PDA

View Full Version : Re: preventing tyre dry rot

willfcc
July 10th 03, 06:20 PM
Keep them in a dark, cool, place. I've known road racers in the past
that kept them under their mattress.

--
willfcc - I always wear my helmet.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun56

Will

willfcc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/664

jagur
July 11th 03, 08:06 AM
thanx Will,do you work for the FCC?

there are about 15 tyres under my mattress now,what a great idea.i cant
wait till the wife finds out,shes gonna think WTF?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/bluestripe.gif]

bbraf
July 11th 03, 08:34 AM
jagur wrote:
> *ive got alot of spare tyres hanging around.
> whats the best way to preserve tyres? is there anything more to it
> other than keeping them out of the sun and other extremes? *

Hi,

apart from dark & cool, you should store your tyres lying . If they hang
down from the ceiling, they might start to deform quite a bit. After
that you might either have a hard time putting them on the rim, or you
won't be able to ride in a straight line.

--
Cheers,
Franz

--
bbraf - Unicycling the Swiss Alpes one day
bbraf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/404

willfcc
July 11th 03, 03:58 PM
jagur wrote:
> *thanx Will,do you work for the FCC?
>
> there are about 15 tyres under my mattress now,what a great idea.i
> cant wait till the wife finds out,shes gonna think WTF? *
Heck, Jagur, you may eventually be able to eliminate the mattress all
together!:)

And, copy that Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from the better half. Negatory on
the FCC, good buddy! That comes from my rating and rank when I was in
the US Navy: *F*ire *C*ontrolman, *C*hief Petty Officer.

--
willfcc - I always wear my helmet.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun56

Will

willfcc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/664

rhysling
July 11th 03, 04:57 PM
jagur wrote:
> *
> whats the best way to preserve tyres? *

If you can't actually get them into the mason jar, try spreading
preserves directly onto the the tread, lick off any excess.

Orange marmalade- ummmmmm, good. :)

-Christopher

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain." -- The Bene Gesserit Litany of Fear

"Huh... I Wonder who this -Bene Gesserit- guy is, anyway? Sounds
Yidish...." -Me, steeling the quote from Lewis's signature
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home