PDA

View Full Version : OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

Ted Bennett
April 23rd 04, 05:47 AM
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR

Tim McNamara
April 25th 04, 03:26 AM
Mark Hickey > writes:

> The Woodward book (the whole book, not select quotes out of context)
> tells the story of a plan that came together over months, and a
> growing acceptance of the fact that the UN was going to refuse to
> back up any action to remove Saddam from power / enforce all the UN
> resolutions.

I've not had the opportunity to read the whole book, but the reactions
to it are interesting. The pro-Bush contingent seems to think that it
shows Bush as a dynamic, decisive leader. The anti-Bush crowd seems
to think it shows him as an out of touch, right wing whacko
disregarding reality at the behest of his god. I guess that means
Woodward's book is "fair and balanced."

Tim McNamara
April 25th 04, 03:26 AM
Mark Hickey > writes:

> The Woodward book (the whole book, not select quotes out of context)
> tells the story of a plan that came together over months, and a
> growing acceptance of the fact that the UN was going to refuse to
> back up any action to remove Saddam from power / enforce all the UN
> resolutions.

I've not had the opportunity to read the whole book, but the reactions
to it are interesting. The pro-Bush contingent seems to think that it
shows Bush as a dynamic, decisive leader. The anti-Bush crowd seems
to think it shows him as an out of touch, right wing whacko
disregarding reality at the behest of his god. I guess that means
Woodward's book is "fair and balanced."

Keith Willoughby
April 25th 04, 01:36 PM
Mark Hickey wrote:

> The "support" for Saddam goes all the way back to Kennedy.

Quite a long time before he came to power, then?

They're parking camels where the taxis used to be

Keith Willoughby
April 25th 04, 01:36 PM
Mark Hickey wrote:

> The "support" for Saddam goes all the way back to Kennedy.

Quite a long time before he came to power, then?

They're parking camels where the taxis used to be

Kyle.B.H
April 25th 04, 05:47 PM
"Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> --
> Ted Bennett
> Portland OR

Nice web site too - a few quotes from the front page.

"There are three constituencies that are at the core of Bush's hopes for
election: The Ultra-Rich, the Stupid, and the Religious Right.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough millionaires to ensure his victory in the
upcoming election, but, fortunately, there are plenty of stupid
couch-potatoes that will march steadilly forth from their television sets to
cast their vote for ol' George.

Unfortunately, one can count on half of the stupid to be distracted by
something shiny en route to the voting booth, and thus will never make it
far enough to actually cast their ballots.

This leaves Bush with one core constituency to count on- the five million or
so religious protestant Bible thumpers than have been testing the limits of
generational inbreeding in the red states. These folks have a blind
adulation for Bush Jr that just boggles the mind."

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
ammunition. Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Kyle

Kyle.B.H
April 25th 04, 05:47 PM
"Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> --
> Ted Bennett
> Portland OR

Nice web site too - a few quotes from the front page.

"There are three constituencies that are at the core of Bush's hopes for
election: The Ultra-Rich, the Stupid, and the Religious Right.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough millionaires to ensure his victory in the
upcoming election, but, fortunately, there are plenty of stupid
couch-potatoes that will march steadilly forth from their television sets to
cast their vote for ol' George.

Unfortunately, one can count on half of the stupid to be distracted by
something shiny en route to the voting booth, and thus will never make it
far enough to actually cast their ballots.

This leaves Bush with one core constituency to count on- the five million or
so religious protestant Bible thumpers than have been testing the limits of
generational inbreeding in the red states. These folks have a blind
adulation for Bush Jr that just boggles the mind."

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
ammunition. Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Kyle

Eagle Jackson
April 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Silly me, I thought this was supposed to be a bicycling tech forum.

Eagle Jackson
April 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Silly me, I thought this was supposed to be a bicycling tech forum.

Jonesy
April 26th 04, 06:51 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01>...
> "Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> >

> Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
> You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
> ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid. Some of the facts and figures presented might have
weight, but that's something different. I don't suppose anyone's got
a refutation for those? Mere ad hominem commentary against the
producers doesn't have much rebuttal weight.
--
Jonesy

Jonesy
April 26th 04, 06:51 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01>...
> "Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> >

> Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
> You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
> ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid. Some of the facts and figures presented might have
weight, but that's something different. I don't suppose anyone's got
a refutation for those? Mere ad hominem commentary against the
producers doesn't have much rebuttal weight.
--
Jonesy

Kyle.B.H
April 26th 04, 08:57 PM
"Jonesy" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> > "Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> > > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> > >

> > Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people
seriously.
> > You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your
intellectual
> > ammunition.
>
> Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
> way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
> terminally stupid.

Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

Kyle.B.H
April 26th 04, 08:57 PM
"Jonesy" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> > "Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> > > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> > >

> > Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people
seriously.
> > You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your
intellectual
> > ammunition.
>
> Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
> way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
> terminally stupid.

Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

JP
April 26th 04, 10:22 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01>...

> Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies. (When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
European country.)

You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more
scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

JP

JP
April 26th 04, 10:22 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01>...

> Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies. (When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
European country.)

You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more
scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

JP

Tim McNamara
April 26th 04, 11:44 PM
Mark Hickey > writes:

> (Tom Paterson) wrote:
>
>>>From: Mark Hickey
>>
>>>It'll be interesting to see what happens after the June 30
>>>handover of power.
>>
>>That's when our people, soldiers and "mercenaries" alike, need to
>>start coming home. The sooner the better.
>
> I agree - but we'll need to be there long enough for a reasonable
> amount of stability to set in.

Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

Tim McNamara
April 26th 04, 11:44 PM
Mark Hickey > writes:

> (Tom Paterson) wrote:
>
>>>From: Mark Hickey
>>
>>>It'll be interesting to see what happens after the June 30
>>>handover of power.
>>
>>That's when our people, soldiers and "mercenaries" alike, need to
>>start coming home. The sooner the better.
>
> I agree - but we'll need to be there long enough for a reasonable
> amount of stability to set in.

Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

Kyle.B.H
April 27th 04, 01:11 AM
"JP" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
>
> > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
>
> Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

>(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
>abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
>European country.)

Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

> You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more

You already said that above.

> scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
> point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
their rationality?

For those keeping score, here's the link www.bushflash.com

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle.B.H
April 27th 04, 01:11 AM
"JP" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
>
> > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
>
> Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

>(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
>abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
>European country.)

Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

> You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more

You already said that above.

> scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
> point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
their rationality?

For those keeping score, here's the link www.bushflash.com

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle.B.H
April 27th 04, 01:34 AM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message

> "JP" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
> >
> > Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> > hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> > much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> > interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> > current GOP policies.
>
> The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy"
are
> not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
> US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
> and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

Actually, its probably Bob Hope or something, so you can leave that one
alone. (although Sinatra did have a version).

Kyle.B.H
April 27th 04, 01:34 AM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message

> "JP" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
> >
> > Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> > hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> > much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> > interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> > current GOP policies.
>
> The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy"
are
> not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
> US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
> and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

Actually, its probably Bob Hope or something, so you can leave that one
alone. (although Sinatra did have a version).

R15757
April 27th 04, 03:44 AM
Tim McNamara wrote:

<< Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

There will be no meaningful transfer of sovereignty on
June 30, although I suppose many who know only what
CNN or Fox tells them will be fooled into believing
otherwise. Elections are supposed to be held next
year. That is the date that everybody is smoking crack
about.

Robert

R15757
April 27th 04, 03:44 AM
Tim McNamara wrote:

<< Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
cleanup has to happen.

There will be no meaningful transfer of sovereignty on
June 30, although I suppose many who know only what
CNN or Fox tells them will be fooled into believing
otherwise. Elections are supposed to be held next
year. That is the date that everybody is smoking crack
about.

Robert

Mark Hickey
April 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Tim McNamara > wrote:

>Mark Hickey > writes:

>>>That's when our people, soldiers and "mercenaries" alike, need to
>>>start coming home. The sooner the better.
>>
>> I agree - but we'll need to be there long enough for a reasonable
>> amount of stability to set in.
>
>Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
>democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
>can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
>that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
>horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
>cleanup has to happen.

Remember that it was actually going pretty well until just recently -
the various minority and radical factions are trying to carve out a
niche in the power system (after all, that's how it's been done for
thousands of years in the region). I too agree that June 30th is
pushing it, but I believe that it doesn't much matter when that date
is - things are going to get rough just before the hand-off, even if
it's five years from now (a thought that sent a cold shiver down my
spine).

I think the surprise is how involved the other anti-democracy and
anti-US groups in the region have become. That's no doubt because
they are afraid that the whole exercize just might work.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey
April 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Tim McNamara > wrote:

>Mark Hickey > writes:

>>>That's when our people, soldiers and "mercenaries" alike, need to
>>>start coming home. The sooner the better.
>>
>> I agree - but we'll need to be there long enough for a reasonable
>> amount of stability to set in.
>
>Which may be years. Hopefully not, hopefully some reasonably stable
>democratic-type government (more likely a parliamentary government)
>can be set up and be functional, although I think June 30th is a date
>that only crack smokers would see as feasible. Even though it was a
>horrible miscalculation on the part of Bushco, it's done and now the
>cleanup has to happen.

Remember that it was actually going pretty well until just recently -
the various minority and radical factions are trying to carve out a
niche in the power system (after all, that's how it's been done for
thousands of years in the region). I too agree that June 30th is
pushing it, but I believe that it doesn't much matter when that date
is - things are going to get rough just before the hand-off, even if
it's five years from now (a thought that sent a cold shiver down my
spine).

I think the surprise is how involved the other anti-democracy and
anti-US groups in the region have become. That's no doubt because
they are afraid that the whole exercize just might work.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

JP
April 27th 04, 03:42 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<syhjc.26792$cF6.1173728@attbi_s04>...
> "JP" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
> >
> > Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> > hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> > much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> > interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> > current GOP policies.
>
> The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
> not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
> US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
> and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

No, I'm saying you're a pot calling a kettle black.

> >(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
> >abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
> >European country.)
>
> Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
> I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
> that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
> traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
> want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

No, they're saying "Let's pass a law that will keep my conservative
base happy without ****ing off my wealthy supporters because they will
not be affected by it to any great extent". And it is *very* relevant
to the discussion of how the GOP uses its religious conservative base
to enable the agenda of its wealthy backers.

Or maybe, "Let's pass a law that will kill both late-term fetuses
*and* their mothers by prohibiting late-term abortions when needed to
preserve a mother's own life."

"Evil superhero"- a descriptive, if oxymoronic way to describe Bush.

> > You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more
>
> You already said that above.

Repeated for effect.

> > scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
> > point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.
>
> Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
> please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
> their rationality?

The rest of the website.

JP

JP
April 27th 04, 03:42 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<syhjc.26792$cF6.1173728@attbi_s04>...
> "JP" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> >
> > > Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
> > > across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.
> >
> > Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
> > hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
> > much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
> > interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
> > current GOP policies.
>
> The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
> not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
> US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
> and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

No, I'm saying you're a pot calling a kettle black.

> >(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
> >abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
> >European country.)
>
> Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
> I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
> that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
> traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
> want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

No, they're saying "Let's pass a law that will keep my conservative
base happy without ****ing off my wealthy supporters because they will
not be affected by it to any great extent". And it is *very* relevant
to the discussion of how the GOP uses its religious conservative base
to enable the agenda of its wealthy backers.

Or maybe, "Let's pass a law that will kill both late-term fetuses
*and* their mothers by prohibiting late-term abortions when needed to
preserve a mother's own life."

"Evil superhero"- a descriptive, if oxymoronic way to describe Bush.

> > You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more
>
> You already said that above.

Repeated for effect.

> > scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
> > point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.
>
> Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
> please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
> their rationality?

The rest of the website.

JP

Jonesy
April 27th 04, 06:48 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<bRdjc.25557$YP5.1992034@attbi_s02>...
> "Jonesy" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> > > >

> > > Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people
> seriously.
> > > You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your
> intellectual
> > > ammunition.
> >
> > Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
> > way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
> > terminally stupid.
>
> Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

Does it summarize facts, or doesn't it? If it doesn't, then what's
the problem with actually bringing a counter-argument?
--
Jonesy

Jonesy
April 27th 04, 06:48 PM
"Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message news:<bRdjc.25557$YP5.1992034@attbi_s02>...
> "Jonesy" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Kyle.B.H" > wrote in message
> > > >

> > > Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people
> seriously.
> > > You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your
> intellectual
> > > ammunition.
> >
> > Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
> > way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
> > terminally stupid.
>
> Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

Does it summarize facts, or doesn't it? If it doesn't, then what's
the problem with actually bringing a counter-argument?
--
Jonesy

Jay Beattie
April 28th 04, 01:23 AM
"Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> --
> Ted Bennett
> Portland OR

Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.

Jay Beattie
April 28th 04, 01:23 AM
"Ted Bennett" > wrote in message
> http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> --
> Ted Bennett
> Portland OR

Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.

Ted Bennett
April 28th 04, 04:44 AM
"Jay Beattie" > wrote:

> "Ted Bennett" > wrote
> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> >
> > --
> > Ted Bennett
> > Portland OR
>
> Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
> I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.

Guilty as charged. I can't resist stirring the pot sometimes and you
have to admit, the result is entertaining. You are reading this, right?

Politics are a source of both frustration and and fascination for me,
and I sense the same in Mark Hickey's thoughts. I'd like to think I'm a
lot less ideological than he is though, but I could be wrong about that.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR

Ted Bennett
April 28th 04, 04:44 AM
"Jay Beattie" > wrote:

> "Ted Bennett" > wrote
> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
> >
> > --
> > Ted Bennett
> > Portland OR
>
> Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
> I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.

Guilty as charged. I can't resist stirring the pot sometimes and you
have to admit, the result is entertaining. You are reading this, right?

Politics are a source of both frustration and and fascination for me,
and I sense the same in Mark Hickey's thoughts. I'd like to think I'm a
lot less ideological than he is though, but I could be wrong about that.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR

Erik Freitag
April 28th 04, 05:36 AM
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:38:56 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:

> Anyway, this is getting too tiresome, even for me. There can't possibly
> be anyone out there bored enough to be reading this stuff.

Aha, wrong again! I'm that bored. But I think there must be a better forum
for this.

Erik Freitag
April 28th 04, 05:36 AM
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:38:56 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:

> Anyway, this is getting too tiresome, even for me. There can't possibly
> be anyone out there bored enough to be reading this stuff.

Aha, wrong again! I'm that bored. But I think there must be a better forum
for this.

Mark Hickey
April 28th 04, 06:12 AM
Erik Freitag > wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:38:56 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:
>
>> Anyway, this is getting too tiresome, even for me. There can't possibly
>> be anyone out there bored enough to be reading this stuff.
>
>Aha, wrong again! I'm that bored. But I think there must be a better forum
>for this.

Oh man, and I thought I didn't have a life... ;-)

But I agree there has to be a better forum. These threads have run
their course. No one's contributed anything new for a while, and it's
getting a bit too smarmy for my tastes.

Maybe we can start a new helmet thread... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey
April 28th 04, 06:12 AM
Erik Freitag > wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:38:56 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:
>
>> Anyway, this is getting too tiresome, even for me. There can't possibly
>> be anyone out there bored enough to be reading this stuff.
>
>Aha, wrong again! I'm that bored. But I think there must be a better forum
>for this.

Oh man, and I thought I didn't have a life... ;-)

But I agree there has to be a better forum. These threads have run
their course. No one's contributed anything new for a while, and it's
getting a bit too smarmy for my tastes.

Maybe we can start a new helmet thread... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey
April 28th 04, 06:17 AM
Ted Bennett > wrote:

>"Jay Beattie" > wrote:
>
>> "Ted Bennett" > wrote
>> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

>> > Ted Bennett
>> > Portland OR
>>
>> Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
>> I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.
>
>Guilty as charged. I can't resist stirring the pot sometimes and you
>have to admit, the result is entertaining. You are reading this, right?
>
>Politics are a source of both frustration and and fascination for me,
>and I sense the same in Mark Hickey's thoughts. I'd like to think I'm a
>lot less ideological than he is though, but I could be wrong about that.

Actually, I thought a lot of that video was pretty interesting (almost
entertaining). It does point out the duality of just about every
relationship we've had in the US about as well as it could be done,
and how there's little that's black and white when dealing with the
middle east.

And FWIW, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the threat we face. I hope
I seriously overestimate the cunning and resolve of Al Qaida and their
ilk. I hope we can all say in 10 years "maybe we overreacted".

God, that would be great.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey
April 28th 04, 06:17 AM
Ted Bennett > wrote:

>"Jay Beattie" > wrote:
>
>> "Ted Bennett" > wrote
>> > http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

>> > Ted Bennett
>> > Portland OR
>>
>> Shame on you, Ted. How could you be such an unmitigated troll!
>> I expect so much more from Portlanders. -- Jay Beattie.
>
>Guilty as charged. I can't resist stirring the pot sometimes and you
>have to admit, the result is entertaining. You are reading this, right?
>
>Politics are a source of both frustration and and fascination for me,
>and I sense the same in Mark Hickey's thoughts. I'd like to think I'm a
>lot less ideological than he is though, but I could be wrong about that.

Actually, I thought a lot of that video was pretty interesting (almost
entertaining). It does point out the duality of just about every
relationship we've had in the US about as well as it could be done,
and how there's little that's black and white when dealing with the
middle east.

And FWIW, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the threat we face. I hope
I seriously overestimate the cunning and resolve of Al Qaida and their
ilk. I hope we can all say in 10 years "maybe we overreacted".

God, that would be great.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

David Damerell
April 29th 04, 05:48 PM
Ted Bennett > wrote:
>http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Bloody hell, will the lot of you stop, already?
--
David Damerell > flcl?

David Damerell
April 29th 04, 05:48 PM
Ted Bennett > wrote:
>http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Bloody hell, will the lot of you stop, already?
--
David Damerell > flcl?

Jonesy
April 29th 04, 10:50 PM
David Damerell > wrote in message >...
> Ted Bennett > wrote:
> >http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> Bloody hell, will the lot of you stop, already?

David:

Either find a way to increase your reading comprehension (thread
title), or carefully peruse the instructions for your newsreader such
that you may be able to discover it's filtering functions.

HTH,

R. F. Jones

Jonesy
April 29th 04, 10:50 PM
David Damerell > wrote in message >...
> Ted Bennett > wrote:
> >http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
>
> Bloody hell, will the lot of you stop, already?

David:

Either find a way to increase your reading comprehension (thread
title), or carefully peruse the instructions for your newsreader such
that you may be able to discover it's filtering functions.

HTH,

R. F. Jones

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home