PDA

View Full Version : Dan Heaton, Jeff Groves and Ryan Atkins trials demo coming to Minneapolis Nov. 21-22

uniryder
November 13th 08, 08:45 AM
To anyone that lives in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area...

Myself, Jeff and Ryan will be out at the grand opening of Columbia
Sportswear's new store at the Mall of America. We'll be putting on
trials demos and teaching unicycling from 12-5pm on Saturday, Nov. 21
and Sunday, Nov. 22.

Feel free to come on out and show your support or come say hi!

-Dan

--
uniryder

unicycledood
November 13th 08, 10:27 AM
Awesome. Would come if I could.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
> haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

jl0r
November 13th 08, 04:16 PM
I'll make sure we get some local unicyclist there to show the support.

It's been a LONG time since there was a unicycle show at MOA.

--
jl0r

Andy Cotter
November 13th 08, 04:18 PM
Dan that is great. Do you have any extra time away from your publicity
to do anything else in the area? Our club is really going toward
Trials/Street and would love to have you show some stuff.

uniryder;1130311 wrote:
> We'll be putting on trials demos and teaching unicycling from 12-5pm on
> Saturday, Nov. 21 and Sunday, Nov. 22.
> -Dan

Unless I'm looking at my calendar wrong, Saturday is Nov 22 and Sunday
is Nov 23.

-Andy

--
Andy Cotter

unibikeling
November 13th 08, 06:00 PM
Hey! This soudns awesome, i'll ask my parents and see if i can. Theres
some other things i need to be doing that day, but i'll try and make it.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

uniryder
November 13th 08, 10:43 PM
OOPS!

Screwed up on the dates... It is actually the weekend of the 22nd and
23rd...
--------------------------
Minnesota Flagship Store
GRAND OPENING

NEW! - Mall of America

112 West Market, Space W112
Bloomington, MN 55425
Tel: 952.854.5260
Hours: Monday - Saturday 10:00 am - 9:30 pm,
Sunday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm

Grand Opening Details:

Meet A Pioneer: Columbia brings the greater outdoors indoors with a
customized Columbia cycle track featuring Dan Heaton, professional off
road unicyclist and Columbia Pioneer. Watch and learn as Dan and friends
turn tricks on one wheel. Location - Macy's Court near the Columbia
store in Mall of America - 11/22 and 11/23 between 12 pm and 5 pm. Free
giveaways and activities for all ages.

Gift With Purchase! Stop in the Columbia store in Mall of America
during the opening week to receive a free Columbia Backpack with any
purchase of $75 or more (while supplies last).

--
uniryder

surfer1024
November 13th 08, 11:31 PM
That's really cool, be sure to have someone get footage!

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

petad
November 13th 08, 11:36 PM
I should be able to come I think. Yay! :)

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
'definitely'
(http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)

Unreal-Wheel
November 13th 08, 11:44 PM
Hopefully I can go:)

--
Unreal-Wheel

')-Crankflip-'O,
3rd
place'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2104164)

padst3r
November 14th 08, 08:47 AM
Make sure someone films it :D

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

uni_mattster
November 14th 08, 08:28 PM
Wow what an epic demo! If only I lived there...

--
uni_mattster

You can never honestly answer "no" when questioned on the todayness of
Opposites Day

Andy Cotter
November 14th 08, 08:52 PM
For all those in the Minnesota area and are planning on checking it out,
drop me a me a line and I'll let you know what we got going on on Friday
and Saturday night. If all goes accordingly to plan we should have some
practice time available on Friday night.

-Andy

--
Andy Cotter

Jon Atwell
November 14th 08, 10:47 PM
i'll be there. looking forward to whatevers going on on friday and
saturday night!

--
Jon Atwell

DemonJumper
November 16th 08, 08:16 PM
Looks like I went to Minneapolis a couple weeks too early. Oh well I
guess, I'm injured now anyway.

On a somewhat related note - I was studying at the library a few days
ago when I walked past the magazines and randomly picked one called
Outside. I opened it up and guess who I saw. Dan Heaton in his
Columbia ad! :cool:

--
DemonJumper

unibikeling
November 19th 08, 10:30 PM
Hey, uhm, anyone know what we should do if we come?

Like, should we bring unicycles and helmets and such to there, or
should someone set up a little trials/street ride outside the mall?

would it be okay to walk with your uni into MOA to the thing and be
able once your there?

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

Jon Atwell
November 19th 08, 10:35 PM
unibikeling;1133904 wrote:

> would it be okay to walk with your uni into MOA to the thing and be
> able once your there?

i dont know if ull be able to ride at the dan heaton thing

but ive done a demo at zumeiz before and they didnt do anything when i
brought my uni into the mall

--
Jon Atwell

unibikeling
November 19th 08, 10:54 PM
Jon Atwell;1133906 wrote:
> i dont know if ull be able to ride at the dan heaton thing
>
> but ive done a demo at zumeiz before and they didnt do anything when i
> brought my uni into the mall

well, i'm just wondering cause i really want to ride with some people
while i'm down there.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

petad
November 19th 08, 11:43 PM
We could always have an unofficial sesh (sess?) near the mall before or
after the thing happens. I'm probably going Saturday.

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
')-Crankflip-'O,
5th'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNVgwwHR9M)

unibikeling
November 20th 08, 01:07 AM
petad;1133935 wrote:
> We could always have an unofficial sesh (sess?) near the mall before or
> after the thing happens. I'm probably going Saturday.

Hey peter, you got AIM, Yahoo, MSN or anything? cause it'd be cool to
be able to line something up.

weather - High of 34F, Low of 25F, Partly Cloudy.

Sounds alright for winter riding. It'll be sunny ish, and warm ENOUGH
for my fingers lol..

Could be good, i just need to know before hand, cause ive gotta have an
agenda for my mom to be driving me down to the cities.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

Unreal-Wheel
November 22nd 08, 09:06 PM
I got a free hat from Ryan Atkins :)

29649

And Dan Heaton signed it:cool:

29650

|Filename: Photo 67.jpg |

Unreal-Wheel

')-Crankflip-'O,
3rd
place'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2104164)

unibikeling
November 22nd 08, 11:28 PM
Unreal-Wheel;1135720 wrote:
> I got a free hat from Ryan Atkins :)
>
> 29649
>
> And Dan Heaton signed it:cool:
>
> 29650

lol. your gonna see him at NAUCC 09 come summer i'm guessing.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

Jamin
November 24th 08, 04:22 PM
Any video of this?

--
Jamin

unibikeling
November 24th 08, 09:24 PM
Jamin;1137004 wrote:
> Any video of this?

thats where i come in eh?

got video of the entire day, gonna edit soon.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing after I do the take off-"

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

petad
November 24th 08, 10:46 PM
There was that one guy with the tripod and really nice camera, not sure
who he was but I'm sure he got some nice footage. I'm pretty sure Dan
knew him.

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
')-Crankflip-'O,
5th'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNVgwwHR9M)

unibikeling
November 24th 08, 11:09 PM
petad;1137439 wrote:
> There was that one guy with the tripod and really nice camera, not sure
> who he was but I'm sure he got some nice footage. I'm pretty sure Dan
> knew him.

I'm pretty sure that guy was with columbia lol. I wish i could have
gotten in there and gotten cool shots.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

surfer1024
November 25th 08, 12:16 AM
So where's the pics and vids!?

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

unibikeling
November 25th 08, 04:03 AM
surfer1024;1137515 wrote:
> So where's the pics and vids!?

in good time zack.

Ive got stuff i'm doing this week, i'll get around to it. I'll post
some pics tomorrow night in the least.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

georgegoss
November 25th 08, 07:24 AM
I saw on the Columbia Sportswear site you were going to be in Seattle
Dec. 6th and 7th from 12-4. Is that accurate? I have a unicycle parade
on the morning Dec. 6th with 45 students in Yelm but it would be cool to
see the demo in Seattle the next day. I need to know that you are going
to be there before I relay the message about the demo to the kids and
parents. Thanks

--
georgegoss

All work and no play makes George a dull boy.

Ducttape
November 25th 08, 07:53 PM
georgegoss;1137747 wrote:
> I saw on the Columbia Sportswear site you were going to be in Seattle
> Dec. 6th and 7th from 12-4. Is that accurate? I have a unicycle parade
> on the morning Dec. 6th with 45 students in Yelm but it would be cool to
> see the demo in Seattle the next day. I need to know that you are going
> to be there before I relay the message about the demo to the kids and
> parents. Thanks

Hey if that happens that's not that dfar for me I'm going to try to
make it up there.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'