PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lightning Cycle Dynamics P-38

JimmyMac
December 7th 08, 03:19 PM
On Dec 6, 1:20*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "JimmyMac" > wrote in message

> On Dec 5, 4:06 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
>

> > "JimmyMac" > wrote in message

> > On Dec 4, 3:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > > Furthermore, who cares how many miles you go or how fast. I only
> > > care about being on the bike for as long as possible - usually 8 to 10
> > > hours
> > > a day. I let the miles and the speed take care of themselves.
>
> > On it or riding it? If you are on a bike 8-10 hours, I am willing to
> > bet that you are just puttering along and cover little distance in
> > relation to the hours spent. Whereas there is nothing wrong with that
> > and this is not a criticism, you should realize that there is nothing
> > wrong with riding far or riding fast either and you should afford the
> > same courtesy and refrain from being critical others for riding as
> > they choose ... to each his own, so to speak. Is that so difficult to
> > comprehend?
>
> > All week long group bike tours are set up so they can be accomplished by
> > anyone riding at about 10 mph or so. That is my accustomed speed which is
> > easy to do on a recumbent without any discomfort at all.
> >> So the answer is on it then. *Most people walk about 3 mph and speed
>
> walker attain speeds of 5+ mph. *10 mph would be for me a bike boring
> pace akin to a bike balancing act for the less skilled.
>
> Yes, you no doubt ride your bike the way you lead your life - frenetic and
> senseless! The only thing you are rushing to is your death.

No doubt??? OPINION ... OPINION ... UNQUALIFIED ERRANT OPINION!!!
You have neither knowledge redagrading how I lead my life nor is is
any concern of yours.

> > Most upright
> > cyclists like to go as fast as they can in order to get the ride over with
> > as soon as possible.
> >> In your opinion you meant to say. *Stating opinion as fact appears to
>
> be an incurable bad habit of yours. *I ride fast some days and smell
> the roses on other regardless of whether I am on the recumbent or the
> upright.
>
> Upright cyclists do not ever ride slowly on a week long tour. If they did,
> it would kill them.

In your OPINION, you mean???

> > Many can easily average 20 mph.
> >> They can? *Try it sometime. *I am willing to bet you can't do that for
>
> 5 miles.
>
> A hard, fast ride takes all the enjoyment out of cycling.

One that doesn't address the issue and two you have again stated an
opinion as though it were fact. I enjoy both fast and slow rides. In
order for you to have some basis for your opinion adn difinitively
know if riding fast is enjoyable you would first have to be capable of
riding fast. First hand experience and knowledge have never been
prerequisites required for you to formulate an uninformed opinion not
to present it as fact.

> > I regard this kind of hard riding as completely insane.
>
> Congratulations ... you finally qualified an opinion . *There is hope
> for you after all.
>
> > The only reason to go that fast is to
> > minimize the suffering. But it doesn't do any good. They still hurt at the
> > end of the day.
> >> I take is all back since you immediately reverted back to your usual
>
> style ... the Dolan de facto maifesto. *Readers, this should not come
> as a revelation ... a purveyor of disinformation, Dolan fancies
> himself to be a polymathic profundity (just look it up Conan the
> Librarian), then again Ed is known to place far more stock in his
> unqualified, wayward opinions than do others.
>
> Usenet is all about opinion and nothing else. Even Tom Sherman, who likes to
> be factual, ends up being as opinionated as anyone. It is not opinion per
> say that matters so much as the quality of the opinion being expressed.

Quality of opinion is largely dependent upon the quality and quantity
of firsthand knowledge and/or experience. Most of your opinions lack
both prerequisites. An opinion not based upon knowledge and/or
experience, is not one of quality and to contend so makes for yet
another characteristic groundless opinion lacking in quality.

> Ed
> Dolan the Great is in a class by himself when it comes to opinion.

No argument with that opinion as you are the most opinionated person I
have ever encountered ... good that you are in a class by
yourself .and are are not a twin.

> These
> cycling newsgroups are fortunate indeed to have such a Great One in their
> midst.

GRATE One, why not chage your self-serving, egocentric signature to
the Delusional One???

> > > Regards,
>
> > > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> > > aka
> > > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home