PDA

View Full Version : Dahon RV-ER II - - help a poor girl

sue sanchez
May 7th 04, 04:40 AM
I bought a used folding bike, a Dahon RV-ER II. I need replacement
tires, which are "16 inch X something". Anyone know the exact tire
size and where on the web such tire can be purchased.

The bike has a 3-speed rear hub with a coaster brake (I feel like I'm
11 again!). How is the cable to the hub adjusted? The Sturmley-Archer
I had as a kid had a hole in the nut that the cable went through. I
don't see anything like that here. Also, there does not seem to be a
lubrication point for the hub. I remmeber my old 3-speed didn't like
it if I neglected to put oil in the little hole in the hub.

Anyone got a manual for this thing?

Thanks inb advance!

sue

Ryan Cousineau
May 7th 04, 06:52 AM
In article >,
(sue sanchez) wrote:

> I bought a used folding bike, a Dahon RV-ER II. I need replacement
> tires, which are "16 inch X something". Anyone know the exact tire
> size and where on the web such tire can be purchased.

Assuming it follows the practice of their current 16"-wheel folders,
it's using a 16x1.5" tire.

The OEM replacement is probably a Kenda Kwest High Pressure 16x1.5":

http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/comfort.cfm?p=03

But similar tires (I'm guessing ISO 305, but Sheldon claims that tire
size starts at 1.75" widths; I assume that is outdated)

> Anyone got a manual for this thing?

Have you tried Dahon?

It will be no match for my 7-speed Factory Kuwahara BMX non-folder!

Obsessed,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Tom Sherman
May 9th 04, 02:44 PM
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> Assuming it follows the practice of their current 16"-wheel folders,
> it's using a 16x1.5" tire.
>
> The OEM replacement is probably a Kenda Kwest High Pressure 16x1.5":
>
> http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/comfort.cfm?p=03
>
> But similar tires (I'm guessing ISO 305, but Sheldon claims that tire
> size starts at 1.75" widths; I assume that is outdated)

Schwalbe makes the Marathon in 40-305 and 47-305 sizes, the Big Apple in
50-305, and the City Jet in 54-305. Kenda makes the Kwest in 16x1.25
(32-305) and 16x1.5 (40-305). The Maxxis Hookworm is available in
16x1.95 (53-305). Primo makes the Comet in the 37-305 size.

There are many other low pressure treaded tires in the ISO 305 size
intended for children's bikes, and some knobby tires are available for
off-road use.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities

Google