PDA

View Full Version : Re: Giro d'Italia, stage 15 summary

Betty Munro
May 23rd 10, 10:40 PM
Bob Martin wrote:
> 1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 6.21.58
> 2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 1.19

At the risk of causing Keith and Lafferties blood pressure to spiral I'd
have to say that almost looked like the old ET-Basso, calmly seated
while Evans was out of the saddle and all over the bike trying to keep up.

Keith
May 24th 10, 12:48 AM
On Sun, 23 May 2010 23:40:11 +0200, Betty Munro >
wrote:

>Bob Martin wrote:
>> 1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 6.21.58
>> 2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 1.19
>
>At the risk of causing Keith and Lafferties blood pressure to spiral I'd
>have to say that almost looked like the old ET-Basso, calmly seated
>while Evans was out of the saddle and all over the bike trying to keep up.

And if you were actually interested in bike racing you'd know it took
him 1.5 minutes more than Simoni in 2007, so it's going in the right
direction.

On a related matter I was about to name Scarponi as the next "blood
profiled" rider but I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A. Dumas Fred
May 24th 10, 01:08 AM
Betty Munro wrote:
> have to say that almost looked like the old ET-Basso, calmly seated

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2010/05/23/2/fulonbasso_600.jpg

A. Dumas Fred
May 24th 10, 01:25 AM
Keith wrote:
> And if you were actually interested in bike racing you'd know it took
> him 1.5 minutes more than Simoni in 2007, so it's going in the right
> direction.

If you were actually interested in bike racing you'd compare the stage
details.

H. Fred Kveck
May 24th 10, 02:22 AM
In article e.nl>,
"A. Dumas Fred" > wrote:

> Keith wrote:
> > And if you were actually interested in bike racing you'd know it took
> > him 1.5 minutes more than Simoni in 2007, so it's going in the right
> > direction.
>
> If you were actually interested in bike racing you'd compare the stage
> details.

But, but, but he's got thirty + years of cycling knowledge...

K. Fred Gauss
May 24th 10, 04:50 AM
Betty Munro wrote:
> Bob Martin wrote:
>> 1 Ivan Basso (Ita)
>> Liquigas-Doimo 6.21.58
>> 2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing
>> Team 1.19
>
> At the risk of causing Keith and Lafferties blood pressure to spiral I'd
> have to say that almost looked like the old ET-Basso, calmly seated
> while Evans was out of the saddle and all over the bike trying to keep up.

If Basso changes his name to Lance Armstrong, THEN they'll care.

Betty Munro
May 24th 10, 10:30 AM
A. Dumas Fred wrote:
> Betty Munro wrote:
>> have to say that almost looked like the old ET-Basso, calmly seated
>
> http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2010/05/23/2/fulonbasso_600.jpg

Admittedly, once he dropped Evans he did go at 110%, he even got out of
the saddle. Tuesday's mountain (bike) TT might be interesting, if only
to see what gearing they use.

Keith
May 24th 10, 12:19 PM
On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:22:26 -0700, "H. Fred Kveck"
> wrote:

>In article e.nl>,
> "A. Dumas Fred" > wrote:
>
>> Keith wrote:
>> > And if you were actually interested in bike racing you'd know it took
>> > him 1.5 minutes more than Simoni in 2007, so it's going in the right
>> > direction.
>>
>> If you were actually interested in bike racing you'd compare the stage
>> details.
>
> But, but, but he's got thirty + years of cycling knowledge...

Glad you remember that, looks like it helps to spot the cheaters and
sort the fanboys who will believe anything to those who use their
brains doesn't it?

H. Fred Kveck
May 25th 10, 01:16 AM
In article >, Keith >
wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:22:26 -0700, "H. Fred Kveck"
> > wrote:
>
> >In article e.nl>,

> >> If you were actually interested in bike racing you'd compare the stage
> >> details.
> >
> > But, but, but he's got thirty + years of cycling knowledge...
>
> Glad you remember that, looks like it helps to spot the cheaters and
> sort the fanboys who will believe anything to those who use their
> brains doesn't it?

Do you think you spotted cheaters on this stage, or the one a few years ago that
went up a different side of the climb (Hmm, I wonder if that might account for the
difference in times?)?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home