PDA

View Full Version : Re: Minnesota Winters

December 15th 08, 06:15 AM
On Dec 11, 3:40*am, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that this earth is just barely
> inhabitable by us humans? Now is the winter of my discontent. Minnesota is
> colder than ever. I am cold all the time. Damn these northern climes!

Long underwear.
Insulated bicycling shorts that's windproof/waterproof.
Insulated undershirt.
Sweater.
Jacket that's windproof/waterproof.
Balaclava.
Wool socks. Try multiple layers.
Insulated gloves.
Mittens to wear over gloves.
Boots + clips or powergrips.
Balaclava.
Neck warmer.
Hat.
Winter helmet (something that isn't ventilated).
Goggles.

There, that wasn't so hard, right? :p

PS: Below -20 with windchills on Monday. Yippie!

December 15th 08, 06:20 AM
I forgot the camelback under your jacket (waterbottles freeze) and the
studded nokians for ice.

Peter Cole[_2_]
December 16th 08, 03:47 PM
wrote:
> On Dec 11, 3:40 am, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
>> Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that this earth is just barely
>> inhabitable by us humans? Now is the winter of my discontent. Minnesota is
>> colder than ever. I am cold all the time. Damn these northern climes!
>
> Long underwear.
> Insulated bicycling shorts that's windproof/waterproof.

That's quite a look!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home