PDA

View Full Version : what about travelling with sufficient stopping distance?

Mrcheerful[_2_]
June 18th 10, 09:18 PM
It is an old story, but why on earth are cyclists allowed to get away with a
claim such as this?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/01/30/cyclist-sues-friend-for-370k-over-cycle-crash-86908-20302803/

JNugent[_7_]
June 18th 10, 09:28 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:

> It is an old story, but why on earth are cyclists allowed to get away with a
> claim such as this?

> http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/01/30/cyclist-sues-friend-for-370k-over-cycle-crash-86908-20302803/

I assume there must be an insurance company involved in that somewhere.

Jim A
June 18th 10, 10:39 PM
On 06/18/2010 09:28 PM, JNugent wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>
>> It is an old story, but why on earth are cyclists allowed to get away
>> with a claim such as this?
>
>> http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/01/30/cyclist-sues-friend-for-370k-over-cycle-crash-86908-20302803/
>

> I assume there must be an insurance company involved in that somewhere.

I expect so. If the 'friend' was insured too then it's probably not so
big a deal I guess. I wonder if the suit was successful. Somehow I
doubt it. It does seem pretty stupid to ride at speed without being
able to see the road ahead of you.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

Google