PDA

View Full Version : Be consistent.

Simon Mason
March 19th 09, 06:25 PM
Are the usual suspects going to start posing in rec.skiing due to recent
events?

:-(

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jEuK40nVq8LqaKazBULLdRLx5edAD97189G84

Ski helmet law mulled after Richardson death
By ROB GILLIES - 38 minutes ago

TORONTO (AP) - Quebec is considering making helmets mandatory on ski slopes
following the death of actress Natasha Richardson and after doctors tried to
persuade the province's sports minister to do it.

A spokesman for the sports minister says Thursday that Richardson's death at
a Quebec resort has added impetus to the province's plans.

Jean-Pascal Bernier says the minister met with emergency room doctors this
week and will meet with Quebec ski resort owners and operators in the coming
weeks.

Richardson fell Monday while taking a beginners ski course and died
Wednesday in a New York hospital. A statement from the family did not give
details of the precise cause of death.

Emergency room doctors in the province first called for mandatory use of
helmets three weeks ago.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Mark McNeill
March 19th 09, 06:43 PM
Response to Simon Mason:

> Are the usual suspects going to start posing in rec.skiing
^^^^^^

Presumed TOBAGO!

--
Mark, UK.

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
March 20th 09, 06:30 PM
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:05 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> said in
>:

[snipppage]

"The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) of the United States
estimated 43 percent of skiers and snowboarders wore helmets in the
2007-08 season, against 25 percent five years earlier."
*
<snip>
*
*"the NSAA said in a statement. "More than half of the people
involved in fatal accidents last season were wearing helmets.""

Hmmmm. So either the most careless ones are the ones buying
helmets, or the helmets are making things worse.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Contents packed by intellectual weight and may settle
after posting. May contain traces of irony.

Simon Mason
March 20th 09, 06:56 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:05 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> > said in
> >:
>
> [snipppage]
>
> "The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) of the United States
> estimated 43 percent of skiers and snowboarders wore helmets in the
> 2007-08 season, against 25 percent five years earlier."
>
> <snip>
>
> "the NSAA said in a statement. "More than half of the people
> involved in fatal accidents last season were wearing helmets.""
>

> Hmmmm. So either the most careless ones are the ones buying
> helmets, or the helmets are making things worse.
>
> Guy
> --

One of the UK's top skiers was on the radio the other day explaining why he
never wears a helmet. He said the biggest risk is other skiers colliding
with him and he can't hear them with a hat on.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

judith smith
March 20th 09, 08:07 PM
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:30:00 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:05 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> said in
>:
>
>[snipppage]
>
>"The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) of the United States
>estimated 43 percent of skiers and snowboarders wore helmets in the
>2007-08 season, against 25 percent five years earlier."
>*
><snip>
>*
>*"the NSAA said in a statement. "More than half of the people
>involved in fatal accidents last season were wearing helmets.""
>

>Hmmmm. So either the most careless ones are the ones buying
>helmets, or the helmets are making things worse.
>
>Guy

No - I'd go with option three - Chapman is a ****wit and cannot
understand figures and statistics.

--

The Bicycle Helmet Research Foundation (BHRF) is an independent body with the message:
Helmets are not beneficial to cyclists - unless the evidence forces them to a dramatically different conclusion.

Nuxx Bar
March 20th 09, 10:44 PM
On Mar 20, 8:07*pm, Judith Smith > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:30:00 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
>

> > wrote:
> >On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:05 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> > said in
> >:
>
> >[snipppage]
>
> >"The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) of the United States
> >estimated 43 percent of skiers and snowboarders wore helmets in the
> >2007-08 season, against 25 percent five years earlier."
> >*
> ><snip>
> >*
> >*"the NSAA said in a statement. "More than half of the people
> >involved in fatal accidents last season were wearing helmets.""
>
> >Hmmmm. *So either the most careless ones are the ones buying
> >helmets, or the helmets are making things worse.
>
> >Guy
>
> No - I'd go with option three - Chapman is a ****wit and cannot
> understand figures and statistics.

Or rather, pretends not to whenever they don't suit his twisted
agendas. And if lives are at stake, then so be it: his twisted
agendas are the priority.

Nuxx Bar
March 20th 09, 10:45 PM
On Mar 19, 6:25*pm, "Simon Mason" >
wrote:
> Are the usual suspects going to start posing in rec.skiing due to recent
> events?

Simon, who are you talking about?

Peter Keller
March 21st 09, 03:22 AM
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:44:48 -0700, Nuxx Bar wrote:

> On Mar 20, 8:07Â*pm, Judith Smith > wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:30:00 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
>>

>> > wrote:
>> >On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:05 -0000, "Simon Mason"
>> > said in
>> >:
>>
>> >[snipppage]
>>
>> >"The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) of the United States
>> >estimated 43 percent of skiers and snowboarders wore helmets in the
>> >2007-08 season, against 25 percent five years earlier."
>> >Â*
>> ><snip>
>> >Â*
>> >Â*"the NSAA said in a statement. "More than half of the people
>> >involved in fatal accidents last season were wearing helmets.""
>>
>> >Hmmmm. Â*So either the most careless ones are the ones buying helmets,
>> >or the helmets are making things worse.
>>
>> >Guy
>>
>> No - I'd go with option three - Chapman is a ****wit and cannot
>> understand figures and statistics.
>
> Or rather, pretends not to whenever they don't suit his twisted agendas.
> And if lives are at stake, then so be it: his twisted agendas are the
> priority.

I would consider it a compliment if my reasoned statements, judgments
and arguments were met by personal insults.
They show that the insulter has no reasoned considered counter to the
arguments put forth.
After all the truth, reasonableness and force of someone's arguments
have nothing to do with his or her personal characteristics.

Peter

The Kiwi is very aptly New Zealand's national emblem.
It is a bird which cannot fly.
It only comes out at night.
It has nostrils at the end of its beak,
and it is always poking its nose into things.

Simon Mason
March 21st 09, 08:18 AM
"Nuxx Bar" > wrote in message
On Mar 19, 6:25 pm, "Simon Mason" >
wrote:
> Are the usual suspects going to start posing in rec.skiing due to recent
> events?

>Simon, who are you talking about?

I've absolutely no idea whatsoever!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
March 21st 09, 10:02 AM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 03:22:08 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
> said in >:

>I would consider it a compliment if my reasoned statements, judgments
>and arguments were met by personal insults.

And when the insults come from judith and nuxxy, the two most
deranged, deluded and obsessive trolls this group has ever seen, it
is pretty much an endorsement of every word written :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Contents packed by intellectual weight and may settle
after posting. May contain traces of irony.

_[_9_]
March 21st 09, 11:28 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 03:22:08 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
> > said in >:
>
>> I would consider it a compliment if my reasoned statements, judgments
>> and arguments were met by personal insults.
>
> And when the insults come from judith and nuxxy, the two most
> deranged, deluded and obsessive trolls this group has ever seen, it
> is pretty much an endorsement of every word written :-)

Any comment on when the URC psycholists slag off judith and nuxxy? Or
doesn't that equation work the other way round?
There's none so blind...

judith smith
March 21st 09, 11:32 AM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:02:03 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 03:22:08 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
> said in >:
>
>>I would consider it a compliment if my reasoned statements, judgments
>>and arguments were met by personal insults.
>
>And when the insults come from judith and nuxxy, the two most
>deranged, deluded and obsessive trolls this group has ever seen, it
>is pretty much an endorsement of every word written :-)
>
>Guy

Go for it Guy - keep things on the boil.

Have you checked the time on your computer today. I find listening to
the BBC time signal is quite a good way to check if the time is right
or not.

When you said that other people consider you a "thought-leader" on IT
matters - was it anything specific - or just IT in general?

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

judith smith
March 21st 09, 11:34 AM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:18:37 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> wrote:

>"Nuxx Bar" > wrote in message
>On Mar 19, 6:25 pm, "Simon Mason" >
>wrote:
>> Are the usual suspects going to start posing in rec.skiing due to recent
>> events?
>
>>Simon, who are you talking about?
>

>I've absolutely no idea whatsoever!

Most odd - why did you say it?

--

There can be no doubt that a failure to wear a helmet may expose the cyclist to the risk of greater injury.

The wearing of helmets may afford protection in some circumstances and it must therefore follow that a cyclist of ordinary prudence should wear one.

Mr Justice Griffith Williams

Simon Mason
March 21st 09, 12:11 PM
"Judith Smith" > wrote in message

> Have you checked the time on your computer today. I find listening to
> the BBC time signal is quite a good way to check if the time is right
> or not.

I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.

http://www.citizen-watch.co.uk/pimages/jy0005-50e.jpg

http://www.junghanswatches.co.uk/026480100.jpg

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Mark McNeill
March 21st 09, 12:21 PM
Response to Simon Mason:

> I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.
>
> http://www.citizen-watch.co.uk/pimages/jy0005-50e.jpg
>

> http://www.junghanswatches.co.uk/026480100.jpg

What? They're both more than two hours slow!

Still, even a stopped clock is right twice a day; they're evidently
worthy of more attention than the average troll.

--
Mark, UK.

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
March 21st 09, 12:51 PM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:11:47 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> said in
>:

>> Have you checked the time on your computer today. I find listening to
>> the BBC time signal is quite a good way to check if the time is right
>> or not.

>I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.

The troll is unable to understand the difference between the clock
being right and the timezone being right. Yet another example of
its delight in displaying its ignorance - I wonder why it keeps
doing that?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Contents packed by intellectual weight and may settle
after posting. May contain traces of irony.

judith smith
March 21st 09, 12:52 PM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:21:06 +0000, Mark McNeill
> wrote:

>Response to Simon Mason:
>
>> I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.
>>
>> http://www.citizen-watch.co.uk/pimages/jy0005-50e.jpg
>>

>> http://www.junghanswatches.co.uk/026480100.jpg
>
>What? They're both more than two hours slow!
>

>Still, even a stopped clock is right twice a day; they're evidently
>worthy of more attention than the average troll.

Have you had the e-mail asking (or is it telling) you not to respond
to some people yet?

--

There can be no doubt that a failure to wear a helmet may expose the cyclist to the risk of greater injury.

The wearing of helmets may afford protection in some circumstances and it must therefore follow that a cyclist of ordinary prudence should wear one.

Mr Justice Griffith Williams

_[_9_]
March 21st 09, 01:25 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Yet another example of
> its delight in displaying its ignorance - I wonder why it keeps
> doing that?

I dont know, Guy. Why *do* you?

March 21st 09, 03:52 PM
On 21 Mar, 12:21, Mark McNeill > wrote:
> Response to Simon Mason:
>
> > I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.
>
> >http://www.citizen-watch.co.uk/pimages/jy0005-50e.jpg
>
> >http://www.junghanswatches.co.uk/026480100.jpg
>
> What? *They're both more than two hours slow!
>
> Still, even a stopped clock is right twice a day; they're evidently
> worthy of more attention than the average troll.
>
> --
> Mark, UK.

Here are my own -side by side.
Who needs the BBC?

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsky.jpg

--
Simon Mason

judith smith
March 21st 09, 04:09 PM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:51:37 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:11:47 -0000, "Simon Mason"
> said in
>:
>
>>> Have you checked the time on your computer today. I find listening to
>>> the BBC time signal is quite a good way to check if the time is right
>>> or not.
>
>>I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.
>
>The troll is unable to understand the difference between the clock
>being right and the timezone being right. Yet another example of
>its delight in displaying its ignorance - I wonder why it keeps
>doing that?
>
>Guy

Oh I am sorry - are you saying that the time on the machine was
correct?

So you had your machine set to BST - but the time was correct - even
though we are not in BST?

Is that what being a thought-leader enables you to do?

You wouldn't be lying yet again would you?

I could see you were squirming.

So we are back to you saying the link was available at midnight -
when you wiki log shows that it wasn't.

I thought it was surprising that you had found a feasible solution.

You have said that you are God-squad - are you a left-footer?

Do you think it is OK to tell lies on here day after day - and then
fes up on a Sunday and it's all OK?

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy
Chapman)
I would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage
my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I pointed out the web page
He then quickly changed the web page - but "forgot" to change the date
of last amendment so it looked like the change had been there for
years.

Pete
March 22nd 09, 01:42 AM
wrote:
> On 21 Mar, 12:21, Mark McNeill > wrote:
>> Response to Simon Mason:
>>
>>> I have these which show the time correct to a fraction of a second.
>>> http://www.citizen-watch.co.uk/pimages/jy0005-50e.jpg
>>> http://www.junghanswatches.co.uk/026480100.jpg
>> What? They're both more than two hours slow!
>>
>> Still, even a stopped clock is right twice a day; they're evidently
>> worthy of more attention than the average troll.
>>
>> --
>> Mark, UK.
>
> Here are my own -side by side.
> Who needs the BBC?
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsky.jpg

I'm sure it's a good watch but jeez, that Citizen sure is ugly!

Pete

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home