PDA

View Full Version : Time Impact Pedals?

UMTERP
June 16th 04, 02:13 AM
I'm thinking of changing from Look to Time. I've heard all of the great
feedback about the Impacts, but now that they have been out for a while, can
anyone give me any feedback on their durability? I've heard horror stories
about how they squeak. Is this true? Anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Qui si parla Campagnolo
June 16th 04, 02:01 PM
umterp-<< I'm thinking of changing from Look to Time. I've heard all of the
great
feedback about the Impacts, but now that they have been out for a while, can
anyone give me any feedback on their durability? >><BR><BR>

Of the three we sold, all had issues. Two had loose spindles and annoying
'clicks' early on and the other broke a piece offa the toe. We don't sell them
anymore.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Hilton
June 19th 04, 02:52 PM
(UMTERP) wrote in
:

> I'm thinking of changing from Look to Time. I've heard all of the
> great feedback about the Impacts, but now that they have been out for
> a while, can anyone give me any feedback on their durability? I've
> heard horror stories about how they squeak. Is this true? Anything
> else?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave

I've had mine for two months (2000km) and love them. No problems yet,
little or no squeak. Their holding power is fantastic.

Sandy.

Alan
June 21st 04, 11:58 PM
I have over 10K miles on mine and so far so good. My cleats are wearing a
bit as would be expected with the miles I have done. I was a big fan of the
old Times and the new ones are much better.

Alan

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> umterp-<< I'm thinking of changing from Look to Time. I've heard all of
the
> great
> feedback about the Impacts, but now that they have been out for a while,
can
> anyone give me any feedback on their durability? >><BR><BR>
>
> Of the three we sold, all had issues. Two had loose spindles and annoying
> 'clicks' early on and the other broke a piece offa the toe. We don't sell
them
> anymore.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

andy
June 23rd 04, 12:54 PM
I have had two pair for over a year and love them, improvement over the old
times. Hate the cleat, but only an issue when off the bike walking which is
unimportant to me. I hadn't heard of any problems until this thread. Cost of
replacement cleat is an issue (~$35).
As for eggbeaters, my wife uses them exclusively on all bikes, mtn, cross,
road. Interesting seeing a C-40 w/ eggbeaters. She rides a ton and loves
them, cleats wear a little fast but cheap. As for lack of platform, look for
the new road pedal eggbeaters coming out soon.
andy
"David Mackintosh" > wrote in message
om...
> (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message
> > Of the three we sold, all had issues. Two had loose spindles and
annoying
> > 'clicks' early on and the other broke a piece offa the toe. We don't
sell them
> > anymore.
>
> I bought the Impact S pedals last year (was using the old Time Race)
> and used them for less than a season. They seemed great at first, but
> developed the loose spindle, squeeks, and became very difficult to
> click in to. The replacement cleat cost seemed excessive. The retail
> price is very expensive for the weight. I bought a set of used
> Speedplay X pedals from a friend and like them much better so far.
> I've also heard good things about the Eggbeaters, even for road use
> (would imagine you'd want a very stiff-sole shoe, though).
>
> -David

Bill Lloyd
June 23rd 04, 07:04 PM
On 2004-06-22 22:18:25 -0700, (David Mackintosh) said:

> (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message
>> Of the three we sold, all had issues. Two had loose spindles and annoying
>> 'clicks' early on and the other broke a piece offa the toe. We don't sell them
>> anymore.
>
> I bought the Impact S pedals last year (was using the old Time Race)
> and used them for less than a season. They seemed great at first, but
> developed the loose spindle, squeeks, and became very difficult to
> click in to. The replacement cleat cost seemed excessive. The retail
> price is very expensive for the weight. I bought a set of used
> Speedplay X pedals from a friend and like them much better so far. I've
> also heard good things about the Eggbeaters, even for road use
> (would imagine you'd want a very stiff-sole shoe, though).

I wouldn't use the Eggbeaters for road use -- their cornering clearance
is very bad. Pedal in a corner and you're gonna scrape it.

Speedplays (or my favorites Coombe) have lots more cornering clearance.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home