PDA

View Full Version : Re: Why do TdF riders not use helmets in the mts.?

Terry Morse
July 25th 03, 04:18 PM
Brian Skowron wrote:

> It's where they fall down. Pourquoi?

But they're going slower, reducing the chance of a knock on the
noggin. The rule is they can take off their helmets on an uphill
stage finish where the final climb is 5 km or longer.

archer
July 25th 03, 04:24 PM
In article >,
says...
> Brian Skowron wrote:
>
> > It's where they fall down. Pourquoi?
>
> But they're going slower, reducing the chance of a knock on the
> noggin. The rule is they can take off their helmets on an uphill
> stage finish where the final climb is 5 km or longer.

Plus, I'm under the impression that most of the crashes (by number of
riders who crash) occur on the fast flat sections where the pack tends to
stay together.

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good

Brian Sanderson
July 27th 03, 07:56 AM
"Brian Skowron" > wrote in message
om...
> It's where they fall down. Pourquoi?

Got Long Hair?

Good, now go slap on a helmet with minimal venting and ride up the Alex
Fraser Bridge in Mid-July in the hottest part of the day. Got Heatstroke
yet? No? Then do it again...you will have just completed the couch potato
version of a Mountain Stage in the TdF. Why the H*ll do you think they have
'short or shaved' hair? Geez...;)

Brian Skowron
July 28th 03, 06:20 PM
"Brian Sanderson" > wrote in message >...
> "Brian Skowron" > wrote in message
> om...
> > It's where they fall down. Pourquoi?
>
> Got Long Hair?
>
> Good, now go slap on a helmet with minimal venting and ride up the Alex
> Fraser Bridge in Mid-July in the hottest part of the day. Got Heatstroke
> yet? No? Then do it again...you will have just completed the couch potato
> version of a Mountain Stage in the TdF. Why the H*ll do you think they have
> 'short or shaved' hair? Geez...;)

I'm bald.
Well, tnx!

Google