PDA

View Full Version : Another Serious Mountain Biking "Accident"

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
January 11th 10, 05:24 PM
Even under "perfect riding conditions", mountain biking is inherently
dangerous!

Mike

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6455238

Lynn Woods carnage... Pray and wish a fellow rider a good recovery.

No pictures, but the images still play in my mind!

My friend drove up from NYC to enjoy a weekend ride in LW. The four of
us, geared up and set out on the jaunt. We marvelled at the perfect
riding conditions and enjoyed the renuinon of friends. But one hour
into our ride, being the front biker, I quickly turned around in
response to gruesome sounding shouts from my friend. I knew
immediately he suffered a bad injury.

He was on the ground; his lower leg was bent and flopping around like
a broken candy cane still in it's bag. Horrific! Basically his leg
snapped like a chicken bone. His bike lay to his side with the front
wheel twisted. And he was writhing, twisting, clenched in pain with
uncontrollable shouts. I ran and checked him for more injury and then
grabbed his hand tightly to comfort him.

We called 911, and paramedics and LFD arrived 30 mins later. They
tried to call the Coast Guard for an airlift basket to get him out of
woods but ended up with 8 men carrying him out in a hammock-like
stretcher. Terrible. He was screaming. It sounded like a war zone.

I was saddened. I think he's going to have a long road to recovery.
Please wish him well or say a prayer. Thanks.

After he was tucked away in the hospital ER and after most of the dust
settled, my friend and I discussed if leg armor would have saved him.
He had just bought 661 knee pads for the ride, and that's all he wore.
We tried to figure out the mechanism of how it happened.

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
January 11th 10, 05:59 PM
"Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message
> Even under "perfect riding conditions", mountain biking is inherently
> dangerous!
>
> Mike

So what?

Get a life.

Edward Dolan
January 11th 10, 07:47 PM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message
>> Even under "perfect riding conditions", mountain biking is inherently
>> dangerous!
>>
>> Mike
>
> So what?
>
> Get a life.

**** you too Jeff.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
January 12th 10, 02:13 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message
>>> Even under "perfect riding conditions", mountain biking is inherently
>>> dangerous!
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> So what?
>>
>> Get a life.
>
> **** you too Jeff.
>
> ****ing Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Buy a clue.

Edward Dolan
January 12th 10, 03:18 AM
"Support Prop 8" > wrote in message
. theremailer.net...
> In article >
> "Edward Dolan" > wrote:

>> > So what?
>> >
>> > Get a life.
>>
>> **** you too Jeff.
>
> Sucked any dicks today, Ed? Maybe you need to.

Hey, you want your dick sucked, then pay your whore to do it. There is
nothing for free you know.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
January 12th 10, 05:58 PM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> "Support Prop 8" > wrote in message
> . theremailer.net...
>> In article >

>>> **** you too Jeff.
>>
>> Sucked any dicks today, Ed? Maybe you need to.
>
> Hey, you want your dick sucked, then pay your whore to do it. There is
> nothing for free you know.

You get an F for Reading Comprehension. He did not ask to have his dick
sucked, he asked if you sucked any dicks. From your reaction, my guess is,
yes. I knew Mike was gay, but I didn't know you were.

Edward Dolan
January 13th 10, 03:17 AM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
[...]
> You get an F for Reading Comprehension. He did not ask to have his dick
> sucked, he asked if you sucked any dicks. From your reaction, my guess is,
> yes. I knew Mike was gay, but I didn't know you were.

It is politically incorrect to have a bias against gays you know. But then I
suspect that maybe you don't know. But hey, suck your own dick why don't
you. Not being able to get someone else to do it for you is a common
experience of slobbering idiots like you.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Google