PDA

View Full Version : What hub is this? & Rotor adapters?

DaveC
September 12th 09, 06:08 PM
R. hub, Shimano "XT Deore". It has a spline at the non-drive end for disc
rotor attachment. This is not the 24-spline type but the many-more file-pitch
spline.

This rotor attachment isn't "center lock", what is it called? Just "Shimano
type"?

I'm looking for an adapter to ISO 6-bolt rotors. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tosspot[_2_]
September 12th 09, 06:43 PM
DaveC wrote:
> R. hub, Shimano "XT Deore". It has a spline at the non-drive end for disc
> rotor attachment. This is not the 24-spline type but the many-more file-pitch
> spline.
>
> This rotor attachment isn't "center lock", what is it called? Just "Shimano
> type"?
>
> I'm looking for an adapter to ISO 6-bolt rotors. Any suggestions?

I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-17650.htm

And it works fine.

Also used the Problem Solvers one

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BR605Z00-Problem+Solvers+Adapter+-+Ctr+Lock+To+Is.aspx

But didn't like it so much.

DaveC
September 12th 09, 07:09 PM
> I've used
>
> http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-17650.htm
>
> And it works fine.

My hub has the fine splines, but I don't see how a center-lock would attach.
The end of the hub is flush on the end of the splines. I do see threads
internal to the very end of the hub. Is this where the center-lock locking
ring attaches?

thanks.

TT
September 12th 09, 07:30 PM
On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC > wrote:
> > I've used
>
> >http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...
>
> > And it works fine.
>
> My hub has the fine splines, but I don't see how a center-lock would attach.
> The end of the hub is flush on the end of the splines. I do see threads
> internal to the very end of the hub. Is this where the center-lock locking
> ring attaches?
>
> thanks.

Yes, see: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/HB/EV-HB-M776-2703B_v1_m56577569830677325.pdf

TT
September 12th 09, 07:33 PM
On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC > wrote:
> > I've used
>
> >http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...
>
> > And it works fine.
>
> My hub has the fine splines, but I don't see how a center-lock would attach.
> The end of the hub is flush on the end of the splines. I do see threads
> internal to the very end of the hub. Is this where the center-lock locking
> ring attaches?
>
> thanks.

Or this one rather:
http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/SM/EV-DISC_ROTOR-2429D_v1_m56577569830625617.pdf

DaveC
September 13th 09, 03:45 AM
I bought a DT Swiss Center-Lock to ISO 6-bolt adapter and a new Avid G3 160
mm disc. It runs razor straight now.

Thanks for your help.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home