PDA

View Full Version : I want one of these!

Ted
December 13th 08, 05:53 PM
Why have these not become mainstream? It appears to have been long
enough.
http://n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/652000/159871_bicycle_feet_1_vw.jpg
(stumble!)

Ted.

Paul O
December 15th 08, 06:21 PM
Ted wrote, On 12/13/2008 12:53 PM:
> Why have these not become mainstream? It appears to have been long
> enough.
> http://n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/652000/159871_bicycle_feet_1_vw.jpg
> (stumble!)
>
> Ted.

Technically, wouldn't this be a quadracycle?

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Leo Lichtman[_2_]
December 16th 08, 12:41 AM
Ted, wouldn't it be better to have a pair?

Jym Dyer
December 16th 08, 10:46 PM
> Why have these not become mainstream? It appears to have
> been long enough.

http://n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/652000/159871_bicycle_feet_1_vw.jpg

=v= Four wheels bad! :^)

=v= No, seriously, these look pretty cool. I think inline
skates would perform much better, though.
Eight Wheels Good (Ten for Racers),
<_Jym_>

Ryan Cousineau
December 17th 08, 03:06 AM
In article >,
Jym Dyer > wrote:

> > Why have these not become mainstream? It appears to have
> > been long enough.
>
> http://n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/652000/159871_bicycle_feet_1_vw.jpg
>
> =v= Four wheels bad! :^)
>
> =v= No, seriously, these look pretty cool. I think inline
> skates would perform much better, though.
> Eight Wheels Good (Ten for Racers),
> <_Jym_>

They're recumbent rollerblades. That's why they're not popular.

DougC
January 10th 09, 05:03 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article >,
> Jym Dyer > wrote:
>
>>> Why have these not become mainstream? It appears to have
>>> been long enough.
>> http://n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com/1/652000/159871_bicycle_feet_1_vw.jpg
>>
>> =v= Four wheels bad! :^)
>>
>> =v= No, seriously, these look pretty cool. I think inline
>> skates would perform much better, though.
>> Eight Wheels Good (Ten for Racers),
>> <_Jym_>
>
> They're recumbent rollerblades. That's why they're not popular.

With rollerskates (as with bicycles) it's pretty tough these days to
invent something totally new. You're lucky if nobody's still around from
the *last* time it appeared.

I remember back when Rollerblades first appeared--and then soon after,
cheaper imitators began to appear. They didn't copy the name, just the
skate design. The company that made Rollerblades began to threaten
others with lawsuits for patent infringement.

The back-page columnist of American History magazine heard about it
somehow, and remembered seeing very similar (in-line) skates in an
antique catalog.... so he solicited readers for any examples they could
find. Numerous examples over 100 years old were submitted; the oldest
was from a catalog printed nearly 150 years earlier.
~

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home