PDA

View Full Version : Re: Xmas Message to the Cycling Newsgroups from Ed Dolan the Great

December 18th 08, 02:17 PM
On Dec 17, 8:06*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> Is there anyone left in the Western world who believes in God, let alone the
> divinity of Jesus Christ? *Only the murderous Muslims truly believe any of
> that nonsense these days. I expect Jews to remain true to their traditions
> to the bitter end. I hold them to a higher standard. But surely the rest of
> us are all secularists by now.
>
> Even so, we are well advised not to abandon our Christian traditions,
> hollowed by over two thousand years of rich experience. I despair of
> secularism, even though I am one. The humanities are no substitute for
> religion. And so, in spite of myself, I am going to wish all of you a God
> Damn ****ing Merry Christmas ... and if you don't have one, I am going to
> kick your dumb ass!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Dude, you are starting to sound la Laura Schlesinger. Pushing xtianity
even though you don't buy it? Or are u a closeted xtian?

Edward Dolan
December 19th 08, 01:27 AM
> wrote in message
On Dec 17, 8:06 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> Is there anyone left in the Western world who believes in God, let alone
> the
> divinity of Jesus Christ? Only the murderous Muslims truly believe any of
> that nonsense these days. I expect Jews to remain true to their traditions
> to the bitter end. I hold them to a higher standard. But surely the rest
> of
> us are all secularists by now.
>
> Even so, we are well advised not to abandon our Christian traditions,
> hollowed by over two thousand years of rich experience. I despair of
> secularism, even though I am one. The humanities are no substitute for
> religion. And so, in spite of myself, I am going to wish all of you a God
> Damn ****ing Merry Christmas ... and if you don't have one, I am going to
> kick your dumb ass!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

>> Dude, you are starting to sound la Laura Schlesinger. Pushing xtianity
even though you don't buy it? Or are u a closeted xtian?

I am not much of a Christian I must admit, but secularism has ever proved
itself a failure. All the tyrants of the 20th century were former
religionists who thought that their societies would be better off without
religion. Alas, they proved just the opposite of that. Religion, as bad as
it sometimes is, is about the only thing that saves us from ourselves.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Google