PDA

View Full Version : ?Classic confizion?

cycledogg
March 6th 09, 01:37 PM
Will LPR race any 2009 classics? It seems the lack of Bio Passports
denies them from entering any of them. I think it's a scam against Di
Luca.
Rick in Tennessee

Tom Kunich
March 6th 09, 03:44 PM
"cycledogg" > wrote in message
> Will LPR race any 2009 classics? It seems the lack of Bio Passports
> denies them from entering any of them. I think it's a scam against Di
> Luca.

Of course you can always trust everything Tom Boonen says. Oh, except that
LPR IS does belong to the Biological Passport program.

Amit Ghosh
March 6th 09, 04:04 PM
On Mar 6, 11:44*am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "cycledogg" > wrote in message

> > Will LPR race any 2009 classics? It seems the lack of Bio Passports
> > denies them from entering any of them. I think it's a scam against Di
> > Luca.
>
> Of course you can always trust everything Tom Boonen says. Oh, except that
> LPR IS does belong to the Biological Passport program.

dumbass,

the passport program is just a another way for the UCI to extort the
protour teams.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/mar09/mar06news3

"The teams' contribution to the biological passport program is 120,000
Euro. "

the passport program has never caught a doper and never will, because.
there still isn't a consensus about what to do with the 208 data.

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?MenuId=&id=NTQzOA&LangId=1

it's not even clear from the above link what will distinguish a
biological passport violation from simply a positive OOC or in-
competition test.

Tom Kunich
March 6th 09, 06:44 PM
"Amit Ghosh" > wrote in message

> the passport program has never caught a doper and never will, because.
> there still isn't a consensus about what to do with the 208 data.

Amit, they have already disqualified several riders from data gotten from
that program.

Amit Ghosh
March 6th 09, 07:16 PM
On Mar 6, 2:44*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Amit Ghosh" > wrote in message

> Amit, they have already disqualified several riders from data gotten from
> that program.

dumbass,

so far no rider has been suspended because of the biological
passport.

the only way to get suspended by a biological passport violation is to
not pay the fee.

Tom Kunich
March 6th 09, 07:31 PM
"Amit Ghosh" > wrote in message
> On Mar 6, 2:44 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > "Amit Ghosh" > wrote in message
> >
> > Amit, they have already disqualified several riders from data gotten
> > from
> > that program.
>
> so far no rider has been suspended because of the biological
> passport.

My mistake - they're preparing the cases. According to Cyclingnews:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/mar09/mar01news

"David Howman, the World Anti-Doping Agency's director general, is busy
preparing a manual for athlete passports to standardize the process, and
said the UCI has followed all of the rules.
"Everyone is scared of that first case because they don't want it to bomb on
them," Howman said. "We are very anxious to ensure that this is a successful
project because the sooner we have a successful case, the better it will be
for future cases. This will be a significant step forward in protecting
clean athletes.""

Supposedly there are some 10 riders they're preparing cases on.

Would you prefer them to move too fast and blow it?

Fred Fredburger
March 7th 09, 10:47 PM
Amit Ghosh wrote:

> "The teams' contribution to the biological passport program is 120,000
> Euro. "
>
> the passport program has never caught a doper and never will, because.
> there still isn't a consensus about what to do with the 208 data.
>
> http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?MenuId=&id=NTQzOA&LangId=1
>
> it's not even clear from the above link what will distinguish a
> biological passport violation from simply a positive OOC or in-
> competition test.

Dumbass,

The fact that there are no rules does not preclude much.

Howard Kveck
March 8th 09, 12:09 AM
In article >,
Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> Amit Ghosh wrote:
>
> > "The teams' contribution to the biological passport program is 120,000
> > Euro. "
> >
> > the passport program has never caught a doper and never will, because.
> > there still isn't a consensus about what to do with the 208 data.
> >
> > http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?MenuId=&id=NTQzOA&LangId=1
> >
> > it's not even clear from the above link what will distinguish a
> > biological passport violation from simply a positive OOC or in-
> > competition test.
>
> Dumbass,
>
> The fact that there are no rules does not preclude much.

"Whoo... That's some catch, that Catch-22."

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe