PDA

View Full Version : Re: Professor McCann in SI on LA's Legal Woes

--D-y
June 7th 10, 06:03 PM
On Jun 6, 11:27*pm, "Francesco del Ponte" > wrote:
> Interesting piece from Sports Law Professor
> Mike McCann who says that LA has to worry
> about several issues including a possible
> RICO charge. Now that's a bold statement.
>
> He thinks the USPS angle is a non-starter,
> that Kristin is not protected from spousal
> immunity since they're no longer married,
> and that the real issue could be centered
> on the accusations regarding illegal
> distribution. Not sure about those but...
>
> ..Worth a read:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_mccann/05/25/la...

<http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>

It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.

Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.

Book deal!!! Book deal!!!

Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF
this year.
--D-y

B. Lafferty[_3_]
June 7th 10, 06:20 PM
On 6/7/2010 1:03 PM, --D-y wrote:
> On Jun 6, 11:27 pm, "Francesco del > wrote:
>> Interesting piece from Sports Law Professor
>> Mike McCann who says that LA has to worry
>> about several issues including a possible
>> RICO charge. Now that's a bold statement.
>>
>> He thinks the USPS angle is a non-starter,
>> that Kristin is not protected from spousal
>> immunity since they're no longer married,
>> and that the real issue could be centered
>> on the accusations regarding illegal
>> distribution. Not sure about those but...
>>
>> ..Worth a read:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_mccann/05/25/la...
>
> <http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
> jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>
>
> It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
> who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.

LOL!! Crooked? No. Hyper Aggressive? Yes.

> Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
> connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
> Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.
>
> Book deal!!! Book deal!!!
>
> Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF
> this year.

Such bitterness on your part. But, I understand. Your fantasy Lance
world is coming down around your ears. Put on a hard hat and suck it up
big boy. :-)

> --D-y

--D-y
June 7th 10, 11:06 PM
On Jun 7, 12:20*pm, "B. Lafferty" > wrote:
> On 6/7/2010 1:03 PM, --D-y wrote:
>

> > On Jun 6, 11:27 pm, "Francesco del > *wrote:
> >> Interesting piece from Sports Law Professor
> >> Mike McCann who says that LA has to worry
> >> about several issues including a possible
> >> RICO charge. Now that's a bold statement.
>
> >> He thinks the USPS angle is a non-starter,
> >> that Kristin is not protected from spousal
> >> immunity since they're no longer married,
> >> and that the real issue could be centered
> >> on the accusations regarding illegal
> >> distribution. Not sure about those but...
>
> >> ..Worth a read:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_mccann/05/25/la...
>
> > <http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
> > jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>
>
> > It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
> > who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.
>
> LOL!! Crooked? No. Hyper Aggressive? Yes.
>

> > Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
> > connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
> > Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.
>
> > Book deal!!! Book deal!!!
>
> > Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF
> > this year.
>
> Such bitterness on your part. *But, I understand. *Your fantasy Lance
> world is coming down around your ears. Put on a hard hat and suck it up
> big boy. :-)

I converted to the "they're all doping" religion a good long while
ago, Brian. Reality check; I know you've "been away" as the saying
goes <g>.

The "book deal" criticism of Novitzky stands, as does the "crooked
cop" appellation:

(from http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=li-novitzky020309):

(quote)The TIGTA report establishes that $600 was missing from the
money seized in the Sept. 3, 2003, raid on the home of Greg Anderson,
Bonds’ former trainer, although the report did not reach a conclusion
on what happened to the money. TIGTA also investigated allegations by
other drug task force agents that in connection with the BALCO case
Novitzky had falsified reports and search warrants and had refused to
bring in agencies more suited to probe potential drug violations. In
addition, Novitzky gave a different account of his interest in a book
deal to TIGTA investigators than he did under penalty of perjury in
the courtroom of Judge Susan Illston – the same judge presiding over
the Bonds case. The central evidentiary hearing in the Bonds case will
take place Thursday at U.S. District Court in San Francisco.

Victor Conte wrote in his unpublished book, “BALCO,” that the
investigation into Novitzky helped him negotiate a plea deal. (end)

Novitzky screwed the pooch, Brian. Damn, 600 lousy dollars in missing
"evidence"; however it went missing, against the millions spent
prosecuting Bonds and BALCO. And falsifying reports and search
warrants, obviously arranging a self-serving circus by using his guys--
and himself, of course-- in the investigation. These are things the
law is supposed to protect citizens from, no matter how "guilty" they
may be of actual wrongdoing. What's different in this from "training
with Ferrari"?

I didn't know this story when Conte was in the news. No wonder he was
so openly contemptuous of the investigators and further, that those in
power to punish him for "failing the attitude test" let it all slide.

The thought of Novitzky changing his "book deal!!!" tune when under
penalty of perjury is delicious.
Maybe, with your expertise and interest (now that you're back), in the
interest of truth and fairness and not cheating, you could round up
the two versions (TIGA and Illston) and post them here for us. Maybe
show your hero lying through his teeth? Deal?
--D-y

Brad Anders
June 7th 10, 11:21 PM
I can't get your URL to work. Is it right? Anyone else have trouble?

Brad Anders

Brad Anders
June 7th 10, 11:23 PM
On Jun 7, 3:21*pm, Brad Anders > wrote:
> I can't get your URL to work. Is it right? Anyone else have trouble?
>
> Brad Anders

Weird. I searched against a line in the quote and found it - same URL,
but worked when I went to it from search.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=li-novitzky020309

Good article, thanks.

Brad Anders

Zeno
June 7th 10, 11:23 PM
On Jun 7, 11:03*am, --D-y > wrote:

> <http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
> jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>
>
> It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
> who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.
>
> Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
> connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
> Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.
>
> Book deal!!! Book deal!!!
>
> Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF

Because any further investigation might reveal more
> this year.
> --D-y

I asked in another post, "Why aren't the feds pursing a RICCO case
against MLB & the player's union? They have a list of 5% of the
players who broke federal law by taking steroids. They knowingly
perpetrated a fraud for years re steroids in Baseball.Talk about a
criminal conspiracy! Why go after cycling when it's obvious that
cycling has been light years ahead of MLB for decades in testing and
enforcement?

This article answers that question. Having botched one investigation
and cast real doubt on his own ethics and competence, it appears
Novitsky decided it was better to cut bait re MLB & move on to another
big celebrity witch hunt.

In that light, is it any surprise that Novitsky & Landis found each
other? Read the labels.

Zeno

Zeno
June 7th 10, 11:29 PM
On Jun 7, 4:21*pm, Brad Anders > wrote:
> I can't get your URL to work. Is it right? Anyone else have trouble?
>
> Brad Anders

Brad

That would be because as it appeared in the original post in Google
groups only half the url was linked because they wrapped the
sentence. You need to access the whole url

Zeno

http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds

Michael Press
June 8th 10, 05:35 AM
In article
Brad Anders > wrote:

> I can't get your URL to work. Is it right? Anyone else have trouble?

Excise the trailing left parenthesis and colon.

Hints from Hellawheeze:
When posting a url enclose it in matching angle brackets.

<http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=li-novitzky020309>

--
Michael Press

Frederick the Great[_2_]
June 8th 10, 05:46 AM
In article
--D-y > wrote:

> On Jun 7, 12:20Â*pm, "B. Lafferty" > wrote:

> > > <http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
> > > jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>
> >
> > > It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
> > > who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.
> >
> > LOL!! Crooked? No. Hyper Aggressive? Yes.
> >

> > > Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
> > > connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
> > > Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.
> >
> > > Book deal!!! Book deal!!!
> >
> > > Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF
> > > this year.
> >
> > Such bitterness on your part. Â*But, I understand. Â*Your fantasy Lance
> > world is coming down around your ears. Put on a hard hat and suck it up
> > big boy. :-)
>
> I converted to the "they're all doping" religion a good long while
> ago, Brian. Reality check; I know you've "been away" as the saying
> goes <g>.
>
> The "book deal" criticism of Novitzky stands, as does the "crooked
> cop" appellation:
>
> (from http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=li-novitzky020309):

Thanks. This answers for me the question "Who is Jeff Novitsky,
and why is Brian acting like a fanboy?"

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great[_2_]
June 8th 10, 05:47 AM
In article
Zeno > wrote:

> On Jun 7, 11:03Â*am, --D-y > wrote:
>

> > <http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post.cfm/investigative-misconduct-of-
> > jeff-novitzky-dooms-case-against-barry-bonds>
> >
> > It would seem Jeff Novitzky is a crooked cop. Lance isn't the only one
> > who might do well to worry about legal mis-steps.
> >
> > Glad I read the above, also, because it shows why Lafferty is so
> > connected with Novitzsky. It's a personal hatred thing; Lafferty, for
> > Lance, and Novitzky for Barry Bonds.
> >
> > Book deal!!! Book deal!!!
> >
> > Maybe this one will be in English, but probably too late for the TdF
>
> Because any further investigation might reveal more
> > this year.
> > --D-y
>
> I asked in another post, "Why aren't the feds pursing a RICCO case
> against MLB & the player's union? They have a list of 5% of the
> players who broke federal law by taking steroids.

Which law is it that prohibits taking steroids?

--
Old Fritz

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home