote:
>
> > Detroit is a well-know Motor city. What happens to Detroit now? As
> > automobile factory began
> > closing and outsourcing to oversea, the population is going down. The
> > Detroit population
> > has drop to half in past 30 yrs. Detroit is the first city to build
> > automobile, first to build automobile
> > street, first city to build signal. Over 30,000 buildings are deserted
> > it. People are leaving Detroit as
> > the automobile industry is going down. The city came too big, too
> > fast with automobile industry.
> > As automobile factories disappeared and people disappeared, the city
> > is broken and can't be rebuilt.
>
> > .
>
> Its certainly a shame, especially now that Detroit automakers have
> finally started producing some cars that can compete with the
> imports. A case of to little, to late and the people suffer.
>
> Eric

Those people are stupid. They are too greedy and too into NASCAR
mentaltity.
They obvioulsy did not see the world is no longer need huge truck and
8-cylinders
tank size car. They thought that a cheap oil will continue to supply
to the end of the time.

DennisTheBald
November 11th 08, 06:56 PM
yes, detroit is often referred to as "the motor city"

but no, it is not the site of the first automobile being built.

It's not the first place to have an "automobile road" - WTF are you
one of those morons that's always yelling at me to get off the road?
well, FU pig!

I don't think automobiles are disappearing any time soon. Even when
working folks in the US can't afford to drive 'em anymore there will
still be 2 or 3 up on blocks on every suburban lawn. And them Chinese
are building thousands more everyday, they are in the wildest throws
of passion in their affair with the automobile - even if you believe
that the honeymoon is over in the US.

But I say the automobile is alive and well in the US, even if we have
to fund two of the big three with tax dollars to keep their doors
open.

What's good for GM is good for America, and anyone that dissents is a
damn drug dealing, terrorist, child-pornographer.

DennisTheBald
November 11th 08, 06:57 PM
n't wanna live there, myself, though -- it's too
> far inland, and I'm a true-blue coastie. Even a Great Lake
> isn't a patch on an ocean. I start to shrivel and dehydrate
> if I go 100+ miles inland.

If I can unload a boat full of Chinese made goods on the docks it's a
coast.

Red Cloud
November 11th 08, 08:02 PM
On Nov 11, 10:56 am, DennisTheBald > wrote:
> yes, detroit is often referred to as "the motor city"
>
> but no, it is not the site of the first automobile being built.
>
> It's not the first place to have an "automobile road" - WTF are you
> one of those morons that's always yelling at me to get off the road?
> well, FU pig!

You get the liberal guy yelling at you get off the road? Sorry you
got the
wrong guy. As far as NASCAR mentality is concerned, both liberal and
conservative do behave aliked. Or are you telling me Conservatives
not
acting like NASCAR? I dunno how you stupid AmericanAss would believe
consevative doen't behave NASCAR. They are the NASCAR kook!

> I don't think automobiles are disappearing any time soon. Even when
> working folks in the US can't afford to drive 'em anymore there will
> still be 2 or 3 up on blocks on every suburban lawn. And them Chinese
> are building thousands more everyday, they are in the wildest throws
> of passion in their affair with the automobile - even if you believe
> that the honeymoon is over in the US.
>
> But I say the automobile is alive and well in the US, even if we have
> to fund two of the big three with tax dollars to keep their doors
> open.
>
> What's good for GM is good for America, and anyone that dissents is a
> damn drug dealing, terrorist, child-pornographer.

I did not say automobile is going down. I said that these stupid
Americans
did not see the world and couldn't see the future. They thought they
gonna get
endless flow of cheap oil so they gonna keep driving hummer-size truck
forever...
Europe, Asian, South-American are all adopting alternative fuel and
fuel-efficient
automobile when American NASCAR kook think the whole world is NASCAR
tracks.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home