PDA

View Full Version : Too much Twisting on MUni

Memphis Mud
July 12th 03, 01:32 PM
I've got the Yuni MUni with 170s and KH Saddle. I've noticed lately that
the machine will twist to left and right more than I like. Then I'm
riding along with left shoulder thrust forward.

Other unis dont do this. Probably because of smoother nature of riding
29er or giraffe.

Is seat too low/high? Is KH too narrow at the narrows? Is it me?

Anyone else get this?

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

onewheeldave
July 12th 03, 02:05 PM
It happens to me occasionally that the uni twists to one side and
there's been a few posts from others on it too.

Usually it occurs after a change of tyre or seat height and goes away of
it's own accord by the next day.

I've never ridden 170's but would imagine that they could exagurate a
tendency to twist.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Krashin'Kenny
July 12th 03, 02:18 PM
Are you sure that it is not a tracking problem that you are compensating
for? I had a problem with my Yuni Muni pulling to one side and found
myself constantly twisting to keep it going straight. I found that the
fork legs were not parallel to each other. If this is the problem, it is
pretty easy to check and correct. l
Look here:
http://tinyurl.com/gq9u

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

rhysling
July 12th 03, 09:45 PM
Memphis Mud wrote:
> *I've noticed lately that the machine will twist to left and right
> more than I like.*

It has most likely become magnetized form repeated impacts with the
earth. Strange, brass usually has no effect...

(I'm of the 'it's probably the long cranks' school... they were those
high-Q aluminium jobbers, ya? I highly recommend having Tommy look at
the wheel when he would rather be cycling; even if it's not the wheel,
you'll have accomplished something.)

-Christopher

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain." -- The Bene Gesserit Litany of Fear

"Huh... I Wonder who this -Bene Gesserit- guy is, anyway? Sounds
Yidish...." -Me, steeling the quote from Lewis's signature
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Dylan Wallinger
July 12th 03, 10:01 PM
My Nimbus Frame twists badly when going up hill causing the tire to rub. I
think it's just because of the frame design.

Dylan

Memphis Mud
July 13th 03, 01:22 PM
Krashin'Kenny wrote:
> *Are you sure that it is not a tracking problem that you are
> compensating for? I had a problem with my Yuni Muni pulling to one
> side and found myself constantly twisting to keep it going straight. I
> found that the fork legs were not parallel to each other. If this is
> the problem, it is pretty easy to check and correct. l
> Look here:
> http://tinyurl.com/gq9u *

Thanks Krash, the thread is a good one. Since so many refer to the Yuni
frame (as is mine), I suspect this is it.

Christopher, I'm trying to get Tommy to spend MORE time on one wheel,
not less. For your information: Tour d'Wolf is 6.6 miles. I used the
aforementioned Yuni MUni to jump over the Mississippi River yesterday.
Felt just like Evil Kneavel. I'll ask Grandmaster 2T to post pix on MUC.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

MUNIYETI
July 27th 03, 03:40 AM
M-Mud; was your twisting problem a bent frame or something else? I have
the similar problem of sort of fighting against a tendency to head to
the left and thrusting out my right shoulder. I thought it might be my
frame after reading the thread replies but I got a new KH24 recently and
I find I still do this (especially when I get tired). I suspect it's
lousy technique but, as I am self taught and have no "coach" or even
anyone else to watch and learn from, I don't know what I need to do to
remedy this (or if it is normal riding behaviour)... Suggestions please,
Oh Great Masters of the Single-Wheel?:confused:

--
MUNIYETI
MUNIYETI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4183

Memphis Mud
July 27th 03, 11:22 PM
MUNIYETI wrote:
> *M-Mud; was your twisting problem a bent frame or something
> else?:confused: *

I regret to say I haven't had the time to look into this. We've had a
heck of a storm here in Mtown. Then there's work. Then there's two kids.
Then we just got back from 6flags in St. Louis.

I promise I'll check soon.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home