PDA

View Full Version : shorts with wide chamois?

Frank Riley
May 23rd 04, 04:16 AM
Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
shorts?

Steve
May 23rd 04, 05:05 AM
Wide chamois = wide ass??

On 5/22/04 8:16 PM, in article ,
"Frank Riley" > wrote:

> Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
> sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
> short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
> shorts?

Steve
May 23rd 04, 05:05 AM
Wide chamois = wide ass??

On 5/22/04 8:16 PM, in article ,
"Frank Riley" > wrote:

> Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
> sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
> short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
> shorts?

(Pete Cresswell)
May 23rd 04, 03:25 PM
RE/
>Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
>sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
>short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
>shorts?

I ride B-17's and have a broad butt (5" sitbone spacing).

The B-17's are a little narrow - could be 3/4" wider, but the Performance Elite
shorts I've been using are a-ok for me.
--
PeteCresswell

(Pete Cresswell)
May 23rd 04, 03:25 PM
RE/
>Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
>sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
>short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
>shorts?

I ride B-17's and have a broad butt (5" sitbone spacing).

The B-17's are a little narrow - could be 3/4" wider, but the Performance Elite
shorts I've been using are a-ok for me.
--
PeteCresswell

gary jacobson
May 24th 04, 02:24 AM
I use B-17 saddles and find that Assos Campionesimo (sp?) shorts work great.
Trouble it that it is no longer made. I may try some new Assos, or perhaps
Garneau which are excellent and way less expensive. The Garneau has one
piece chamois. I find that I have trouble with most of the terry cloth
chamois I have used.

Gary Jacosbon
Rosendale, NY

"(Pete Cresswell)" > wrote in message
> RE/
> >Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
> >sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
> >short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
> >shorts?
>
> I ride B-17's and have a broad butt (5" sitbone spacing).
>
> The B-17's are a little narrow - could be 3/4" wider, but the Performance
Elite
> shorts I've been using are a-ok for me.
> --
> PeteCresswell

gary jacobson
May 24th 04, 02:24 AM
I use B-17 saddles and find that Assos Campionesimo (sp?) shorts work great.
Trouble it that it is no longer made. I may try some new Assos, or perhaps
Garneau which are excellent and way less expensive. The Garneau has one
piece chamois. I find that I have trouble with most of the terry cloth
chamois I have used.

Gary Jacosbon
Rosendale, NY

"(Pete Cresswell)" > wrote in message
> RE/
> >Are there any brands of cycling shorts with the chamois extra wide in the
> >sit bone area? I have a Brooks B-17, and I sit right on the seam of every
> >short I've tried, which causes bad chafing. Am I stuck trying women's
> >shorts?
>
> I ride B-17's and have a broad butt (5" sitbone spacing).
>
> The B-17's are a little narrow - could be 3/4" wider, but the Performance
Elite
> shorts I've been using are a-ok for me.
> --
> PeteCresswell

MAPaceBike
May 24th 04, 08:09 AM
Blackbottoms. Well made, very wide chamois with very little padding; perfect
for wider Brooks saddles.
Mark Pace
Pace Bicycle Haven
Independence MO

MAPaceBike
May 24th 04, 08:09 AM
Blackbottoms. Well made, very wide chamois with very little padding; perfect
for wider Brooks saddles.
Mark Pace
Pace Bicycle Haven
Independence MO