PDA

View Full Version : Two year suspension for Valverde

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
May 31st 10, 05:26 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde-suspended-for-two-years-world-wide-keeps-results

Valverde suspended for two years world-wide, keeps results

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has handed Alejandro Valverde a two-
year suspension, effective starting January 1, 2010, for his
involvement in the Operación Puerto doping scheme.

<snip><end>

Betty Munro
May 31st 10, 08:56 PM
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
> Valverde suspended for two years world-wide

That's a piti, he was entertaining. The moral of the story is if you're
a pro you should eat your dog before it screws you.

DA74
June 1st 10, 12:09 AM
On May 31, 9:26*am, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde-suspended-for-two-years-worl...
>
> Valverde suspended for two years world-wide, keeps results
>
> The Court of Arbitration for Sport has handed Alejandro Valverde a two-
> year suspension, effective starting January 1, 2010, for his
> involvement in the Operación Puerto doping scheme.
>
> <snip><end>

Did you read the response from Caisse d'Espargne? I wasn't quite sure
if they are commending him or condemning him:

Abarca Sports, owner of Valverde's team, called the court's ruling "a
confirmation of the position sustained permanently by Abarca Sports
about the irreproachable behaviour of Valverde during his five and
half years career with Abarca Sports."

I mean, the court did give him a two year suspension after all...but I
guess they're happy he gets to keep his results?
-DA74

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home