PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Shimano 7400, 7401, and 7402 Cranks?

David White
June 9th 04, 06:01 PM
Hello and thanks in advance for any info.

I have a set of Shimano 7402, 8-speed cranks with which I am very happy. I have
seen similar looking cranks but with model number 7400 and (I think) 7401. Can
anyone clarily the differences between these models? I am particularly
interested in differences in q-factor.

Thanks,

David
Seattle

Mike Krueger
June 9th 04, 11:14 PM
<< I have a set of Shimano 7402, 8-speed cranks with which I am very happy. I
have
seen similar looking cranks but with model number 7400 and (I think) 7401. Can
anyone clarily the differences between these models? I am particularly
interested in differences in q-factor. >>

I don't know if they made a 7401 crankset. I owned both the 7400 and the 7402.
I believe the crankarms are identical. There may have been a slight difference
in the chainrings as originally equipped, i.e. the 7402 had "SuperGlide" rings.
The 7400 bottom bracket was designated for use with both cranksets.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home