PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Run Road Tires

jeryruse
December 21st 09, 06:12 AM
hey, i have a mountain bike that i have been using for riding to a from work/school/anywhere and i have recently decided that i wanted to make this bike a little better.

right now i am running the heavily knobbed tires that come standard and i figure that is the first thing to go.

the tires i am running right now are 26x1.95
the rims have a marking that says 26x1.75

i would like to use the thinnest tires i can seeing as i am always on the pavement.

so my question is what size tires does my rim support? and what size would you recommend?

also, what kind of tread should i get?

Crazy Fred
December 25th 09, 12:09 AM
On Dec 21, 1:12*am, jeryruse > wrote:
> hey, i have a mountain bike that i have been using for riding to a from
> work/school/anywhere and i have recently decided that i wanted to make
> this bike a little better.
>
> right now i am running the heavily knobbed tires that come standard and
> i figure that is the first thing to go.
>
> the tires i am running right now are 26x1.95
> the rims have a marking that says 26x1.75
>
> i would like to use the thinnest tires i can seeing as i am always on
> the pavement.
>
> so my question is what size tires does my rim support? and what size
> would you recommend?
>
> also, what kind of tread should i get?
>
> --
> jeryruse

i wouldn't go smaller then 26x1.75 and get a nice rain groove
tire.Also get slime tubes that way you self seal if you get a puncher.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home