PDA

View Full Version : Nice ride

Paul - xxx[_2_]
June 19th 10, 08:54 AM
Woke up by the school alarm at 5.30 this morning so after investigating
went for a bike ride. An hour out, about 45 minutes back.

Most excellent. Extremely windy, gusty and changing direction, but
once into the woods it was thrilling! Still windy and gusty but muted
with the trees and bushes whipping about. Lots of people about, dog
walkers, joggers, other cyclists, I've never seen this many people on
the route. Saw a Kestrel, it might have been a Sparrowhawk but too far
away to tell other than it was a small hawk, and Kestrels are known in
the area.

Rode to sisters stables and chatted to the horses for a while then
returned home via the riverbank and canal towpath. Open fields with
the wind behind me all the way, such a rare occurrence and I enjoyed it
immensely. Dry, cool but not cold, another nice traffic free ride .. ;)

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp