PDA

View Full Version : Bike Basket/Trailer sale/market?

Doug[_3_]
May 18th 10, 05:48 AM
Will these catch on I wonder?

"All the fun of a car boot without the fumes or lairy drivers..
Come to the Full Moon in Stoke's Croft, Sunday 6th June, 12 - 5pm for
a fun local eco market
Come buy, come sell (for a pitch please follow the link) , come enjoy
the freedom from car exhaust fumes and the pretty tinkling trinkets
available from this bijou market experience…. With wares from Queen of
the Wombles, All Creatures Great and Sewn, As the Crow Flies, Tinker
Taylor Textiles, Fabricate, Kooky and Spangled Moose, Time for Tea and
many more local folks. Bric-a-brac, hand made, second hand, come one,
come all...

Despite the name, we don't yet sell bike baskets, but if you've got
some, come and sell 'em. This is a new market for local makers and
sellers who are bike-powered and it'll hopefully be on every month
over the summer so come and join us!

Every First Sunday of the month in the courtyard of the Full Moon Pub,
Stoke’s Croft 12 – 5pm: Next one Sunday June 6th"

More:
http://bristol.indymedia.org/article/692463

--
Car Free Living Project
http://www.carfreelivingproject.org.uk/

Jim A
May 18th 10, 07:59 AM
On 05/18/2010 05:48 AM, Doug wrote:
> Will these catch on I wonder?

Time will tell. I would think Stokes Croft would be as good a location
as any for such an event.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

bugbear
May 18th 10, 09:37 AM
Doug wrote:
> Will these catch on I wonder?
>
> "All the fun of a car boot without the fumes or lairy drivers..
> Come to the Full Moon in Stoke's Croft, Sunday 6th June, 12 - 5pm for
> a fun local eco market
> Come buy, come sell (for a pitch please follow the link) , come enjoy
> the freedom from car exhaust fumes and the pretty tinkling trinkets
> available from this bijou market experience…. With wares from Queen of
> the Wombles, All Creatures Great and Sewn, As the Crow Flies, Tinker
> Taylor Textiles, Fabricate, Kooky and Spangled Moose, Time for Tea and
> many more local folks. Bric-a-brac, hand made, second hand, come one,
> come all...

I wonder how many people will be selling over-priced
incense, and doing tarot readings...

BugBear

Mrcheerful[_2_]
May 18th 10, 10:14 AM
Doug wrote:
> Will these catch on I wonder?
>
> "All the fun of a car boot without the fumes or lairy drivers..
> Come to the Full Moon in Stoke's Croft, Sunday 6th June, 12 - 5pm for
> a fun local eco market
> Come buy, come sell (for a pitch please follow the link) , come enjoy
> the freedom from car exhaust fumes and the pretty tinkling trinkets
> available from this bijou market experience…. With wares from Queen of
> the Wombles, All Creatures Great and Sewn, As the Crow Flies, Tinker
> Taylor Textiles, Fabricate, Kooky and Spangled Moose, Time for Tea and
> many more local folks. Bric-a-brac, hand made, second hand, come one,
> come all...
>
> Despite the name, we don't yet sell bike baskets, but if you've got
> some, come and sell 'em. This is a new market for local makers and
> sellers who are bike-powered and it'll hopefully be on every month
> over the summer so come and join us!
>
> Every First Sunday of the month in the courtyard of the Full Moon Pub,
> Stoke’s Croft 12 – 5pm: Next one Sunday June 6th"

How will that be free from car fumes? it is right beside a bus lane on the
A38 in the middle of Bristol, sounds like a good place to get a dose of lung
cancer .

Mrcheerful[_2_]
May 18th 10, 10:19 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>> Will these catch on I wonder?
>>
>> "All the fun of a car boot without the fumes or lairy drivers..
>> Come to the Full Moon in Stoke's Croft, Sunday 6th June, 12 - 5pm for
>> a fun local eco market
>> Come buy, come sell (for a pitch please follow the link) , come enjoy
>> the freedom from car exhaust fumes and the pretty tinkling trinkets
>> available from this bijou market experience.. With wares from Queen
>> of the Wombles, All Creatures Great and Sewn, As the Crow Flies,
>> Tinker Taylor Textiles, Fabricate, Kooky and Spangled Moose, Time
>> for Tea and many more local folks. Bric-a-brac, hand made, second
>> hand, come one, come all...
>>
>> Despite the name, we don't yet sell bike baskets, but if you've got
>> some, come and sell 'em. This is a new market for local makers and
>> sellers who are bike-powered and it'll hopefully be on every month
>> over the summer so come and join us!
>>
>> Every First Sunday of the month in the courtyard of the Full Moon
>> Pub, Stoke's Croft 12 - 5pm: Next one Sunday June 6th"
>
> How will that be free from car fumes? it is right beside a bus lane
> on the A38 in the middle of Bristol, sounds like a good place to get
> a dose of lung cancer .

and it is at a bus stop and at a road junction, it is not actually a very
eco friendly place at all, will you be going? I'll bet a well placed out of
control Vauxhall Cavalier could save the country a fortune at that event.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home