PDA

View Full Version : "Edinburgh Critical Mass Attacked by Police"

Doug[_10_]
June 27th 10, 06:06 AM
"...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
"disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."

More with pics:
http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
One man's democracy is another man's Police State.

Norman Wells[_10_]
June 27th 10, 08:59 AM
Doug wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."

There, there, Doug. They'll probably give it back after school.

Marie
June 27th 10, 09:05 AM
On Jun 27, 6:06*am, Doug > wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."
>
> More with pics:http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.http://www.zing.icom43.net
> One man's democracy is another man's Police State.

Translation.
A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
commuters' stopped the cyclists.
He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
argue.
The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
The bike & sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
away with him.
He was charged with :-
Cycling without due care and attention,
Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
Failure to provide details when required
Resisting arrest.
He was later released.
In other words, cyclist broke law, cyclist argued with police, cyclist
resisted arrest, cyclists was arrested.

Mentalguy2k8[_2_]
June 27th 10, 09:16 AM
"Marie" > wrote in message
On Jun 27, 6:06 am, Doug > wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."
>
> More with pics:http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.http://www.zing.icom43.net
> One man's democracy is another man's Police State.

>Translation.
>A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
>commuters' stopped the cyclists.
>He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
>argue.
>The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
>The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
>Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
>continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
>The bike & sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
>away with him.
>He was charged with :-
>Cycling without due care and attention,
>Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
>Failure to provide details when required
>Resisting arrest.
>He was later released.
>In other words, cyclist broke law, cyclist argued with police, cyclist
>resisted arrest, cyclists was arrested.

Then misreported by indymedia and repeated by gullible Doug in uk.legal.
Same old, same old...

Paul - xxx[_2_]
June 27th 10, 09:20 AM
On 27/06/2010 09:05, Marie wrote:
> On Jun 27, 6:06 am, > wrote:
>> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
>> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
>> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
>> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
>> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
>> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
>> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
>> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."
>>
>> More with pics:http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979
>>
>> -- .
>> UK Radical Campaigns.http://www.zing.icom43.net
>> One man's democracy is another man's Police State.
>
> Translation.
> A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
> commuters' stopped the cyclists.
> He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
> argue.
> The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
> The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
> Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
> continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
> The bike& sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
> away with him.
> He was charged with :-
> Cycling without due care and attention,
> Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
> Failure to provide details when required
> Resisting arrest.
> He was later released.
> In other words, cyclist broke law, cyclist argued with police, cyclist
> resisted arrest, cyclists was arrested.

Funny, that's how I also read the biased reporting on Indytreehuggers ..

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

Tony Dragon
June 27th 10, 10:10 AM
Paul - xxx wrote:
> On 27/06/2010 09:05, Marie wrote:
>> On Jun 27, 6:06 am, > wrote:
>>> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
>>> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
>>> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
>>> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
>>> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
>>> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
>>> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
>>> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."
>>>
>>> More with pics:http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979
>>>
>>> -- .
>>> UK Radical Campaigns.http://www.zing.icom43.net
>>> One man's democracy is another man's Police State.
>>
>> Translation.
>> A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
>> commuters' stopped the cyclists.
>> He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
>> argue.
>> The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
>> The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
>> Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
>> continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
>> The bike& sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
>> away with him.
>> He was charged with :-
>> Cycling without due care and attention,
>> Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
>> Failure to provide details when required
>> Resisting arrest.
>> He was later released.
>> In other words, cyclist broke law, cyclist argued with police, cyclist
>> resisted arrest, cyclists was arrested.
>
> Funny, that's how I also read the biased reporting on Indytreehuggers ..

Did you notice how they proudly reported "impressive tailback of
commuters" makes a lie out of 'we don't try to disrupt traffic'

--
Tony Dragon

Paul - xxx[_2_]
June 27th 10, 10:27 AM
On 27/06/2010 10:10, Tony Dragon wrote:
> Paul - xxx wrote:

>>> In other words, cyclist broke law, cyclist argued with police, cyclist
>>> resisted arrest, cyclists was arrested.
>>
>> Funny, that's how I also read the biased reporting on Indytreehuggers ..
>>

> Did you notice how they proudly reported "impressive tailback of
> commuters" makes a lie out of 'we don't try to disrupt traffic'

Smug and gloating were two words that sprang to mind ...

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

JNugent[_7_]
June 27th 10, 11:08 AM
Doug wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."
>
> More with pics:
> http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/19979

How old are you?

You write like a 14 yr old with an IQ of 85, with talk of "sound systems" and
an implicit air of disdain for the right of others to peace and quiet, never
mind the right to pass without hindrance.

Derek Geldard
June 27th 10, 11:15 AM
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Doug >
cut 'n pasted :

Turgid old indymedia crap.

BTW. Happy new email address > Duhgsie.

I do hope it > doesn't get spammed to buggery.

that is.

Derek

Adrian
June 27th 10, 11:54 AM
JNugent > gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

> Doug wrote:
<snip usual IndyMeeja c'n'p>

> How old are you?
>
> You write like a 14 yr old with an IQ of 85

To be fair, the only bit of that that Duhg wrote was "More with pics:".
The rest is just c'n'p. But you're almost right - he's an 85yo with an IQ
of 14.

Steve Walker[_2_]
June 27th 10, 03:53 PM
Doug wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding, but forced
> back by the first cop on the scene, who drew his baton and threatened
> the other riders, shouting aggressively. The other cops shoved the
> riders around, refused to let them communicate with the arrested
> rider, and eventually forced the riders out of the Meadows with
> threats of arrest and physical violence shouting things such as
> "disappear". They also stole the soundsystem, trailer and bike..."

"The arrested rider was eventually released later last night with four
charges - cycling without due care and attention, obstruction of the highway
with a bicycle and trailer, failure to provide details when required and
resisting arrest."

Good. Hopefully the court will order forfeiture of the bicycle and sund
equipment, since it was being used for the express purpose of harassing and
provoking other road users.

David Hansen
June 27th 10, 05:09 PM
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:53:22 +0100 someone who may be "Steve Walker"
> wrote this:-

>Good. Hopefully the court

It will be interesting to see if it gets to court. The police in
Edinburgh are noted for their anti-cycling actions and it may be
that the Fiscal rascals decide not to risk going to any sort of
court.

>will order forfeiture of the bicycle and sund
>equipment, since it was being used for the express purpose of harassing and
>provoking other road users.

I imagine it was being used for the express purpose of adding a
little extra fun to the ride. Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
to take any action against the operators of these.

As you can see from the photograph at
<http://www.indymediascotland.org/sites/default/files/cop%20with%20batton.jpg>
the criminal who caused a breach of the peace and who caused alarm
and distress by deploying a weapon in a public place can be easily
identified. It will be interesting to see whether the Fiscal rascals
take the appropriate action by taking him to court.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Marie
June 27th 10, 05:32 PM
On Jun 27, 5:09*pm, David Hansen >
wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:53:22 +0100 someone who may be "Steve Walker"
> > wrote this:-
>
> >Good. * Hopefully the court
>
> It will be interesting to see if it gets to court. The police in
> Edinburgh are noted for their anti-cycling actions and it may be
> that the Fiscal rascals decide not to risk going to any sort of
> court.
>
> >will order forfeiture of the bicycle and sund
> >equipment, since it was being used for the express purpose of harassing and
> >provoking other road users.
>
> I imagine it was being used for the express purpose of adding a
> little extra fun to the ride. Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
> rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
> one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
> to take any action against the operators of these.
>
> As you can see from the photograph at
> <http://www.indymediascotland.org/sites/default/files/cop%20with%20bat...>
> the criminal who caused a breach of the peace and who caused alarm
> and distress by deploying a weapon in a public place can be easily
> identified. It will be interesting to see whether the Fiscal rascals
> take the appropriate action by taking him to court.
>
> --
> * David Hansen, Edinburgh
> *I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
> *http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Ah, the cyclist can't be wrong, the police must be wrong gambit.

David Hansen
June 27th 10, 06:13 PM
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:32:37 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Marie
> wrote this:-

>Ah, the cyclist can't be wrong,

Not a viewpoint I adhere to.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Steve Walker[_2_]
June 27th 10, 08:13 PM
David Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:53:22 +0100 someone who may be "Steve Walker"
> > wrote this:-
>
>> Good. Hopefully the court
>
> It will be interesting to see if it gets to court. The police in
> Edinburgh are noted for their anti-cycling actions and it may be
> that the Fiscal rascals decide not to risk going to any sort of
> court.

Really? Well those cyclists were being dicks, so perhaps they all deserve
each other.

roger merriman
June 27th 10, 10:17 PM
David Hansen > wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:53:22 +0100 someone who may be "Steve Walker"
> > wrote this:-
>
> >Good. Hopefully the court
>
> It will be interesting to see if it gets to court. The police in
> Edinburgh are noted for their anti-cycling actions and it may be
> that the Fiscal rascals decide not to risk going to any sort of
> court.
>
> >will order forfeiture of the bicycle and sund
> >equipment, since it was being used for the express purpose of harassing and
> >provoking other road users.
>
> I imagine it was being used for the express purpose of adding a
> little extra fun to the ride. Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
> rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
> one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
> to take any action against the operators of these.

you've got to be kidding! fit a boom box etc, and you will get stopped.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

The Medway Handyman[_2_]
June 27th 10, 10:55 PM

That would be because you are a ****.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

David Hansen
June 28th 10, 08:28 AM
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:17:11 +0100 someone who may be
(Roger Merriman) wrote this:-

>Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
>> rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
>> one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
>> to take any action against the operators of these.
>
>you've got to be kidding! fit a boom box etc, and you will get stopped.

Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
systems in Edinburgh.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

David Hansen
June 28th 10, 08:31 AM
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:13:23 +0100 someone who may be "Steve Walker"
> wrote this:-

>Well those cyclists were being dicks,

They were passing and repassing along a public road, something they
have a right to do (unlike motorists who have no right to motor but
are permitted to do so while they have a licence).

We will see whether anyone is taken to court and, if they are, what
the verdict is. As Edinburgh is not Telford the cyclists may even
get a fair hearing, though that is not guaranteed.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

bugbear
June 28th 10, 10:07 AM
Doug wrote:
> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested
> by four officers, with other riders quickly responding,

Interesting. What was their "response"?

BugBear

Doug[_10_]
June 28th 10, 01:44 PM
On Jun 28, 8:28*am, David Hansen >
wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:17:11 +0100 someone who may be
> (Roger Merriman) wrote this:-
>
> >Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
> >> rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
> >> one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
> >> to take any action against the operators of these.
>
> >you've got to be kidding! fit a boom box etc, and you will get stopped.
>
> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
> systems in Edinburgh.

I've had a similar experience. Was prevented from using my bike sound
system in the vicinity of Parliament by cops while they do nothing
about very loud sound systems playing from cars, vans and tourist
coaches. They even tried to censor me for playing a music track from a
disc from Tesco which allegedly was offensive in some way and that was
nowhere near Parliament.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
One man's democracy is another man's Police State.

David[_11_]
June 28th 10, 01:59 PM
"Marie" > wrote in message
Translation.
> A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
> commuters' stopped the cyclists.
> He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
> argue.
> The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
> The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
> Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
> continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
> The bike & sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
> away with him.
> He was charged with :-
> Cycling without due care and attention,
> Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
> Failure to provide details when required
> Resisting arrest.
> He was later released.

Funnily enough Marie, it sounds no better when you rewrote it.

Simple case of Police with nothing better to do than bully a group of
cyclists going for a cycle ride. No surprises there though.

martin
June 28th 10, 02:10 PM
On 28/06/2010 13:59, David wrote:
> > wrote in message
> Translation.
>> A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
>> commuters' stopped the cyclists.
>> He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
>> argue.
>> The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
>> The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
>> Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
>> continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
>> The bike& sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
>> away with him.
>> He was charged with :-
>> Cycling without due care and attention,
>> Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
>> Failure to provide details when required
>> Resisting arrest.
>> He was later released.
>
> Funnily enough Marie, it sounds no better when you rewrote it.
>
> Simple case of Police with nothing better to do than bully a group of
> cyclists going for a cycle ride.

They are not just going for a cycle ride and you know it. They are doing
it deliberately to cause as much hassle to other road users as they
possibly can.

> No surprises there though.

That a cyclist should lie? Na, we all know it

Tony Dragon
June 28th 10, 05:45 PM
martin wrote:
> On 28/06/2010 13:59, David wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> Translation.
>>> A police officer was investigating the 'impressive tailback of
>>> commuters' stopped the cyclists.
>>> He attempted to question the sound system rider, who then started to
>>> argue.
>>> The officer then requested back up as he was outnumbered.
>>> The sound system rider was then arrested but resisted.
>>> Other cyclists 'responded' but were told to 'disappear' when they
>>> continued the officer drew his baton as they were outnumbered.
>>> The bike& sound system, as they were the cyclists property were taken
>>> away with him.
>>> He was charged with :-
>>> Cycling without due care and attention,
>>> Oobstruction of the highway with a bicycle and trailer,
>>> Failure to provide details when required
>>> Resisting arrest.
>>> He was later released.
>>
>> Funnily enough Marie, it sounds no better when you rewrote it.
>>
>> Simple case of Police with nothing better to do than bully a group of
>> cyclists going for a cycle ride.
>
> They are not just going for a cycle ride and you know it. They are doing
> it deliberately to cause as much hassle to other road users as they
> possibly can.

Which is the reason they start at 5.30pm & proudly claim about
"impressive tailback of commuters"

>> No surprises there though.
>
> That a cyclist should lie? Na, we all know it

--
Tony Dragon

Mrcheerful[_2_]
June 28th 10, 10:01 PM
Doug wrote:
> On Jun 28, 8:28 am, David Hansen >
> wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:17:11 +0100 someone who may be
>> (Roger Merriman) wrote this:-
>>
>>> Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
>>
>>> you've got to be kidding! fit a boom box etc, and you will get
>>> stopped.
>>
>> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
>> systems in Edinburgh.
>>
> I've had a similar experience. Was prevented from using my bike sound
> system in the vicinity of Parliament by cops while they do nothing
> about very loud sound systems playing from cars, vans and tourist
> coaches. They even tried to censor me for playing a music track from a
> disc from Tesco which allegedly was offensive in some way and that was
> nowhere near Parliament.

Why would you want to do that? (play music loudly in public, presumably
while riding your bike))

Tony Dragon
June 28th 10, 11:50 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 8:28 am, David Hansen >
>> wrote:

>>> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
>>> systems in Edinburgh.
>>>
>> I've had a similar experience. Was prevented from using my bike sound
>> system in the vicinity of Parliament by cops while they do nothing
>> about very loud sound systems playing from cars, vans and tourist
>> coaches. They even tried to censor me for playing a music track from a
>> disc from Tesco which allegedly was offensive in some way and that was
>> nowhere near Parliament.
>
> Why would you want to do that? (play music loudly in public, presumably
> while riding your bike))

To be antisocial, it's his right.

--
Tony Dragon

JNugent[_7_]
June 29th 10, 01:13 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 8:28 am, David Hansen >
>> wrote:

>>> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
>>> systems in Edinburgh.
>>>
>> I've had a similar experience. Was prevented from using my bike sound
>> system in the vicinity of Parliament by cops while they do nothing
>> about very loud sound systems playing from cars, vans and tourist
>> coaches. They even tried to censor me for playing a music track from a
>> disc from Tesco which allegedly was offensive in some way and that was
>> nowhere near Parliament.
>
> Why would you want to do that? (play music loudly in public, presumably
> while riding your bike))

To be honest, nobody normal would dream of it.

David Hansen
June 29th 10, 08:28 AM
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:10:12 +0100 someone who may be martin
> wrote this:-

>They are doing
>it deliberately to cause as much hassle to other road users as they
>possibly can.

If they wanted to do that then there are ways of causing far more
hassle to other road users.

Next.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Doug[_10_]
June 29th 10, 04:20 PM
On 28 June, 22:01, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > On Jun 28, 8:28 am, David Hansen >
> > wrote:

> >> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
> >> systems in Edinburgh.
>
> > I've had a similar experience. Was prevented from using my bike sound
> > system in the vicinity of Parliament by cops while they do nothing
> > about very loud sound systems playing from cars, vans and tourist
> > coaches. They even tried to censor me for playing a music track from a
> > disc from Tesco which allegedly was offensive in some way and that was
> > nowhere near Parliament.
>
> Why would you want to do that? (play music loudly in public, presumably
> while riding your bike))

Because many of the other riders also enjoy it.

-- .
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"More bikes, fewer cars!".

roger merriman
June 29th 10, 05:16 PM
David Hansen > wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:17:11 +0100 someone who may be
> (Roger Merriman) wrote this:-
>
> >Bike mounted sound systems tend to be
> >> rather less harassing and provoking than the car based sound systems
> >> one can regularly hear blasting out noise, but the police don't seem
> >> to take any action against the operators of these.
> >
> >you've got to be kidding! fit a boom box etc, and you will get stopped.
>
> Never noticed the police doing anything about car mounted sound
> systems in Edinburgh.

so?

having the music up high is one of number of things that will attract
police attention, much like a modded car or being young or non white
etc.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Adrian
June 29th 10, 05:32 PM
Doug > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

>> Why would you want to do that? (play music loudly in public, presumably
>> while riding your bike))

> Because many of the other riders also enjoy it.

Can't the other riders wear personal stereos?

What would your opinion of a motor-vehicle user deliberately playing
music loud enough to be heard by many others around them be? I strongly
suspect that we would both agree that that person was an antisocial
****wit.

Change the car for a bike, though, and all of a sudden you defend him to
the hilt.

What a surprise. For you, the mode of transport is the only relevant
thing, isn't it?

Steve Firth
June 29th 10, 08:21 PM
Doug > wrote:

> "...Suddenly, the sound system rider was cuffed and violently arrested

Is this as accurate as your claim about the "attack" on the woman
protester at the horse event in York? Because that turned out to be
complete cobblers.

Doug[_10_]
June 30th 10, 05:47 AM
On 29 June, 18:23, "The Medway Handyman" <davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> David Hansen wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:10:12 +0100 someone who may be martin
> > > wrote this:-
>
> >> They are doing
> >> it deliberately to cause as much hassle to other road users as they
> >> possibly can.
>
> > If they wanted to do that then there are ways of causing far more
> > hassle to other road users.
>
> So what exactly is the purpose?

Don't you know by now? It has been repeated and published often
enough. Critical Mass is multi-purpose depending on the views of each
individual participant.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

The Medway Handyman[_2_]
July 2nd 10, 11:34 AM
Doug wrote:
> On 29 June, 18:23, "The Medway Handyman" <davidl...@no-spam-
> blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> David Hansen wrote:
>>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:10:12 +0100 someone who may be martin

>>> If they wanted to do that then there are ways of causing far more
>>> hassle to other road users.
>>
>> So what exactly is the purpose?
>>
> Don't you know by now? It has been repeated and published often
> enough. Critical Mass is multi-purpose depending on the views of each
> individual participant.

What a load of old bollox.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

webreader
July 2nd 10, 06:42 PM
On Jul 2, 11:34*am, "The Medway Handyman" <davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > On 29 June, 18:23, "The Medway Handyman" <davidl...@no-spam-
> > blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> >> So what exactly is the purpose?
>
> > Don't you know by now? It has been repeated and published often
> > enough. Critical Mass is multi-purpose depending on the views of each
> > individual participant.
>
> What a load of old bollox.
>
> --
> Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
> viable form of transport.

The trouble is, the poor dears believe it, when they just play 'follow
the leader' like sheep.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home