PDA

View Full Version : Question about Riding Shorts, etc. :-)

Mark
April 13th 04, 02:52 AM
I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
padded Lycra type)

It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)

My jewels are going everywhere!

Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
that the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear other's takes about this.
Thanks, Mark

G.T.
April 13th 04, 02:59 AM
Mark wrote:
> I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
> padded Lycra type)
>
> It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
> thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
> getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)
>
> My jewels are going everywhere!
>
> Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
> and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
> that the answer is yes,

The answer is no. There's something wrong with your shorts. Troll.

Greg

Dave Thompson
April 13th 04, 03:28 AM
"Mark" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
> padded Lycra type)
>
> It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
> thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
> getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)
>
> My jewels are going everywhere!
>
> Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
> and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
> that the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear other's takes about this.
> Thanks, Mark

Shorts that are the proper size will hold everything still, while it's
'arranged' pointing up! If everything is in free float, either your shorts
are too small or too large, most likely small.

Xtc
April 13th 04, 05:33 AM
"Mark" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
> padded Lycra type)
>
> It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
> thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
> getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)
>
> My jewels are going everywhere!
>
> Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
> and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
> that the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear other's takes about this.
> Thanks, Mark
Umm, bigger jewels tend to remain still and nothing is needed under bike
shorts. So this only applies to guys with smaller jewels. Kinda like loose
change. Need a small pouch to put then in. Put your jewels in a toddlers
sock and place duct tape starting at your ass and run it up to your belly
button. That should do the trick. Should you find that to hard to do by
yourself then get an kid size athletic cup and remove the plastic insert and
use that for holding the jewels in place. Had a fellow from Japan with the
same problem and said that's what worked for him.

Mark
April 13th 04, 03:37 PM
Thanks for a decent reply to my question Dave. To the others, no, this
was not a troll, and no, I am not "small".

I know it was kind of "bit funny" question to pose here, and I
should've known I'd get some "funny" replies in return.

The simple answer was to try it, and find out for myself. Yes, my
shorts are a bit too loose a fit. This is probably the problem then.
The roads aren't exactly the best here either, and with the
combination of the two, the Cajones are taking a beating at times. lol
I thought maybe that the "pros' perhaps wore them?

I'll try to remember in the future not to make my posts appear
"Trollish", Sorry, and Thanks, Mark

"Dave Thompson" > wrote in message >...
> "Mark" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
> > padded Lycra type)
> >
> > It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
> > thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
> > getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)
> >
> > My jewels are going everywhere!
> >
> > Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
> > and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
> > that the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear other's takes about this.
> > Thanks, Mark
>
> Shorts that are the proper size will hold everything still, while it's
> 'arranged' pointing up! If everything is in free float, either your shorts
> are too small or too large, most likely small.

dvt
April 13th 04, 05:41 PM
Mark wrote:

> Yes, my
> shorts are a bit too loose a fit. This is probably the problem then.

I find that old shorts, in which the elastic no longer has the original
"snap," can have the same effect.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Xtc
April 13th 04, 08:59 PM
"Mark" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a question about when wearing Bike Riding shorts (Yes the
> padded Lycra type)
>
> It's sort of a sensitive question posed at us male riders, but a
> thought came to me while riding recently, was that I felt I wasn't
> getting quite enough support downstairs. (if you know what I mean!)
>
> My jewels are going everywhere!
>
> Do any of you wear, and recommend an Athletic Supporter when biking,
> and wearing these under biking shorts? I kind of have the feeling
> that the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear other's takes about this.
> Thanks, Mark
Sorry mate. It was late and was just having fun at your expense. I did think
you were trolling. To be honest, I used to were briefs with the biking
shorts at 1st. But that was to uncomfortable and went solo. It's true, it's
all in the fit. They do move some times but I have a snug fit with the lycra
/ shorts. On extended rides I use Buttr cream. I always use it and found
that it makes for a comfortable ride. Make sure you was them after every
ride.

Chris Zacho The Wheelman
April 14th 04, 01:04 AM
First of all, please ignore the rude accusations. You are not a troll,
it's an honest newbie question. I have asked it myself, and I'm not even
a newbie.

Genital support, IMO, is badly needed in bike shorts, especially if you
are doing any off roading, as you are standing up more often, and things
tend to fall out of place. Or rather, into the wrong place.

What might work is a regular jock strap, but wear it like a "thong'.
That is, the rear straps up your butt crack. (seriously, you don't want
to be sitting on them!)

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

G.T.
April 14th 04, 04:30 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:
> First of all, please ignore the rude accusations. You are not a troll,
> it's an honest newbie question. I have asked it myself, and I'm not even
> a newbie.
>
> Genital support, IMO, is badly needed in bike shorts,

You need better shorts, I ride only off-road and my shorts hold everything
in place just fine.

Greg

robrac
April 14th 04, 12:37 PM
You saved me from asking the same question at the LBS.

I put about 1500 miles on over the past year, through good weather and
bad, including snow and ice riding, and never had the nerve to ask
that all important question.

Thanks

Rob

On 13 Apr 2004 07:37:43 -0700, (Mark) wrote:

>Thanks for a decent reply to my question Dave. To the others, no, this
>was not a troll, and no, I am not "small".
>
>I know it was kind of "bit funny" question to pose here, and I
>should've known I'd get some "funny" replies in return.
>
>The simple answer was to try it, and find out for myself. Yes, my
>shorts are a bit too loose a fit. This is probably the problem then.
>The roads aren't exactly the best here either, and with the
>combination of the two, the Cajones are taking a beating at times. lol
>I thought maybe that the "pros' perhaps wore them?
>
>I'll try to remember in the future not to make my posts appear
>"Trollish", Sorry, and Thanks, Mark

Chris Zacho The Wheelman
April 14th 04, 11:42 PM
From: (G.T.)

>You need better shorts, I ride only
>off-road and my shorts hold everything in
>place just fine.

>Greg

I use Kucharik, and have tried two different sizes. I also have used
Nashbar's and Performance's better lines, Hind, Giessegi, and whoever
makes the Postal Service shorts. Same problem.

are these bad brands? What's the big deal about incorporating a "pouch"
into men's shorts, anyway? They make special cuts for women's shorts.
They go to the extra trouble of 8+ panels to insure form fit and proper
elasticity in all the right directions. Can accomodations for basic male
anatomy really be that big a deal???

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

G.T.
April 15th 04, 02:49 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:
> From: (G.T.)
>

>>You need better shorts, I ride only
>>off-road and my shorts hold everything in
>>place just fine.
>

>>Greg
>

> I use Kucharik, and have tried two different sizes. I also have used
> Nashbar's and Performance's better lines, Hind, Giessegi, and whoever
> makes the Postal Service shorts. Same problem.
>
> are these bad brands?

Any shorts are bad if they don't fit well.

> What's the big deal about incorporating a "pouch"
> into men's shorts, anyway?

If you think it's an important feature then there's an opening for you to
make the big bucks catering to those who need pouches.

> They make special cuts for women's shorts.
> They go to the extra trouble of 8+ panels to insure form fit and proper
> elasticity in all the right directions. Can accomodations for basic male
> anatomy really be that big a deal???

They already accomodate male anatomy.

Greg

Google