PDA

View Full Version : Stem: Shimming 31.8 To Fit 25.4?

(PeteCresswell)
June 16th 10, 01:19 AM
Anybody doing this?

Does it work?

Seems tb a plethora of stems in the size I'm seeking (zero rise,
35mm length) with 31.8 clamp sizes, but not many in 25.4.
--
PeteCresswell

Norman
June 20th 10, 05:06 PM
On Jun 15, 8:19*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
> Anybody doing this?
>
> Does it work?
>
> Seems tb a plethora of stems in the size I'm seeking (zero rise,
> 35mm length) with 31.8 clamp sizes, but not many in 25.4.

Beer can shims under the bar clamp haven't
failed for me* & little chunks of nylon clampt
in the suspension of a 1967 C-10 last myriads
of miles.

If it has to be in a can I have a preference for
Tecate or Hamms.

Also: festive colours!

*lots of rain riding can cause a grey paste to
exude from the clamp area though. I don't know
if dis-assembling, drinking a can of ****ty beer,
and re-shim-ming every year or so is too much
work.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home