One query though. I can tag all of the posts in a thread by hitting
return and that then selects the last post in the thread - how do I
select the first unread post in the thread without using the cursor?

Thanks.

--
email: replace the obvious with g_m_a_i_l

Steve Hodgson
June 14th 10, 07:46 PM
On 2010-06-14 17:39:46 +0100, Nige Danton said:

> One query though. I can tag all of the posts in a thread by hitting
> return and that then selects the last post in the thread - how do I
> select the first unread post in the thread without using the cursor?

If you don't get a response here, it might be worth following-up to
uk.comp.sys.mac with your query.

There are lots of MacSoup fans and users there.
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Rob Morley
June 14th 10, 07:48 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:39:46 +0700
(Nige Danton) wrote:

> I've been using MacSoup for the last couple of days and so far it's
> been a real pleasure. It was straighforward to set up and it's
> suitably snappy when reading the posts. I'm pleased with it so far.
> I'll give it another couple of days and then register.
>
> One query though. I can tag all of the posts in a thread by hitting
> return and that then selects the last post in the thread - how do I
> select the first unread post in the thread without using the cursor?

And there's the little matter of getting it to post to the right
newsgroup too ...

Steve Hodgson
June 14th 10, 10:28 PM
On 2010-06-14 19:48:55 +0100, Rob Morley said:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:39:46 +0700
> (Nige Danton) wrote:
>
>> I've been using MacSoup for the last couple of days and so far it's
>> been a real pleasure. It was straighforward to set up and it's
>> suitably snappy when reading the posts. I'm pleased with it so far.
>> I'll give it another couple of days and then register.
>>
>> One query though. I can tag all of the posts in a thread by hitting
>> return and that then selects the last post in the thread - how do I
>> select the first unread post in the thread without using the cursor?
>
> And there's the little matter of getting it to post to the right
> newsgroup too ...

It's been a long time since I tried it, but it's not an application
that one would ever consider intuitive in any conventional use of the
word.
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Nige Danton[_2_]
June 15th 10, 03:23 AM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:28:17 +0100, Steve Hodgson >
wrote:

>On 2010-06-14 19:48:55 +0100, Rob Morley said:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:39:46 +0700
>> (Nige Danton) wrote:

>>> One query though. I can tag all of the posts in a thread by hitting
>>> return and that then selects the last post in the thread - how do I
>>> select the first unread post in the thread without using the cursor?
>>
>> And there's the little matter of getting it to post to the right
>> newsgroup too ...
>
>It's been a long time since I tried it, but it's not an application
>that one would ever consider intuitive in any conventional use of the
>word.

I'm a muppet. I was wondering what had happened to my post and sure
enough I'd posted it to the wrong group. Apologies to all.
--
Nige Danton
email: swop the obvious for g_m_a_i_l

Google