PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Weather

Cadseen
December 7th 08, 11:40 AM
On a day like this I will stick to the Tacx Imagic

http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

Brian Huntley
December 8th 08, 02:24 AM
On Dec 7, 6:40*am, "Cadseen" > wrote:
> On a day like this I will stick to the Tacx Imagic
>
> http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

Oh, come on. That doesn't even simulate pouring methyl alcohol into
your lock and hoping it de-ices so you don't have to set it on fire to
get going, or heading downhill at the corner instead of the more
direct uphill, just so you can get some heat in your brake pads before
you hit traffic, or making sure you have backup pairs of gloves and
socks with you, in case it turns sloppy and sleety downtown.

Dane Buson
December 10th 08, 12:51 AM
Brian Huntley > wrote:
> On Dec 7, 6:40*am, "Cadseen" > wrote:
>> On a day like this I will stick to the Tacx Imagic
>>
>> http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com
>
> Oh, come on. That doesn't even simulate pouring methyl alcohol into
> your lock and hoping it de-ices so you don't have to set it on fire to
> get going

I thought the standard solution was to urinate in the lock. Or is that
just if you don't have a can of sterno handy?

--
Dane Buson -
The Official MBA Handbook on business cards:

Tom Keats
December 13th 08, 07:21 AM
In article >,
Dane Buson > writes:
> Brian Huntley > wrote:
>> On Dec 7, 6:40*am, "Cadseen" > wrote:
>>> On a day like this I will stick to the Tacx Imagic
>>>
>>> http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com
>>
>> Oh, come on. That doesn't even simulate pouring methyl alcohol into
>> your lock and hoping it de-ices so you don't have to set it on fire to
>> get going
>
> I thought the standard solution was to urinate in the lock. Or is that
> just if you don't have a can of sterno handy?

Ready for the Big Freeze tomorrow (Saturday) when
the downcoming Alaska High arrives?

Ugh. First we get thoroughly drenched with mixed
rain & snow, then we get sub-freezing temps.
Talk about the ol' one-two!

I should've stocked up on a number of configs of HotShotz[tm].
hmmm ... that gives me a gift idea for my brother and
sister-in-law, who are trying to survive up-country.

Anyways, HotShotz are lovely and endearable when you need 'em.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.