PDA

View Full Version : JEJames cycles... delivery?

Tim Dunne
March 12th 09, 01:31 PM
What do the panel think about JE James?

Ordered some stuff yesterday on free delivery, just wondered when to
expect it? There doesn't seem to be any order tracking on the site at
all, but the price was very keen...

Cheers

Tim
--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org

Daniel Barlow
March 12th 09, 02:03 PM
Tim Dunne > writes:

> What do the panel think about JE James?

I got the frameset for my road bike there (discounted, as previous
year's model). Took a little while to arrive because they split the
two items in the order (the other was a pair of brakes), posted them
separately, and gave me the tracking number for the other, so I didn't
know the first one was waiting for me. That said, they sorted it out
when I called, so can't really argue. Would use again.

-dan

MeerKat
March 12th 09, 04:07 PM
I'd not use them again
Ordered a set of cleats from there website on a Monday 16th Feb & got
confirmation right away that my order was successfull.
emailed them on the 21st Feb asking when my item would arrive.
received an email back sytating that it would take between 5-7 days.
Phoned them after 10 days & 2 days of not being able to get through on the
phone.
They then told me that the item was not in stock & it was a stock issue on
their site. No apologies.

MeerKat

TerryJ
March 12th 09, 06:09 PM
> They then told me that the item was not in stock & it was a stock issue on
> their site. No apologies.
>
> MeerKat

I never used the web service because I go to the shop a t chesterfield
which is very good

Mike
March 12th 09, 06:27 PM
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:31:01 GMT, Tim Dunne
> wrote:

>What do the panel think about JE James?
>
>Ordered some stuff yesterday on free delivery, just wondered when to
>expect it? There doesn't seem to be any order tracking on the site at
>all, but the price was very keen...

A week or so back, small stuff that fitted in a jiffy bag, ordered
Wednesday, received Friday.

--

TonyB[_2_]
March 13th 09, 11:22 AM
On 12 Mar, 13:31, Tim Dunne > wrote:
> What do the panel think about JE James?
>
> Ordered some stuff yesterday on free delivery, just wondered when to
> expect it? There doesn't seem to be any order tracking on the site at
> all, but the price was very keen...
>
> Cheers
>
> Tim
> --
> My hearts numbered beat * * * * * *| * * * Greetings from Birmingham, UK
> Still echoes in this empty room * *|All about me:www.nervouscyclist.org
> Fear wells in me, but nothing seems| * * *Is your ISP pimping your data?
> Enough to defend * * *Dave Matthews| * * * * * * * * *www.badphorm.co.uk

I have used them a couple of times and its usually next day if in stock

Tim Dunne
March 14th 09, 12:57 AM
Tim Dunne wrote:
> What do the panel think about JE James?

Well, it's now Saturday and they still haven't taken payment, so I geuss
I could be waiting some time.

/rant

Why do some companies bother with a web presence, then completely fail
to provide any order progress monitoring

/rant off

Ho hum.

Tim

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Fear wells in me, but nothing seems| Is your ISP pimping your data?
Enough to defend Dave Matthews| www.badphorm.co.uk

Jim Ley
March 14th 09, 08:57 AM
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:57:06 GMT, Tim Dunne
> wrote:

>Tim Dunne wrote:
>> What do the panel think about JE James?
>
>Well, it's now Saturday and they still haven't taken payment, so I geuss
>I could be waiting some time.
>
>Why do some companies bother with a web presence, then completely fail
>to provide any order progress monitoring

You said it yourself in the original post, the price was very keen, so
they could've invested more in the software and order-processing side
to provide that order tracking, but their price would've been higher,
and you may well have gone somwhere else

I've never had trouble with jejames, but I would definately don't
expect stuff to come quickly.

Jim.

Tim Dunne
March 14th 09, 12:55 PM
Jim Ley wrote:

> You said it yourself in the original post, the price was very keen, so
> they could've invested more in the software and order-processing side
> to provide that order tracking, but their price would've been higher,
> and you may well have gone somwhere else

Sorry, amn email costs very little and would have ensured my future
business. Not knowing now means I'll probably go elsewhere.

> I've never had trouble with jejames, but I would definately don't
> expect stuff to come quickly.

I wasn't expecting 'quick' but being informed would be helpful.

Tim

--
My hearts numbered beat | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
Still echoes in this empty room |All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org
Fear wells in me, but nothing seems| Is your ISP pimping your data?
Enough to defend Dave Matthews| www.badphorm.co.uk

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home