PDA

View Full Version : Better for pre or post-ride meal at this place?

Mike Jacoubowsky
January 2nd 09, 03:45 AM
www.heartattackgrill.com

Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
But it is. And scary. Very scary!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Bill Sornson[_5_]
January 2nd 09, 04:10 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> www.heartattackgrill.com
>
> Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
> But it is. And scary. Very scary!

Post-ride only. Chest pains tend to diminish the motivation to hammer.

Bill "don't let NY Governor Fatterson know about this place" S.

Daniel Lord
January 2nd 09, 08:15 AM
On Jan 1, 7:45*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote:
> www.heartattackgrill.com
>
> Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
> But it is. And scary. Very scary!
>
> --Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You know, I take the dietary concerns of 21st Century Americans with a
grain of salt (pun intended regarding salt intake worries). I think
the stressful and sedentary lifestyle of modern Americans has more to
do with their medical and health issues than their diet within limits--
chugging down fatty foods sitting in front of a TV for hours a day
never helped anyone. And I think medical PR folks are aiming towards
that sedentary crowd with their prohibitions. So basically I think the
cautions are more apropos for sedentary people. Witness the
generations of folks who didn't follow the diet regimes of today yet
lived nearly as long and often died due to lack of care, vaccines,
antibiotics, etc.--not failing general health.

In fact American longevity is less than that of Europeans on average
now even though Europeans smoke and drink more on average. Maybe it is
because they have better access to healthcare than the average
American now. But maybe it's reduced stress ( 8 weeks of vacation and
35-hour work weeks cannot hurt) and exercise--they walk a lot more
and drive a lot less. What about that? Not that smoking is good for
lung efficiency which is key to cycling--so I don't recommend nor do I
partake in smoking at all, Mainly I think the human omnivore's
metabolism and physique can withstand a lot if kept in good shape
including moderate amounts of fat provided the body is kept in good
cardiovascular shape and low mental stress. Moderation in all things
(eating to be sure) seems to me to be the best plan--but there is no
need to fret over the daily diet too much. Just use moderation. I am
not aware of any studies that show the French, who eat a lot of fatty
and rich foods--but in smaller portions, and drink a lot more wine
than we Americans do, die any younger than American vegetarians--or
Indian vegetarians for that matter. If there are--please provide the
links but I am pretty sure you won't find any. Maybe they just eat
less, exercise more, and work and worry less. I think that's the magic
formula. And all the vitamins, diets, and health tonics in the world
won't fix that for you if you have those basics wrong.

Moderation in all things including diet, stress, and even exercise is
the way to a long healthy life. My grandfather from Wales used to
drink a raw egg in a glass of milk everyday for breakfast followed by
a shot of whiskey since he was 14 and smoked unfiltered Kool
cigarettes--4 a day. He lived to 92 years of age. Some of our destiny
is simply in our genes and we cannot escape it. The rest is up to our
moderation and enjoying of life thereby reducing our mental stress.
Stress kills as much as diet does--maybe even more. Personally cycling
helps me in two ways--it cuts my stress and strengthens my
cardiovascular system. I do like a good hearty beer after a ride and
look forward to decades more of them. I trim the fat from my steaks
before grilling but I do eat one at least once a week and look forward
to enjoying them for as many years as my grandfather did.

Ride on in health to all of you in this new year,
Daniel

January 2nd 09, 02:16 PM
On Jan 1, 10:45*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" > wrote:
> www.heartattackgrill.com
>
> Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
> But it is. And scary. Very scary!
>
> --Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

That's sorta funny, in a disturbing sort of way.

Anyway, I don't like to eat much before a ride, just something light
and with substance (usually a cliff bar) and a decent amount of
espresso. Post-ride I'll pig out and throw back a couple cold ones
(never did understand hot coffee after a ride. Iced coffee sure, but
hot?!)

slide[_2_]
January 2nd 09, 02:55 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> www.heartattackgrill.com
>
> Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
> But it is. And scary. Very scary!

I don't see the humor, but do find it refreshing from the constant
barrage of nanny-ism we're faced with daily.

Near me a new smoking place opened up. Yeah, a sort of bar which
features tobacco products & invites you in for a drink and a smoke.
While I don't smoke, I can surely understand that someone who enjoys a
cigar or other tobacco products would find a place where he can light up
in peace to be a nice refuge.

I suppose this is the same. Poorly done Web site though. Looks like
something put together by 3rd graders trying for parody.

Rob Lindauer
January 2nd 09, 03:48 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> www.heartattackgrill.com
>
> Got this in our dealer e-list. I seriously didn't believe it was real.
> But it is. And scary. Very scary!
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

I sought out Heart Attack Grill when I was on a project in Phoenix a few
years back. I think there were a couple locations, with someone in CA
trying to franchise, but looks as if they're down to one now.

I went for the smallest burger - huge by normal standards, but actually
pretty good.

The wait staff was all female and all in naughty nurse costume. I would
have enjoyed the scenery, but my waitress was a spitting image of my
20-something daughter, so I had to look elsewhere. Go figure.
Listening to the conversations, I think the waitresses were all college
students at a nearby college.

Regards, RL

--
Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email address

Tom Sherman[_2_]
January 3rd 09, 04:47 AM
Daniel Lord wrote:
> [...]
>
> Moderation in all things including diet, stress, and even exercise is
> the way to a long healthy life. My grandfather from Wales used to
> drink a raw egg in a glass of milk everyday for breakfast followed by
> a shot of whiskey since he was 14 and smoked unfiltered Kool
> cigarettes--4 a day. He lived to 92 years of age. Some of our destiny
> is simply in our genes and we cannot escape it. The rest is up to our
> moderation and enjoying of life thereby reducing our mental stress.
> Stress kills as much as diet does--maybe even more. Personally cycling
> helps me in two ways--it cuts my stress and strengthens my
> cardiovascular system. I do like a good hearty beer after a ride and
> look forward to decades more of them. I trim the fat from my steaks
> before grilling but I do eat one at least once a week and look forward
> to enjoying them for as many years as my grandfather did.

Low stress is un-American. What are you, some kind of godless communist?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll

Google