PDA

View Full Version : Re: Minnesota Winters

Tom Keats
December 12th 08, 11:02 PM
In article >,
"Jeff Grippe" > writes:

> I think that Tucson is rated #3 in some lists of top cities for cyclist.
> Seattle, I believe, is #1 but I personally couldn't take the climate. With
> all my various broken and repaired parts, I need dry. I understand that
> Seattle is a fantastic place to live but its just not for me. Portland, I've
> heard is also quite good but I have the same climate problems. So when I'm
> ready to leave NY, I think I'll head to Tucson.

Some of those south Californian places whose names start with
San or Santa sound pretty good too. 'Specially if they're
on or near the ocean.

I think I'd like to winter on Gilligan's Island.
But without any whacky neighbours, restive
volcanoes, typhoons, itinerant headhunters,
enemy subs, or Mars landings gone awry.

Maybe have The Sporting News delivered.
Do a little gardening, do a little fishing.

Almost sounds like retirement, doesn't it?

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Kid Mustang[_2_]
December 12th 08, 11:41 PM
On 12/12/08 15:02, Tom Keats wrote:

> Some of those south Californian places whose names start with
> San or Santa sound pretty good too. 'Specially if they're
> on or near the ocean.

No, go away. The weather is lousy here. Awful.
It's, horrible. You don't want to come here.

KM in San Diego.

Tom Keats
December 13th 08, 12:21 AM
In article <1229125316.759673@news1nwk>,
Kid Mustang > writes:
> On 12/12/08 15:02, Tom Keats wrote:
>
>> Some of those south Californian places whose names start with
>> San or Santa sound pretty good too. 'Specially if they're
>> on or near the ocean.
>
> No, go away. The weather is lousy here. Awful.
> It's, horrible. You don't want to come here.
>

> KM in San Diego.

It would just be for a winter visit, and I'd bring money.

And I'm not a pathological golfer, nor have I any other
inducements or inclinations to outstay my welcome. ;-)

Seems to me there are some direct airline flights between
Vancouver and San Diego. Even red-eyes. But -- Las Vegas
is cheaper to travel to (especially now.) Then, just
Greyhound it from Las Vegas to S.D. Then rent a Hertz,
drive to Santa Monica, find a non-sleazy motel, pay the guy
up-front, and sleep in warmth through winter. Get somebody
to drive the Hertz back for you -- preferably the person
with whom's credit card you (he) rented it in the first place.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.