PDA

View Full Version : Re: URCM -why not to bother with it. Fascism at its finest.

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
May 23rd 10, 12:40 PM
On May 9, 7:59*pm, thirty-six > wrote:

> I've been biting my tongue so much my chilli sauce is made from
> tomatoes. *There is probably a third of my submissions do not get
> 'approved' for posting.

And yet you are the single most prolific poster to that group,
according to the stats. Which means you are posting an *awful* lot of
material, over twice as much as the next most prolific poster. Have
you not considered a bit of self-criticism here? Maybe in all that
storm of postings you *are* being repetitive (I would not know, I
killfiled you - for being repetitive).

>*This is a long standing issue relating to
> quantifiable PROOF on the relationship of techniques involved in
> wheelbuilding. *Do a search on the URCM indecent activity list when
> you are feeling bored.

Yup, you have a bee in your bonnet and you are absolutely determined
that everybody *must* accept your mathematically unsupportable
assertions and not the finite element analysis carried out by a
competent scientist. That is, I think you'll find, your problem not
anyone else's. If you have a hot button topic (which many of us do)
you have to learn that not everyone wants to hear about it, certainly
not all the time, and accept the criticism that it will inevitably
draw. It is not a conspiracy.
--
Guy

36
May 23rd 10, 02:28 PM
On 23 May, 12:40, "Just zis Guy, you know?" >
wrote:
> On May 9, 7:59*pm, thirty-six > wrote:
>
> > I've been biting my tongue so much my chilli sauce is made from
> > tomatoes. *There is probably a third of my submissions do not get
> > 'approved' for posting.
>
> And yet you are the single most prolific poster to that group,
> according to the stats. Which means you are posting an *awful* lot of
> material, over twice as much as the next most prolific poster. Have
> you not considered a bit of self-criticism here?

I do exercise restraint and review my replies, but when faced with a
direct question I answer it as making comment on the uselessness of
the question means my message is censored and not answering the
question is returned with 'not furthering discussion'.

> Maybe in all that
> storm of postings you *are* being repetitive (I would not know, I
> killfiled you - for being repetitive).

Because the questions are repeated.

> >*This is a long standing issue relating to
> > quantifiable PROOF on the relationship of techniques involved in
> > wheelbuilding. *Do a search on the URCM indecent activity list when
> > you are feeling bored.
>
> Yup, you have a bee in your bonnet and you are absolutely determined
> that everybody *must* accept your mathematically unsupportable
> assertions

Verifiable by measurement in the scientific manner.

> and not the finite element analysis

Immaginary world fails to consider the lateral deformation and the
binding of spokes.

> carried out by a
> competent scientist.

The simplification of the model makes it innacurate and it is not
relevant to shock loading for which the suspension wheel is superb at
coping with (when constructed of proper gauges).

> That is, I think you'll find, your problem not
> anyone else's. If you have a hot button topic (which many of us do)
> you have to learn that not everyone wants to hear about it, certainly
> not all the time, and accept the criticism that it will inevitably
> draw. It is not a conspiracy.

You could maintain that killfile entry.

JMS
May 23rd 10, 02:53 PM
On Sun, 23 May 2010 04:40:40 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On May 9, 7:59*pm, thirty-six > wrote:
>
>> I've been biting my tongue so much my chilli sauce is made from
>> tomatoes. *There is probably a third of my submissions do not get
>> 'approved' for posting.
>
>And yet you are the single most prolific poster to that group,
>according to the stats. Which means you are posting an *awful* lot of
>material, over twice as much as the next most prolific poster. Have
>you not considered a bit of self-criticism here? Maybe in all that
>storm of postings you *are* being repetitive (I would not know, I
>killfiled you - for being repetitive)

I - as ever - find it amazing that there are some people who insist
on telling others that they have "kill-filed" them

Why do they need to tell the person?

Is it perhaps because they haven't - but they *want* the person to
believe that they have.

Chapman and Clinch are of course a dab hands at this - regularly
telling people that they are kill-filed - and then at some time in the
future "forgetting" and replying to their posts

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
May 23rd 10, 09:56 PM
On May 23, 2:28*pm, 36 > wrote:
> I do exercise restraint and review my replies, but when faced with a
> direct question ...

http://xkcd.com/386/ - for certain highly personalised values of
wrong, in your case, since you are "the only man marching in step" on
this one.
--
Guy

36
May 24th 10, 08:58 PM

wrote:

> And yet you are the single most prolific poster to that group,
> according to the stats. Which means you are posting an *awful* lot of
> material, over twice as much as the next most prolific poster. Have
> you not considered a bit of self-criticism here? Maybe in all that
> storm of postings you *are* being repetitive (I would not know, I
> killfiled you - for being repetitive).

Odd that you make a response to a message of mine within 24hrs of name-
calling ofwhich I've avoided for some months. Imaginary kill files
dont function when you read the 'kill-filed' postings.

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
May 26th 10, 08:30 PM
On May 24, 8:58*pm, 36 > wrote:
> Odd that you make a response to a message of mine within 24hrs of name-
> calling ofwhich I've avoided for *some months. *Imaginary kill files
> dont function when you read the 'kill-filed' postings.

Google Groups does not have a killfile. Do try to keep up at the back.
--
Guy

JMS
May 26th 10, 10:07 PM
On Wed, 26 May 2010 12:30:16 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On May 24, 8:58*pm, 36 > wrote:
>> Odd that you make a response to a message of mine within 24hrs of name-
>> calling ofwhich I've avoided for *some months. *Imaginary kill files
>> dont function when you read the 'kill-filed' postings.
>
>Google Groups does not have a killfile. Do try to keep up at the back.

Yes - and they also force you to respond to those who are in your
kill-file.

I think you may be mentally ill.

He's making trouble.
He does it all with an apparent cast-iron faith in his hard-done-by
innocence. Apparently, if you throw **** up in the air then stand
around looking aggrieved, it's someone else's fault if it lands on
you.

Ian Smith 19 October 2009 commenting on Guy Chapman

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
May 26th 10, 10:31 PM
On May 26, 10:07*pm, JMS > wrote:

> >Google Groups does not have a killfile. Do try to keep up at the back.

> Yes - and they also *force you to respond to those who are in your
> kill-file.

Both you and he have made, according to the stats, a very large number
of posts here, and I have had no difficulty whatsoever ignoring the
vast majority of them (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that).

> I think you may be mentally ill.

From you, that can only be taken as a compliment.
--
Guy

JMS
May 26th 10, 10:56 PM
On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:31:04 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On May 26, 10:07*pm, JMS > wrote:
>
>> >Google Groups does not have a killfile. Do try to keep up at the back.
>
>> Yes - and they also *force you to respond to those who are in your
>> kill-file.
>
>Both you and he have made, according to the stats, a very large number
>of posts here, and I have had no difficulty whatsoever ignoring the
>vast majority of them (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that).
>
>> I think you may be mentally ill.
>
>From you, that can only be taken as a compliment.

You have proven the point yet again - well done.

--

I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets.
I would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets.

Colin Reed
May 26th 10, 10:58 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On May 26, 10:07 pm, JMS > wrote:
>
>>> Google Groups does not have a killfile. Do try to keep up at the back.
>
>> Yes - and they also force you to respond to those who are in your
>> kill-file.
>
> Both you and he have made, according to the stats, a very large number
> of posts here, and I have had no difficulty whatsoever ignoring the
> vast majority of them (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that).
>
>> I think you may be mentally ill.
>
> From you, that can only be taken as a compliment.
> --
> Guy

I don't know - most things from JMS can probably be taken as a suppository!

Colin

--
Murphy's Law – If anything can go wrong, it will.
Parkinson's Law – Work expands so as to fill the time available for its

JMS
May 26th 10, 11:07 PM
On Wed, 26 May 2010 22:58:09 +0100, Colin Reed

Well I can really bring the **** out of you - but then most people do.
--
2008 DfT Figures: Passenger casualty rates Per billion passenger kilometers:
Killed or seriously injured: Pedal Cyclists : 541 Pedestrians 382

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home