PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gallery of unicycling D'oh's

Chrashing
November 11th 08, 02:33 AM
After waiting 5 months for that KH geared hub, it arrived Thursday.
After work I built up the 24" wheel, Friday night trued and mounted the
wheel in the frame. Things were going so well, it was late, I was
tired, but that new ride was nearly ready, so I hurried to mount the
cranks.

I was torquing the second crank when, -D'ohhh what a feeling-. I had
just rounded the hex insert of the crank bolt. That very very special
hollow crank bolt. Then immeadiatly glancing at the hub instructions
booklet, and yes it clearly does warn that the shifting shaft is to be
pushed out of the way when tightening the crank bolt.

Luckily, I know cranks always loosen when you ride the first time, so I
got a chance to try the geared hub. I couldn't yet mount or ride in high
gear, but after a few minutes was able to remove the bad crank bolt by
hand.

Hope I can get a replacement crank bolt soon.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......

nathan
November 11th 08, 02:37 AM
Ouch! I've heard of others making that same exact mistake. Don't worry
it will be second nature not to do that from now on!

---Nathan

--
nathan

Google