PDA

View Full Version : Clysdales: More Creaking?

(PeteCresswell)
July 31st 09, 01:21 AM
I'm about 210-215 and have be plagued by creaking on almost every
bike I've owned.

I used to blame it on non-alu frames or, in the case of my FS, a
non-steel BB link. In the past it's most often been in the BB -
a lot of the time stripped threads and/or cracked BB shell.

Now my ancient-and-honorable 198-something Stumpie has started
creaking - big time..... coincident with a few months of being
used as a short-range commuter bike.

Removed, cleaned, re-torqued the cranks.

Removed, greased, re-install pedals.

No change.

I guess the BB is next when I find the tool.

It's something with heavier riders, right?
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell)
July 31st 09, 01:25 AM
Per (PeteCresswell):
>... blame it on non-alu frames ...

Oops. SHB ..." blame it on alu frames ..."
--
PeteCresswell

wizardB
August 3rd 09, 10:43 PM
On 7/30/2009 17:25, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per (PeteCresswell):
>> ... blame it on non-alu frames ...
>
> Oops. SHB ..." blame it on alu frames ..."
Try greasing the seat rails and reinstalling saddle worked for me.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home