PDA

View Full Version : Cycle 2 Work Scheme

Andy2166
June 27th 10, 03:56 PM
Dear All

Hope you are well. I've just bought myself a cycle through the cycle
to work scheme. Fantastic scheme which is the UK's number one provider
of tax-free bikes for the Government's Cycle to Work initiative.
Employees can make big savings on new bikes, employers get a healthier
workforce and save money too!

I got a Trek Bike 7.9FX, with a lock, light set and helmet. Total cost
was just over £960, but I'll only end up paying just over £560! I'm
very happy. You or your friends, family or employer might be
interested? Check it out at:

http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/

Happy cycling to all!

Clive George
June 27th 10, 04:55 PM
On 27/06/2010 15:56, Andy2166 wrote:

> Hope you are well. I've just bought myself a cycle through the cycle
> to work scheme. Fantastic scheme which is the UK's number one provider
> of tax-free bikes for the Government's Cycle to Work initiative.
> Employees can make big savings on new bikes, employers get a healthier
> workforce and save money too!
>
> I got a Trek Bike 7.9FX, with a lock, light set and helmet. Total cost
> was just over £960, but I'll only end up paying just over £560! I'm
> very happy. You or your friends, family or employer might be
> interested? Check it out at:
>
> http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/

Of course the bike is supposed to be used for either work or commuting
to work. But you say elsewhere you don't yet have the confidence to
cycle on roads - so spending that much on a bike you can't ride yet
seems a bit odd.

David[_11_]
June 28th 10, 12:49 PM
"Clive George" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> Of course the bike is supposed to be used for either work or commuting to
> work. But you say elsewhere you don't yet have the confidence to cycle on
> roads - so spending that much on a bike you can't ride yet seems a bit
> odd.

I used to ride 11.5 miles each way to work, none of which was on the road.
My journey is now 5 miles each way of which about 100 yards is on the road.

Do you know Andy's route?

Ian Smith
June 28th 10, 01:38 PM
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Clive George > wrote:
> On 27/06/2010 15:56, Andy2166 wrote:
> >
> > I got a Trek Bike 7.9FX, with a lock, light set and helmet. Total cost
> > was just over £960, but I'll only end up paying just over £560! I'm
> > very happy. You or your friends, family or employer might be
> > interested? Check it out at:
> >
> > http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/
>
> Of course the bike is supposed to be used for either work or commuting
> to work. But you say elsewhere you don't yet have the confidence to
> cycle on roads - so spending that much on a bike you can't ride yet
> seems a bit odd.

And if he doesn't ride it for or to work, then he's not eligible for
the tax exemption, and there's no saving to be had. If you use the
scheme and don't use the bike as required, that's illegal tax evasion.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Clive George
June 28th 10, 01:51 PM
On 28/06/2010 12:49, David wrote:
> "Clive > wrote in message
> o.uk...
>> Of course the bike is supposed to be used for either work or commuting to
>> work. But you say elsewhere you don't yet have the confidence to cycle on
>> roads - so spending that much on a bike you can't ride yet seems a bit
>> odd.
>>

> I used to ride 11.5 miles each way to work, none of which was on the road.
> My journey is now 5 miles each way of which about 100 yards is on the road.
>
> Do you know Andy's route?

All I know of "Andy" so far is he's posted some cut'n'paste crap and
never followed up on it. He's also contradicted himself more than once.

I'm impressed with 11.5 miles none of which is on road though. Where was
that?

Derek C
June 28th 10, 01:55 PM
On Jun 27, 4:55*pm, Clive George > wrote:

> Of course the bike is supposed to be used for either work or commuting
> to work. But you say elsewhere you don't yet have the confidence to
> cycle on roads - so spending that much on a bike you can't ride yet
> seems a bit odd.

Lots of people seem to spend money on bikes that they don't really
know how to ride. The ones who have the confidence, but not the
ability to do so, seem to become the RLJing, pavement riding,
labreaking 'psycholists'.

Daily Mail journalist Petronella Wyatt seems to be a typical female
cyclist with no confidence or ability in the following somewhat anti-
cyclist article. See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1250746/Beware-rogue-bicycles--Petronella-Wyatt-attacks-cult-cycling-frail-mother-knocked-down.html

Learning to ride a bicycle safely is not an instant and inborn skill.
In my opinion cyclists should be licensed and receive proper training
before they are allowed on the public road. Maybe with 'grandfather
rights' for existing experienced cyclists.

Derek C

Derek C

David[_11_]
June 28th 10, 02:42 PM
"Clive George" > wrote in message

> I'm impressed with 11.5 miles none of which is on road though. Where was
> that?

It was a lovely ride that I very much miss.

Route here :
http://earth.google.com/kmlpreview/#url=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fubbthrea ds.php%3Fubb%3Ddownload%26Number%3D917562

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home