PDA

View Full Version : Who's Jealous???

chirokid
July 10th 03, 01:07 PM
Goodmorning Fellows: I am off work today, so my family and I are on a
little (3 1/2 hour one way) day trip to Unicycle.com

Going to buy my daughter a 20" Black Torker. And a new tire for my
schwinn, and several new cotter pins, and check out alternate seats and
some buy some videos (so I can see how bad I really am).

Plus, they said they would give us a tour of the place, AND LET ME RIDE
A COKER!!!! Hopefully I'll get to ride a Muni too. I am so excited.

Hope everyone else has a great day. --chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

JJuggle
July 10th 03, 01:41 PM
chirokid wrote:
> *Goodmorning Fellows: I am off work today, so my family and I are on
> a little (3 1/2 hour one way) day trip to Unicycle.com
>
> Going to buy my daughter a 20" Black Torker. And a new tire for my
> schwinn, and several new cotter pins, and check out alternate seats
> and some buy some videos (so I can see how bad I really am).
>
> Plus, they said they would give us a tour of the place, AND LET ME
> RIDE A COKER!!!! Hopefully I'll get to ride a Muni too. I am so
> excited.
>
> Hope everyone else has a great day. --chirokid-- *
BITE ME!

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Amid the mastadonic wassail,
I caught the eye of one small fossil.
"Cheer up sad world" he said and winked.
"It's kind of fun to be extinct."
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

UniBrier
July 10th 03, 01:59 PM
I'm not jealous. Envyous maybe but not jealous.

My employer has put off my Atlanta trip at least three times and nothing
is on the horizon.

Oh, the pain!

Have a great trip. Keep the shiny side up.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.

Ha! there is a price to everything. It is a very economical universe. -
Uniwitold
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

XWonka
July 10th 03, 02:00 PM
Yes Yes! And Bite me as well!

--
XWonka - Surley Mofo

'[image: http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/xwonka/britanyad.JPG] '
(http://www.boasas.com)
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

GILD
July 10th 03, 02:00 PM
chirokid wrote:
> *Hope everyone else has a great day. --chirokid-- *

mine started with my recently repaired (it cost me the price of an
imported coker!) flatly refusing to start
it's been a bit tight after the headgasket replacement but this morning
it simply refused and i eventually drained the battery in a my attempts
to get it going
getting the good woman to try n jump-start the car didn't help and
eventually had to get her to give me a lift to work
only 30 minutes late

and the day started off so well...
;)

--
GILD - THNK

http://www.soaw.org/new/docs/SOAWatchInfo.pdf

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

treepotato
July 10th 03, 02:51 PM
where is unicycle.com?

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

JJuggle
July 10th 03, 03:13 PM
treepotato wrote:
> *where is unicycle.com? *
Unicycle.com is located in Marietta, Georgia, USA on a small bit of
'heaven on earth' (http://tinyurl.com/gjf9) here. You have your own
version in the UK, but you'll have to find your own map. :)

In a perfect world, we all get to spend a little bit of time there. I
can't imagine how the Drummonds or Roger Davies tolerates that much
pleasure.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Amid the mastadonic wassail,
I caught the eye of one small fossil.
"Cheer up sad world" he said and winked.
"It's kind of fun to be extinct."
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

rhysling
July 10th 03, 03:45 PM
treepotato wrote:
> *where is unicycle.com? *

There is no S a n c t u a r y....

..uh... sorry, just slipped out...

-C

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain." -- The Bene Gesserit Litany of Fear

"Huh... I Wonder who this -Bene Gesserit- guy is, anyway? Sounds
Yidish...." -Me, steeling the quote from Lewis's signature
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Sofa
July 10th 03, 04:02 PM
Well, this morning, I just unpacked my Pentium4 2.8 Ghz, 512 RAM, 40 gig
HD, dvd/cd-rw combo laptop, AND you have to get cotter pins, so...not
me

:)

Have fun, sounds like a great place to visit!

--
Sofa - Sofa Lofa Doffadeedoo

wow that actually sounded pretty good i could write dictionaries when
i'm older...
- * treepotato*
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

bugman
July 10th 03, 08:09 PM
JJuggle wrote:
> *
>
> In a perfect world, we all get to spend a little bit of time there. I
> can't imagine how the Drummonds or Roger Davies tolerates that much
> pleasure.
>
> Raphael Lasar
> Matawan, NJ *

I must live in a perfect world, because I am there about every two
weeks.

:D Just about went over there yesterday. I had to restrain myself. I
had to get some work done around the house, and I am sure they need to
work every now and then as well. I never seem to get out of that place
in less than an hour, and it always cost a couple hundred. I is almost
as bad as Home Depot.:D

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Sarah Miller
July 10th 03, 10:22 PM
treepotato > wrote:

> where is unicycle.com?

The nearest one to Devon is up north at Stockton on Tees. If the
stockton club host next years British Unicycle Convention you might be
able to presuade the family to let you vist unicycle.com territory too.

I've been very lucky and visted already, its not a very big place but its
full of toys.
sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders

John Drummond
July 10th 03, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the chuckle, Raphael. I had several jobs at IBM during my
22-year career, and though all were rewarding, none of them compare to
working at Unicycle.com. I've often said that being self-employed is
overrated, but when you love what you do, going to work becomes a lot
more fun.

We thoroughly enjoyed Chirokid's visit. What a beautiful family! We
see precious few walk-in customers, maybe one or two a week. So when
someone travels to see us (or our cycles), it's a real treat. That door
is open to all--y'all come!

-John

P.S. We're bringing a prototype 7-1/2 foot monocycle (yes, the one that
allows the rider to sit in the middle of the wheel) to NAUCC. If any of
you mastered it at the 2000 Unicon in China, stop by our booth.

Unicycle.com is located in Marietta, Georgia, USA on a small bit of
'heaven on earth' (http://tinyurl.com/gjf9) here. You have your own
version in the UK, but you'll have to find your own map. :)

In a perfect world, we all get to spend a little bit of time there. I
can't imagine how the Drummonds or Roger Davies tolerates that much
pleasure.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Amid the mastadonic wassail,
I caught the eye of one small fossil.
"Cheer up sad world" he said and winked.
"It's kind of fun to be extinct."

john_childs
July 10th 03, 11:12 PM
bugman wrote:
> *I must live in a perfect world, because I am there about every two
> weeks.
> *

That just means that you have to pay sales tax and a toll for the
highway to get from Atlanta to Marietta. It's not all perfect in your
perfect world. :)

I've been to "the source" once. My brother lives in Atlanta and I get
to visit occasionally.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

JJuggle
July 10th 03, 11:59 PM
john_childs wrote:
> *I've been to "the source" once. My brother lives in Atlanta and I
> get to visit occasionally. *
Hmm, the only person I can think of off hand that I know (of) from
Atlanta is Richard Jewel. Is he actually *from* Atlanta?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Amid the mastadonic wassail,
I caught the eye of one small fossil.
"Cheer up sad world" he said and winked.
"It's kind of fun to be extinct."
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

bugman
July 11th 03, 01:28 AM
JJuggle wrote:
> *Hmm, the only person I can think of off hand that I know (of) from
> Atlanta is Richard Jewel. Is he actually from* Atlanta?
>
> Raphael Lasar
> Matawan, NJ

Actually, I don't know anyone from "Atlanta", everyone is a transplant
from somewhere else. If it wasn't for Eric Rudolf nobody would have
ever heard of Richard Jewel.

As for the "Toll" that is only on 400, Inside the perimeter. I rarely
use that. Maybe once a year. As for the tax, that I do pay, but I
never pay shipping.:D I give UPS way too much already.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

chirokid
July 11th 03, 03:35 AM
John Drummond wrote:
> *We thoroughly enjoyed Chirokid's visit. What a beautiful family!
> -John
> *

Thanks John, we greatly enjoyed our visit too. My 11 year old is busy
riding her new 20" Torker through the Kitchen and Living Room right now.
It really is a great looking Unicycle, and what an awesome deal for the
$$'s spent.

John was a fantastic host. He, his son Sawyer, and Russell (plus
Russell's father) put on a great show for us. They were riding high and
riding low, hopping up through the landscaping, doing flying jumps over
helments on the pavement and tons more. They are great riders.

John also MADE ME ride every unicycle in the place. He didn't have to
twist my arm too hard though. :D Let me see, first I rode the Coker
(Wow, what a big heavy wheel, but that Uni could end up being tons of
fun). Second, I rode a 43" Big Wheel with a solid and skinny tire (can
anyone say FAST). Then I rode a 20" Kris Holm Trials uni (very nice but
I am not used to a 20" wheel, BUT, I could learn). Next was a 5'
giraffe. Then I got to ride a mini-wheel giraffe (that was really odd,
but tons of fun too, I asked them to hum circus music as I rode that
one). Let me see, next was my favorite, the 24" Kris Holm's Muni (to
bad my wife was with us, or I might have come home with that ride, so so
very nice). The KH 24" was an awesome orange color and oh, that big
tire. I could actually jump for the first time ever. I would say I got
at least 2 or 3 feet in the air (OK, it was more like 2 or 3 inches, but
that sure beats 1/2" on my stock 24" Schwinn. :D

By this time I was sweating like Big John Tate so we went in and took a
tour of the warehouse/shop. I have never seen so many unicycles in my
whole life. They really check these unis out to make sure we get the
exact product we order, with all the parts we order with them.

After this little break, John took us out back and let me ride a Tommy
Miller 35" solid wheel uni (I really enjoyed it), then a Mr. Wheelman
(like the old bicycles of old, with the huge front wheel and the tiny
back wheel (that is really some ride too). Then he brought out several
tiny wheel bicycles (between 3" and 5" wheels) for us to all try. My
girls loved riding on these bikes. Last, he brought out some Super
Wonder Wheel (not sure that is the right name, but it was a unicycle
rear and bicycle front). The front wheel was independent to turn any
direction, as was the rear wheel. It was a handful to ride. I would
like to have a few days on this "bike", it would be great fun.

I am sure I missed telling you about several of the unicycles John
allowed me to ride. Again, he is a great host. BTW, while my family
and I were having a ball test riding all the unis, John had Jordan
install my new cotter pins and a new S7 tire on my unicycle. Talk about
great service!

John also has some great pictures and posters all around the walls of
Unicycle.com. We ended up heading home with a great poster of Kris Holm
riding down a huge boulder. Everyone who doesn't have one of these
should order one, today!

Tomorrow is reality day. I am off to work again. But today, it was a
day of which dreams are made. My girls and I will not soon forget John,
Russell, Sawyer, Jordan or Amy at UNICYCLE.COM! You guys are Great!!!
--chirokid--

PS: Keep my name on one of those KH24"er's, but don't let my wife
know... LOL :D :d :D

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

chirokid
July 11th 03, 03:39 AM
bugman wrote:
> *
> :D Just about went over there yesterday. *

Bugman, I sure wish you could have come over today. I would love to
meet you and we could have taken a couple of laps together.

I always enjoy reading your posts. --chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

chirokid
July 11th 03, 03:44 AM
JJuggle wrote:
> *BITE ME!
> *

Rapheal,
XWonka,
Mr. Uni, you guys, in the words of my 11 year old daughter, "You are so
H U R T F U L !!!" :D and I love it. Hope you get to go visit soon.
--chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

bugman
July 11th 03, 04:46 AM
chirokid wrote:
> *
>
> Bugman, I sure wish you could have come over today. I would love to
> meet you and we could have taken a couple of laps together.
>
> I always enjoy reading your posts. --chirokid-- *

Trust me, after reading your post I thought about it. Unfortunately I
only had 2 guys working the store today, so I actually had to work. I
rode that orange KH24 also. I tried to convince them to sell it, since
they were currently out of stock on the black ones, but to no avail. So
I ended up getting it for Fathers Day/Birthday. Funny thing is my wife
keeps asking me what I want for my birthday.(If only we had the devil
smiley.)
I keep telling her I already got too much... I really love that KH24.
If you get one you won't be disappointed. I took the knobby off and
have a Fireball on it currently since I am doing more road than offroad
currently. I think I will keep it on until after the NAUCC, well maybe
I will bring the knobby for a quick change.

Sorry I missed you, I am sure we will get together and ride in the near
future.

Chad

PS Ditto on the Drummonds. Great people. Run a top notch business. I
know there are those that hate that they are the only game around, but
if not for them it wouldn't be nearly as good a game. I consider myself
very fortunate to know them and enjoy every opportunity I get to spend
with them. Can't say enough about the guy's that work for them. Very
enjoyable to be around. I guess it helps when you love what you do.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Rowan
July 12th 03, 08:30 AM
[image: http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/saevil.gif] *no
devil smiley?*

I am just a little bit jealous, but I have 'Unicycle.co.nz'
(http://www.Unicycle.co.nz/) as consolation. I may never get to America,
but Unicycle.com has been brought closer to me thanks to Peter, Tony and
Steve. My Unicycle also consoles me even just looking at it. I had a
small part of Unicycle.com shipped to my doorstep and I am loving it.

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

paco
July 12th 03, 09:09 AM
You know, in a theoretical sense, having only one main company that
sells unicycles is a bad thing. What we're facing here is a monopoly,
or at best, an oligopoly, with a few companies running the show. This
means that they could treat the customers any way they want and charge
whatever they want, and if we want the unicycles, we'll put up with it
all.
But Unicycle.com is a great company. Although I have never met any of
the people in charge in person, you can really tell that they care about
what they do, and they care about other unicyclists. Unicycle.com has
done more for the sport of unicycling than almost any other group I can
think of. If it weren't for them, I'd still be riding my POSchwinn with
a 2" knobby tire or go buy myself another cottered Savage with the
wonderful Savage seats.
Thank you Drummonds. Thank you for not being evil people and exploiting
the masses.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

There's a time to think and a time to unicycle.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

jagur
July 12th 03, 09:19 AM
paco wrote:
> *If it weren't for them, I'd still be riding my POSchwinn with a 2"
> knobby tire or go buy myself another cottered Savage with the
> wonderful Savage seats.*
as great as uni.com is as a resorce like no other,your personal thanx
sould go to Steve Howard.unless there is somthing i dont know here,SH
donated that uni purely out of kindness and without any affiliation.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/bluestripe.gif]

paco
July 12th 03, 03:59 PM
jagur wrote:
> *as great as uni.com is as a resorce like no other,your personal thanx
> sould go to Steve Howard.unless there is somthing i dont know here,SH
> donated that uni purely out of kindness and without any affiliation. *

Good point. I stand corrected. Although I got the rest of the parts
from Unicycle.com, I technically could have gotten all that from a local
bike shop. Thank you Steve Howard for my beautiful 'Frame and hub'
(http://tinyurl.com/gqfk)!

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

There's a time to think and a time to unicycle.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

chirokid
July 12th 03, 05:12 PM
jagur wrote:
> *your personal thanx sould go to Steve Howard, unless... *

This, once again, proves Paco's lack of gratefulness. Another great
reason he should pack that ugly Shock-ness Monster up and send it to me.

I would be grateful, and ugly vehicles fit right in here in East
Tennessee. I'll keep my eye out for that big brown truck. :D
--chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140