PDA

View Full Version : Panaracer tires on sale at Nashbar

Matt O'Toole
April 29th 04, 07:58 PM
I'm wondering about the Panaracer tires on sale at Nashbar for $15 and $10 --
the Stradius Elite (two versions), and Category Elite. Has anyone used these?
Feedback?

Matt O.

Gonzo Bob
April 29th 04, 11:23 PM
I've ridden various Stadius models and the Category Elite. Th
Category Elite runs narrow (23-622 measures only about 21.5mm) an
wears really fast

I currently am riding a foldable Stradius model - I don't remember i
it's Pro or Elite - I think it's Pro. But it's a full 23mm wide and i
wearing much better. I like them a lot

-

Gonzo Bob
April 29th 04, 11:23 PM
I've ridden various Stadius models and the Category Elite. Th
Category Elite runs narrow (23-622 measures only about 21.5mm) an
wears really fast

I currently am riding a foldable Stradius model - I don't remember i
it's Pro or Elite - I think it's Pro. But it's a full 23mm wide and i
wearing much better. I like them a lot

-

WooGoogle
April 29th 04, 11:38 PM
"Matt O'Toole" > wrote in message >...
> I'm wondering about the Panaracer tires on sale at Nashbar for $15 and $10 --
> the Stradius Elite (two versions), and Category Elite. Has anyone used these?
> Feedback?
>
> Matt O.

I've gotten the category elite on EBay last year and they were
amazingly sturdy tires. Much more resistant to small punctures and
cuts from small road debris than the soft Michelins I was using, only
used them as rear tires though.

WooGoogle
April 29th 04, 11:38 PM
"Matt O'Toole" > wrote in message >...
> I'm wondering about the Panaracer tires on sale at Nashbar for $15 and $10 --
> the Stradius Elite (two versions), and Category Elite. Has anyone used these?
> Feedback?
>
> Matt O.

I've gotten the category elite on EBay last year and they were
amazingly sturdy tires. Much more resistant to small punctures and
cuts from small road debris than the soft Michelins I was using, only
used them as rear tires though.

Justin Seiferth
April 30th 04, 05:54 PM
I use Panaracer Pasela (touring) tires and have nothing but praise for
them. In particular I could mount them on the rims with my hands- very
refreshing to not have a flat tube from a mounting wrench about 20% of
the time. The tires themselves seem fine- they hold air and such. The
sidewalls are durable and reliable. I wish they didn't have any tread
on them but that's tough to find.

Justin Seiferth
April 30th 04, 05:54 PM
I use Panaracer Pasela (touring) tires and have nothing but praise for
them. In particular I could mount them on the rims with my hands- very
refreshing to not have a flat tube from a mounting wrench about 20% of
the time. The tires themselves seem fine- they hold air and such. The
sidewalls are durable and reliable. I wish they didn't have any tread
on them but that's tough to find.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home