PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and cycling in Toronto, what are the rules?

Jason Spaceman[_2_]
June 10th 10, 08:12 PM
The answers may surprise you -->
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/821769--what-are-the-rules-on-drinking-and-biking

J. Spaceman

Ryan Cousineau
June 15th 10, 06:07 PM
On Jun 10, 12:12*pm, Jason Spaceman >
wrote:
> The answers may surprise you -->http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/821769--what-are-the-rules-on...
>
> J. Spaceman

Ontario is awesome. Your legal ability to ride a bike with liquor in
your blood ends when you fall afoul of the public-drunkenness statute.
Buried lede: speed limits don't technically apply to bicycles.

Meanwhile in Vancouver, There is a real proposal to have real
sanctions kick in at a BAC of 0.05. As best as I can tell, that would
mean that a lot of people wouldn't even be able to have one drink
without falling afoul of the law.

Amit Ghosh
June 15th 10, 09:21 PM
On Jun 15, 1:07*pm, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
ceman

> Ontario is awesome. Your legal ability to ride a bike with liquor in
> your blood ends when you fall afoul of the public-drunkenness statute.
> Buried lede: speed limits don't technically apply to bicycles.

dumbass,

what i want to know is if it's okay to ride a horse while drunk,
assuming of course that the horse is sober.

Anton Berlin
June 15th 10, 09:55 PM
Same as anywhere else.... the rule is try to avoid being caught.

Why should you be penalized for breaking a law just become someone
else noticed ?

Fred on a stick
June 15th 10, 10:27 PM
On 6/15/2010 10:07 AM, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> Ontario is awesome.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gq5EEFHsHnZzPAihtX4D56cdhaqgD9GBT1GG1

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home