PDA

View Full Version : Hard but fair, this one won't ride on the pavement again.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
May 19th 10, 09:23 AM
Pavement cyclist, don't do it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/

JNugent[_5_]
May 19th 10, 10:14 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:

> Pavement cyclist, don't do it.

> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/

<boggle>

What on Earth did he *think* they'd come to speak to him about?

Not cycling along the footway, surely?

Paul - xxx[_2_]
May 19th 10, 10:22 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:

> Pavement cyclist, don't do it.

Oh come one, that article is hardly about pavement cyclists, it's about
someone with mental problems mis-reading the situation.

I really can't understand why people try to score political points on
the back of tragedies, (Doug, cyclists, car drivers, whoever) it's
disgusting.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

ash
May 19th 10, 10:26 AM
On 19 May, 10:14, JNugent > wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> > Pavement cyclist, don't do it.
> >http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in...
>
> <boggle>
>
> What on Earth did he *think* they'd come to speak to him about?
>
> Not cycling along the footway, surely?

Doug would probably assert that if there weren't so many cars, then
there wouldn't have been a car park for him to backflip into.

On a serious note, he probably had a pocket full of ganja when they
stopped him which would explain the mental issues and them turning up
mob handed to his home. Either way if he hadn't been on the pavement,
he would have been unlikely to have attracted their attention in the
first place.

bugbear
May 19th 10, 10:42 AM
Paul - xxx wrote:

> I really can't understand why people try to score political points on
> the back of tragedies,

You're not going to enjoy this internet thing much.

Or politics, come to that.

BugBear

David Hansen
May 19th 10, 11:27 AM
On Wed, 19 May 2010 09:23:30 +0100 someone who may be "Mrcheerful"
> wrote this:-

>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/

People on this newsgroup tell us that the police never take action
against cyclists, while stamping down on every "minor" infringement
of the law "which everyone does" by motorists.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

ash
May 19th 10, 12:00 PM
On 19 May, 11:27, David Hansen >
wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 09:23:30 +0100 someone who may be "Mrcheerful"
> > wrote this:-
>
> >http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in...
>
> People on this newsgroup tell us that the police never take action
> against cyclists, while stamping down on every "minor" infringement
> of the law "which everyone does" by motorists.
>
> --
> * David Hansen, Edinburgh
> *I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
> *http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Perhaps he didn't want to accept the fine for cycling on the pavement
David, perhaps he came over as more than a bit unreasonable when
caught cycling on the pavement, Perhaps this is why they went mob
handed to his residence. I very much doubt that they would have
visited his residence mog handed just to had over a FPN ticket.
Unhinged nutters like this are why the police forces have to wear anti
stab vests all the time. At least he never took anyone else with him
in his moment of madness.

Paul - xxx[_2_]
May 19th 10, 01:00 PM
bugbear wrote:

> Paul - xxx wrote:
>
> > I really can't understand why people try to score political points
> > on the back of tragedies,
>
> You're not going to enjoy this internet thing much.

Oh but I do .... hence why I'm still here .. ;)

> Or politics, come to that.

True on that point. That's why I don't officiate at races anymore ...
club politics is even worse than 'here' .. ;)

--

David Hansen wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2010 09:23:30 +0100 someone who may be "Mrcheerful"
> > wrote this:-
>
> > http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-i
> > n-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/
>
> People on this newsgroup tell us that the police never take action
> against cyclists,

When?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Mark Lewis
May 19th 10, 05:20 PM
On 19/05/2010 09:23, Mrcheerful wrote:

> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/

> Mr Gunn said the man was "still moving a bit" as officers wrapped towels around his bleeding head.

Cyclists should always wear a helmet when jumping out of a window to
escape from the police.

--
Mark Lewis, North Somerset

The Medway Handyman[_2_]
May 20th 10, 12:08 AM
David Hansen wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 09:23:30 +0100 someone who may be "Mrcheerful"
> > wrote this:-
>
>> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/18/cyclist-killed-in-30ft-plunge-to-escape-police-in-southsea-115875-22266508/
>
> People on this newsgroup tell us that the police never take action
> against cyclists, while stamping down on every "minor" infringement
> of the law "which everyone does" by motorists.

Leaving your deluded view of the world aside, there can be no denying the
fact that cyclists ignore traffic laws as a matter of course and motorists
don't.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home