PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle Race

Tom Crispin
February 21st 09, 09:04 PM
Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.

http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

February 21st 09, 09:12 PM
On Feb 21, 9:04*pm, Tom Crispin
> wrote:
> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>
> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

and not a helmet in sight

igmc
james

Tony Dragon
February 21st 09, 09:16 PM
Tom Crispin wrote:
> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>
> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

Imagine that lot bearing down on you at speed.
I notice that there are a lot of helmets being worn to protect their
heads, what other protection could be suggested?

On another note, are they what used to be known as 'town bikes'?

--
Tony the Dragon

Paul - xxx[_2_]
February 21st 09, 09:29 PM
Tony Dragon wrote:

> Tom Crispin wrote:
> > Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> > race, but loads of really nice bicycles.
> >
> > http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>
> Imagine that lot bearing down on you at speed.
> I notice that there are a lot of helmets being worn to protect their
> heads, what other protection could be suggested?
>
> On another note, are they what used to be known as 'town bikes'?

They were on bikes?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Tim Dunne
February 21st 09, 10:00 PM
Tom Crispin wrote:
> Nothing particularly unusual...

You been reading the comments on Yehuda Moon? They've ben talking about
that image lately...

Tim

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
February 21st 09, 10:39 PM
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:12:05 -0800 (PST),
said in
>:

>and not a helmet in sight

Actually a few very badly fitted hairnet style helmets. But look at
those tan lines! Worse than you get from bibshorts. (looks over
shoulder).

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE <http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt>

Tom Crispin
February 22nd 09, 01:24 AM
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:00:07 GMT, Tim Dunne
> wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> Nothing particularly unusual...
>
>You been reading the comments on Yehuda Moon? They've ben talking about
>that image lately...

My Saturday night vice is rumbled.

Man With Chip
February 22nd 09, 04:37 AM
> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>
> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?

Oaf

Tom Crispin
February 22nd 09, 06:36 AM
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:37:29 -0800 (PST), Man With Chip
> wrote:

>> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>>
>> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>
>Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?

I don't see any men in the picture.

Marc[_2_]
February 22nd 09, 08:55 AM
Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:37:29 -0800 (PST), Man With Chip
> > wrote:
>
>>> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>>> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>>>
>>> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>> Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?
>
> I don't see any men in the picture.
Or anyone without a bicycle.

judith smith
February 22nd 09, 12:04 PM
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:55:23 +0000, Marc
> wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:

>>> Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?
>>
>> I don't see any men in the picture.
> Or anyone without a bicycle.

Now then Round - no need to be abusive.

I bet the site of all those saddles waiting for a sniff got the old
taste buds agitated.

--

An URC myth: Cycling is no more dangerous that walking:

Wrong:

The DfT state that there are 533 cyclists killed or seriously injured for every 384 pedestrians.

ie Cycling is 38% more dangerous than walking

February 23rd 09, 10:18 AM
On Feb 21, 10:39*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:12:05 -0800 (PST),
> said in
> >:
>
> >and not a helmet in sight
>
> Actually a few

whoooosh

Dave Larrington
February 23rd 09, 10:29 AM
In ,
Tom Crispin > tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>
> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

I've read elsewhere that the bikes were loaned Halfrauds gas-pipe specials.

I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting each
and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.

--
Dave Larrington
There ought to be a /La/ against it.

judith smith
February 23rd 09, 01:02 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:18:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>On Feb 21, 10:39*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:12:05 -0800 (PST),
>> said in
>> >:
>>
>> >and not a helmet in sight
>>
>> Actually a few
>
>whoooosh

Quite:

he is not the brightest button in the box.

judith >

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

judith smith
February 23rd 09, 06:33 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:12:15 -0700 (MST), Judith Smith
> wrote:

>Man With Chip > wrote:
>
>> > Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>> > race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>> >
>> > http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>>
>> Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?
>
>Of course not - everyone knows I hate cycling
>and cyclists.
>

>judith >
>
>--
>I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
>I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy
>Chapman)
>I would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage
>my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
>I pointed out the web page
>He then quickly changed the web page - but "forgot" to change the date
>of last amendment so it looked like the change had been there for
>years.

Excellent - the pinnacle at last.

Someone forging my name and posts.

I must have really got up the nose of someone.

give the game away.

It is odds on Chapman - neat to put in the Chapman sig - that'll throw
her off the scent ;-)

--
Is the Bicycle Helmet Research Foundation biased?
What do you think?

Tom Crispin
February 23rd 09, 06:52 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:29:33 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
> wrote:

>In ,
>Tom Crispin > tweaked the
>Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>>
>> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>
>I've read elsewhere that the bikes were loaned Halfrauds gas-pipe specials.
>
>I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting each
>and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.

Even though those "fat bottomed girls" in the photo are probably
grandmothers now, I expect there are a fair few people who'd bid a
premium for their sat on saddles on Ebay.

Alex Potter
February 23rd 09, 07:30 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:29:33 +0000, Dave Larrington wrote:

> I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting
> each and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.

Preverts :)

--
Regards
Alex

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/

judith smith
February 23rd 09, 08:03 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:52:47 +0000, Tom Crispin
> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:29:33 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
> wrote:
>
>>In ,
>>Tom Crispin > tweaked the
>>Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>>> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>>> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>>>
>>> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>>
>>I've read elsewhere that the bikes were loaned Halfrauds gas-pipe specials.
>>
>>I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting each
>>and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.
>
>Even though those "fat bottomed girls" in the photo are probably
>grandmothers now, I expect there are a fair few people who'd bid a
>premium for their sat on saddles on Ebay.

Look out Round - someone else has twigged you ;-)

--
Is the Bicycle Helmet Research Foundation biased?
What do you think?
Published evidence supportive of helmet effectiveness or promotion - number of references 19.
Published evidence sceptical of helmet effectiveness or promotion - number of references 57.

Andrew Templeman
February 23rd 09, 08:57 PM
Dave Larrington > wrote:

> In ,
> Tom Crispin > tweaked the
> Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> > Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> > race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
> >
> > http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>
> I've read elsewhere that the bikes were loaned Halfrauds gas-pipe specials.
>
> I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting each
> and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.

I have a vague recollection that Hugh Porter was somehow involved in
this - or was it Duffield? This was during a lull in a race commentary.

Anyway he was working for Halfords and took the bikes from the
shop/warehouse and had to go round adjusting each bike for the ladies.
It took place at Crystal Palace track and the bikes went back to the
shop by Monday morning.

--
Andy Templeman <http://www.templeman.org.uk/>

Tim Hall
February 23rd 09, 11:36 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:52:47 +0000, Tom Crispin
> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:29:33 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
> wrote:
>
>>In ,
>>Tom Crispin > tweaked the
>>Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>>> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>>> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>>>
>>> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>>
>>I've read elsewhere that the bikes were loaned Halfrauds gas-pipe specials.
>>
>>I've also read elsewhere that Halfrauds' The Mgt insisted on fitting each
>>and every bike with a new saddle after the shoot.
>
>Even though those "fat bottomed girls" in the photo are probably
>grandmothers now, I expect there are a fair few people who'd bid a
>premium for their sat on saddles on Ebay.
^^^^^^^

IRTA "perineum" and it nearly made sense.
--
Tim

Jolly Polly
February 25th 09, 11:37 AM
Tom Crispin wrote:
> Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
> race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>
> http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg

a warm day - and all lefties

judith smith
March 26th 09, 12:42 PM
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:26:24 -0600 (MDT), Judith Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:37:29 -0800, Man With Chip
> wrote:
>
>> > Nothing particularly unusual in this photo of the start of a bicycle
>> > race, but loads of *really* nice bicycles.
>> >
>> > http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
>>
>> Is J*d*th in that picture somewhere?
>
>No, I was one of the Fat Bottomed Girls.

And of course another forgery - the header gives the game away.

What sort of sad ******* could go to all that trouble to post a
message which appears to come from me - but will not be seen by people
as I am in their kill-files.

The phrase what a ****wit springs to mind.

The usual suspect is Chapman of course - having shown him up with his
incorrect system time and time/zones which took about a week for him
to find I suppose he thinks it is revenge.

You've failed yet again.
--

In the UK in 2007
There were 30,959 pedestrians injured in traffice accidents

I wonder what the relative numbers of pedestrians and cyclists
in the UK is?

It looks like cycling is much more dangerous than being a pedestrian.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home