PDA

View Full Version : who is avoiding who

Andre[_2_]
June 7th 10, 06:02 PM
Is Lance avoiding racing against Contador or is it the other way
around? It seems stupid to me.
Are they only going to meet once a year in the "Tour de France"?
What kind of a bull**** rivalry is that.
There is no rivalry

S Perryman
June 7th 10, 07:24 PM
Andre wrote:

> Is Lance avoiding racing against Contador

Yes.

> It seems stupid to me.

Yes.

> Are they only going to meet once a year in the "Tour de France"?

Yes (if ever) .

> What kind of a bull**** rivalry is that.

Indeed.

> There is no rivalry

Of course there isn't. How can there be ??

Contador is the best stage race rider in the peloton at the moment.
Possibly the best of his generation / one of the greatest of all (time
will tell) .

And his form to date suggests 2010 will be more of the same.
In fact for certain people it may even be much worse, as there won't be any
"team orders" to protect them from a Contador in full flight ...

Regards,
Steven Perryman

Frederick the Great[_2_]
June 7th 10, 10:32 PM
In article
Andre > wrote:

> Is Lance avoiding racing against Contador or is it the other way
> around? It seems stupid to me.
> Are they only going to meet once a year in the "Tour de France"?
> What kind of a bull**** rivalry is that.
> There is no rivalry

Who says their is?
Some blogger? Some sports writer?

Who is avoiding whom.

--
Old Fritz

Fred
June 8th 10, 12:55 AM
On Jun 7, 12:24*pm, S Perryman > wrote:

> Contador is the best stage race rider in the peloton at the moment.
> Possibly the best of his generation / one of the greatest of all (time
> will tell) .

> Regards,
> Steven Perryman

Resort to hyperbole much??

While Contador has shown great promise and great results (so far) he
has a very long way to go (at least 6 more consecutive victories at
the TdF, for example) to even begin to approach greatest of all time
status.

Fred

z, fred
June 8th 10, 02:47 AM
Fred wrote:
> On Jun 7, 12:24 pm, S Perryman > wrote:
>
>> Contador is the best stage race rider in the peloton at the moment.
>> Possibly the best of his generation / one of the greatest of all (time
>> will tell) .
>
>> Regards,
>> Steven Perryman
>
> Resort to hyperbole much??
>
> While Contador has shown great promise and great results (so far) he
> has a very long way to go (at least 6 more consecutive victories at
> the TdF, for example) to even begin to approach greatest of all time
> status.
>
> Fred

Dumbass,

ONE OF THE greatest of all time does not equal greatest of all time.

DirtRoadie
June 8th 10, 04:43 AM
On Jun 7, 11:02*am, Andre > wrote:
> Is Lance avoiding racing against Contador or is it the other way
> around? It seems stupid to me.
> Are they only going to meet once a year in the "Tour de France"?
> What kind of a bull**** rivalry is that.
> There is no rivalry

The Super Bowl, the World Series, Wimbeldon, the Indy 500, the
Kentucky Derby, the Masters, the Hahnenkam, are all once-a-year
significant events in their respective sports. But each one stands
alone despite being only one in a series of competitions.

I have no problem with AC and LA not racing each other every week in
a lead up to the Tour. I don't even think LA is really a contender,
but do believe he will be there to race. That 's part of what makes
the TdF an EVENT. A three week event at that.

DR

S Perryman
June 8th 10, 09:53 AM
Fred wrote:

> On Jun 7, 12:24 pm, S Perryman > wrote:

>>Contador is the best stage race rider in the peloton at the moment.
>>Possibly the best of his generation / one of the greatest of all (time
>>will tell) .

> Resort to hyperbole much??

> While Contador has shown great promise and great results (so far) he
> has a very long way to go (at least 6 more consecutive victories at
> the TdF, for example) to even begin to approach greatest of all time
> status.

We can allow for your ignorance of written English (as pointed out by
another poster) , but not the fact that the one regarded as the greatest
rider of time (stage and one day) only won the TdF 5 times.

Significantly, over 5 decades, the greatest stage race riders of their
generation all won :

1. the TdF 5 times
2. at least 2 of the 3 grand tours (or all three)
3. 2 of the 3 grand tours in one year (more than once)

Do these riders "even begin to approach greatest of all time status" ??

Contador has already done #2.
Time will tell whether he does #1 and #3.

Regards,
Steven Perryman

NoDannyNo
June 9th 10, 01:15 PM
On Jun 7, 1:02*pm, Andre > wrote:
> Is Lance avoiding racing against Contador or is it the other way
> around? It seems stupid to me.
> Are they only going to meet once a year in the "Tour de France"?
> What kind of a bull**** rivalry is that.
> There is no rivalry

The Lance, Unimpeachable Ruler of The Toor-Day-Frantz, has no actual
rivals, bull**** or otherwise. An 8th MyYoo Jawn this coming Joo-lye
and many liters of clean **** will confirm.

Fred
June 11th 10, 05:10 AM
On Jun 7, 7:47*pm, "z, fred" > wrote:
> Fred wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 12:24 pm, S Perryman > wrote:
>
> >> Contador is the best stage race rider in the peloton at the moment.
> >> Possibly the best of his generation / one of the greatest of all (time
> >> will tell) .
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Steven Perryman
>
> > Resort to hyperbole much??
>
> > While Contador has shown great promise and great results (so far) he
> > has a very long way to go (at least 6 more consecutive victories at
> > the TdF, for example) to even begin to approach greatest of all time
> > status.
>
> > Fred
>
> Dumbass,
>
> ONE OF THE greatest of all time does not equal greatest of all time.

You're pretty smart. Of course, I didn't say that it did.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home