PDA

View Full Version : Kinetics in Glasgow

Steve
June 14th 10, 12:50 PM
I wondered if anyone has alternative contact details for Kinteics in
Glasgow?

I can see from the blog <http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/> that
they're still around but the phone number given on the website has
been unobtainable for some weeks now, emails are unanswered and I've
even resorted to leaving comments on blog posts. All to no avail.
--
Cheers,

Steve

Peter Clinch
June 14th 10, 01:01 PM
Steve wrote:
> I wondered if anyone has alternative contact details for Kinteics in
> Glasgow?
>
> I can see from the blog <http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/> that
> they're still around but the phone number given on the website has
> been unobtainable for some weeks now, emails are unanswered and I've
> even resorted to leaving comments on blog posts. All to no avail.

Ben has recently become a dad so will have other things on his mind, but
I spoke briefly by email about Moultons about a month ago so the above
seems odd.

I just tried 0141 942 2552 and got a dial tone (didn't let it ring on
after the first ring), so maybe double check and try again?

A general point on Kinetics is Ben is IMHO not a reliable source for
mail order as he has too much on the go, but if you visit in person the
quality of service is bombastic, and he has a good supply of wonderful
toys to play with.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Steve Hodgson
June 14th 10, 08:00 PM
On 2010-06-14 13:01:14 +0100, Peter Clinch said:

Thanks Peter.

> I just tried 0141 942 2552 and got a dial tone (didn't let it ring on
> after the first ring), so maybe double check and try again?

Might be worth letting it get to the second ring. What I've been
getting is "Sorry, this number is temporarily out of order" after the
first ring.

> A general point on Kinetics is Ben is IMHO not a reliable source for
> mail order as he has too much on the go, but if you visit in person the
> quality of service is bombastic, and he has a good supply of wonderful
> toys to play with.

I'm going to assume bombastic was deliberate there :)

That's been my experience of mail order in the past too. Now I just
want to get my Rohloff oil change kit that I've been trying to get for
6 months now.
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Peter Clinch
June 15th 10, 09:33 AM
Steve Hodgson wrote:
> On 2010-06-14 13:01:14 +0100, Peter Clinch said:

>> A general point on Kinetics is Ben is IMHO not a reliable source for
>> mail order as he has too much on the go, but if you visit in person the
>> quality of service is bombastic, and he has a good supply of wonderful
>> toys to play with.
>
> I'm going to assume bombastic was deliberate there :)

As in really over the top in a good way. But you do have to be there.

> That's been my experience of mail order in the past too. Now I just
> want to get my Rohloff oil change kit that I've been trying to get for 6
> months now.

I would aim yourself in the direction of SJS for that
(http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/). Chances of them having one in stock are
so close to 100% as makes no odds and their mail order is fast and
efficient IME. And lately their prices are as good as anyone else's too.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Steve Hodgson
June 15th 10, 11:12 PM
On 2010-06-15 09:33:47 +0100, Peter Clinch said:

> I would aim yourself in the direction of SJS for that
> (http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/). Chances of them having one in stock are
> so close to 100% as makes no odds and their mail order is fast and
> efficient IME. And lately their prices are as good as anyone else's too.

Thanks.
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home