PDA

View Full Version : 'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
September 14th 10, 02:28 AM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/help-me-tweet-rescues-lost-injured-triathlete-42002

'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete

Indo Asian News Service, Updated: August 04, 2010 17:13 IST

London: A triathlete in the US who got lost during a competition and
then got hurt after falling off her mountain bike sent out a desperate
tweet for help. Her plea was noticed by her followers who dialled for
assistance.

Leigh Fazzina, 36, was participating in a mini-triathlon in
Connecticut. She got lost in a 300 acre wooded area after taking a
wrong turn, Sky News reported on Wednesday.

She speeded downhill in an attempt to join back the race, when her
front wheel suddenly hit a tree root and she fell to the ground.

Fazzina was not able to move and her fellow competitors failed to hear
her screams.

When she didn't succeed in making a mobile call, Fazzina turned to
Twitter.

She tweeted: "I've had a serious injury and NEED Help! Can someone
please call Winding Trails in Farmington, CT tell them I'm stuck bike
crash in woods."

Minutes later, half a dozen of her 1,000 followers dialled for help.

Mary-Ellen Harper, director of fire and rescue services for the
Farmington Fire Department, said they received calls from California,
New York and Chicago.

Fazzina was rescued and taken to hospital.

She later wrote on her blog: "I knew Twitter would get me an immediate
response as my messages would be sent to the 1,000 or so people in my
network.

"Of course my Twitter network friends would respond immediately and
help me!"

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/help-me-tweet-rescues-lost-injured-triathlete-42002?cp

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
September 14th 10, 03:11 AM
Thank God for cellphones ... She could not have tweeted if she had run into
you with your chainsaw. Moron.

"Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message
> http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/help-me-tweet-rescues-lost-injured-triathlete-42002
>
> 'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete
>
> Indo Asian News Service, Updated: August 04, 2010 17:13 IST
>
> London: A triathlete in the US who got lost during a competition and
> then got hurt after falling off her mountain bike sent out a desperate
> tweet for help. Her plea was noticed by her followers who dialled for
> assistance.
>
> Leigh Fazzina, 36, was participating in a mini-triathlon in
> Connecticut. She got lost in a 300 acre wooded area after taking a
> wrong turn, Sky News reported on Wednesday.
>
> She speeded downhill in an attempt to join back the race, when her
> front wheel suddenly hit a tree root and she fell to the ground.
>
> Fazzina was not able to move and her fellow competitors failed to hear
> her screams.
>
> When she didn't succeed in making a mobile call, Fazzina turned to
> Twitter.
>
> She tweeted: "I've had a serious injury and NEED Help! Can someone
> please call Winding Trails in Farmington, CT tell them I'm stuck bike
> crash in woods."
>
> Minutes later, half a dozen of her 1,000 followers dialled for help.
>
> Mary-Ellen Harper, director of fire and rescue services for the
> Farmington Fire Department, said they received calls from California,
> New York and Chicago.
>
> Fazzina was rescued and taken to hospital.
>
> She later wrote on her blog: "I knew Twitter would get me an immediate
> response as my messages would be sent to the 1,000 or so people in my
> network.
>
> "Of course my Twitter network friends would respond immediately and
> help me!"
>

> Read more at:
> http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/help-me-tweet-rescues-lost-injured-triathlete-42002?cp

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 14th 10, 03:41 AM
On 9/13/2010 9:11 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Thank God for cellphones ... She could not have tweeted if she had run into
> you with your chainsaw. Moron.

Maybe Mikey V had a handsaw to cut down trees to build a fort, as he did
as a child?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Edward Dolan
September 14th 10, 05:21 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2010 9:11 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> Thank God for cellphones ... She could not have tweeted if she had run
>> into
>> you with your chainsaw. Moron.

The only moron here is Jeff Strickland. But he is more than a moron; he is
an asshole. But I have never encountered a mountain biker who was not an
asshole. I suspect they are born that way.

> Maybe Mikey V had a handsaw to cut down trees to build a fort, as he did
> as a child?

The ever cryptic Tom Sherman strikes again, and, as usual, no one
understands what the hell he is talking about. There is nothing denser than
a dense Dane. Everyone of Scandinavian heritage is just naturally dense.
Garrison Keillor of Minnesota Public Radio is another dense Scandinavian.
**** 'em all!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 14th 10, 05:43 AM
On 9/13/2010 11:21 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman > wrote in message
>> On 9/13/2010 9:11 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>> Thank God for cellphones ... She could not have tweeted if she had run
>>> into
>>> you with your chainsaw. Moron.
>
> The only moron here is Jeff Strickland. But he is more than a moron; he is
> an asshole. But I have never encountered a mountain biker who was not an
> asshole. I suspect they are born that way.
>
>> Maybe Mikey V had a handsaw to cut down trees to build a fort, as he did
>> as a child?
>
> The ever cryptic Tom Sherman strikes again, and, as usual, no one
> understands what the hell he is talking about. There is nothing denser than
> a dense Dane. Everyone of Scandinavian heritage is just naturally dense.
> Garrison Keillor of Minnesota Public Radio is another dense Scandinavian.
> **** 'em all!

The world wonders.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

ZeeTso
September 14th 10, 06:41 AM
"Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message

> When she didn't succeed in making a mobile call, Fazzina turned to
> Twitter.

i don't understand, how is it possible to tweet if you can't make a phone
call?

if there is no signal, there is no signal for neither.

if a broken rib penetrated your lungs, and the blood coming out of your
mouth is preventing you to speak, that's another story...

Edward Dolan
September 14th 10, 08:33 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2010 11:21 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>>
>> The only moron here is Jeff Strickland. But he is more than a moron; he
>> is
>> an asshole. But I have never encountered a mountain biker who was not an
>> asshole. I suspect they are born that way.
>>
>>> Maybe Mikey V had a handsaw to cut down trees to build a fort, as he did
>>> as a child?
>>
>> The ever cryptic Tom Sherman strikes again, and, as usual, no one
>> understands what the hell he is talking about. There is nothing denser
>> than
>> a dense Dane. Everyone of Scandinavian heritage is just naturally dense.
>> Garrison Keillor of Minnesota Public Radio is another dense Scandinavian.
>> **** 'em all!
>>
> The world wonders.

I am surrounded by idiots and morons who are unworthy of having their asses
kicked by my royal foot. Andre Jute would be a worthy adversary for me, but
I agree with him on everything except his long-windedness. He should learn
to keep his posts short and to the point. Long-winded posts are wasted on
Usenet.

I remember when you had more to say in the old days, but you are wise not to
provoke me. I am here mainly to defend Mr. Vandeman against all the scofflaw
mountain bikers. Once that has been accomplished, I shall leave never to
return.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Wayne[_2_]
September 14th 10, 04:35 PM
"Mike Vandeman" > wrote in message
> http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/help-me-tweet-rescues-lost-injured-triathlete-42002
>
> 'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete
>
> Indo Asian News Service, Updated: August 04, 2010 17:13 IST
>
> London: A triathlete in the US who got lost during a competition and
> then got hurt after falling off her mountain bike sent out a desperate
> tweet for help. Her plea was noticed by her followers who dialled for
> assistance.

Goes to show you.....backcountry adventures should not include cellfones.
That would make it easier for evolution to take it's natural course.

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
September 14th 10, 05:39 PM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

For a bitter old man who devoted his life to the pursuit of education
instead of marrying and having kids, you sure are stupid. You can't even
post your crap to the person you are talking to.

Edward Dolan
September 15th 10, 12:42 AM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS NOR DOES HE EVEN POST ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO WHICH
HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!

> For a bitter old man who devoted his life to the pursuit of education
> instead of marrying and having kids, you sure are stupid. You can't even
> post your crap to the person you are talking to.

**** women and **** kids too. I am perfectly happy being a recluse. I like
to sit on mountain tops and only commune with the lone eagle. In fact, I am
pretty much a lone eagle myself.

My messages on Usenet are meant for the world, not for any individual. You
have got Usenet confused with email.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
September 15th 10, 01:08 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>
> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS NOR DOES HE EVEN POST ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO
> WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!
>
>> For a bitter old man who devoted his life to the pursuit of education
>> instead of marrying and having kids, you sure are stupid. You can't even
>> post your crap to the person you are talking to.
>
> **** women and **** kids too. I am perfectly happy being a recluse. I like
> to sit on mountain tops and only commune with the lone eagle. In fact, I
> am pretty much a lone eagle myself.
>
> My messages on Usenet are meant for the world, not for any individual. You
> have got Usenet confused with email.

One, I snipped, I did not top post.
Two, I posted to directly you comments I was making to you, and I assume you
know what you said.
Three, you posted to somebody else talking about me.
Four, we can all see that you're a happy, well adjusted individual.
Five, it is difficult to soar with the eagles when you're such a turkey.
Six, you might have a world audience, but **** like this, <quote>The only
moron here is Jeff Strickland. But he is more than a moron; he is
an asshole. But I have never encountered a mountain biker who was not an
asshole. I suspect they are born that way. </quote> is a personal attack on
me (which I can handle) that you posted to another participant on the board.
If you want to attack me, then do it directly to me.
Seven, I'm all but certain you do not have a world audience.
Eight, Vandeman is an idiot of the highest order. If he can't stand up to my
challenges, then he's a bigger loser than anybody here ever thought.
Nine, even if Vandeman attained 100% of his environmental agenda, he'd save
less than one half or one percent of the environment, and that's a very
generous estimate.
Ten, If Vandeman attained his goal, you would not be allowed to sit on the
mountain top communing with the eagles. You would have a better chance
communing with the eagles if you jumped into my Jeep and got a ride to the
top of the hill.
Eleven, I'm not confusing anything with anything. You, on the other hand,
seem to be confused pretty much all of the time.

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 15th 10, 01:23 AM
On 9/14/2010 6:42 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> **** women and **** kids too.[...]

The former is fine as long as there is mutual consent, but the latter is
illegal and immoral.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Edward Dolan
September 15th 10, 02:07 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2010 6:42 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> **** women and **** kids too.[...]
>
> The former is fine as long as there is mutual consent, but the latter is
> illegal and immoral.

The former ought to be illegal and immoral too unless you are intent on
creating ****ing kids!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 15th 10, 02:44 AM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>>
>> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS NOR DOES HE EVEN POST ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO
>> WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!
>>
>>> For a bitter old man who devoted his life to the pursuit of education
>>> instead of marrying and having kids, you sure are stupid. You can't even
>>> post your crap to the person you are talking to.
>>
>> **** women and **** kids too. I am perfectly happy being a recluse. I
>> like to sit on mountain tops and only commune with the lone eagle. In
>> fact, I am pretty much a lone eagle myself.
>>
>> My messages on Usenet are meant for the world, not for any individual.
>> You have got Usenet confused with email.

Ah, where to begin? I guess one point at a time.

> One, I snipped, I did not top post.

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS NOR DOES HE EVEN POST ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO
WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!

> Two, I posted to directly you comments I was making to you, and I assume
> you know what you said.

We are not the only ones reading what is written on Usenet. Everyone is
entitled to know what is being said and by whom. Every message should make
sense without having to refer to a previous message. Most readers are not
following entrie threads.

> Three, you posted to somebody else talking about me.

Every message that appears on Unset is to a universe of readers, some known
but most unknown. Whatever is posted to Usenet is fair game for one and all.
You have got Usenet confused with email.

> Four, we can all see that you're a happy, well adjusted individual.

That goes without saying! I do not persecute individuals like you do.

> Five, it is difficult to soar with the eagles when you're such a turkey.

No one understands us lone eagles, least of all a pigeon like you.

> Six, you might have a world audience, but **** like this, <quote>The only
> moron here is Jeff Strickland. But he is more than a moron; he is
> an asshole. But I have never encountered a mountain biker who was not an
> asshole. I suspect they are born that way. </quote> is a personal attack
> on me (which I can handle) that you posted to another participant on the
> board. If you want to attack me, then do it directly to me.

If you are monitoring RBS you will get what I have to say. I will continue
to attack you personally on the above newsgroups so long as you continue to
attack Mr. Vandeman. I consider you a scurrilous rascal to pile on like you
do. You are little better than a bully.

> Seven, I'm all but certain you do not have a world audience.

We have no way of knowing who is reading what on Usenet.

> Eight, Vandeman is an idiot of the highest order. If he can't stand up to
> my challenges, then he's a bigger loser than anybody here ever thought.

Even an idiot like you ought to have figured out by now that Mr. Vandeman
for whatever reason is no longer posting responses on Usenet.

> Nine, even if Vandeman attained 100% of his environmental agenda, he'd
> save less than one half or one percent of the environment, and that's a
> very generous estimate.

Well, he is an extremist and I am not. I just don't want bicycles on hiking
trails. Am I being unreasonable?

> Ten, If Vandeman attained his goal, you would not be allowed to sit on the
> mountain top communing with the eagles. You would have a better chance
> communing with the eagles if you jumped into my Jeep and got a ride to the
> top of the hill.

Mr. Vandeman is a hiker just like I am. It is in fact the only way to access
wilderness. Any other way is a desecration, including via horseback

> Eleven, I'm not confusing anything with anything. You, on the other hand,
> seem to be confused pretty much all of the time.

Only Mr. Vandeman and I am clearheaded. It is the god damn rotten mountain
bikers who are the fools.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
September 15th 10, 03:53 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message

> Only Mr. Vandeman and I am clearheaded. It is the god damn rotten mountain
> bikers who are the fools.

Yes, YOU are right and everybody else is wrong.

Maybe a shrink could clear that one up for you.

I learned at a very young age that when I'm the only person in the room
that's right, odds are good that I'm wrong. You apparently never learned
that valuable life lesson, along with a multitude of others.

Edward Dolan
September 15th 10, 05:50 AM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
>>
>> Only Mr. Vandeman and I am [are] clearheaded. It is the god damn rotten
>> mountain bikers who are the fools.
>>

> Yes, YOU are right and everybody else is wrong.
>
> Maybe a shrink could clear that one up for you.
>
> I learned at a very young age that when I'm the only person in the room
> that's right, odds are good that I'm wrong. You apparently never learned
> that valuable life lesson, along with a multitude of others.

Mr. Vandeman is with me as well as numerous other very smart people on his
recipient list. These are the kind of people you have never known in your
whole blighted life. Let's face it, anyone who drives a jeep off-road is
beyond the pale.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 15th 10, 09:56 AM
On 9/14/2010 8:44 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> Even an idiot like you ought to have figured out by now that Mr. Vandeman
> for whatever reason is no longer posting responses on Usenet.[...]

Whatever you post on Usenet can be used against you when you are tried
for handsaw assault.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 15th 10, 09:58 AM
On 9/14/2010 11:50 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> Mr. Vandeman is with me as well as numerous other very smart people on his
> recipient list. These are the kind of people you have never known in your
> whole blighted life. Let's face it, anyone who drives a jeep off-road is
> beyond the pale.[...]

Well, buying a Jeep to use only on pavement is silly, as there are much
better choices for that use.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

pmh
September 15th 10, 01:55 PM
On Sep 14, 9:07*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in ...
>

> The former ought to be illegal and immoral too unless you are intent on
> creating ****ing kids!

How in the world do you know what an as-yet unborn child is going to
do?

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 01:47 AM
"pmh" > wrote in message
On Sep 14, 9:07 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in
>

> The former ought to be illegal and immoral too unless you are intent on
> creating ****ing kids!

>> How in the world do you know what an as-yet unborn child is going to
do?

You have edited my message too severely. Very strange that you cannot figure
out how to edit a post so that your reponse will make some sense.

The thing about children is that they may be cute when young, but they all
grow up to be ugly adults. It is the same with cats and dogs ... cute when
young, but not so sute when all grown up.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 01:52 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2010 11:50 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> Mr. Vandeman is with me as well as numerous other very smart people on
>> his
>> recipient list. These are the kind of people you have never known in your
>> whole blighted life. Let's face it, anyone who drives a jeep off-road is
>> beyond the pale.[...]
>
> Well, buying a Jeep to use only on pavement is silly, as there are much
> better choices for that use.

Folks who buy jeeps are living in some kind of fantasyland.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 01:58 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2010 8:44 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> Even an idiot like you ought to have figured out by now that Mr. Vandeman
>> for whatever reason is no longer posting responses on Usenet.[...]
>
> Whatever you post on Usenet can be used against you when you are tried for
> handsaw assault.

Yes, I think you are probably right, but Mr. Vandeman should leave these
newsgroups altogether. I am much better at dealing with asshole mountain
bikers than he is. That is because Mr. Vandeman is a gentleman ... and I am
not. With me it is asshole vs. asshole!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 16th 10, 02:08 AM
On 9/15/2010 7:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> The thing about children is that they may be cute when young, but they all
> grow up to be ugly adults. It is the same with cats and dogs ... cute when
> young, but not so [c]ute when all grown up.

Nonsense. Here is my cute adult kitty:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/3735518934/sizes/l/in/photostream/>.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]
September 16th 10, 02:09 AM
On 9/15/2010 7:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> [...]
> You have edited my message too severely.[...]

Really?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 03:10 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/15/2010 7:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> The thing about children is that they may be cute when young, but they
>> all
>> grow up to be ugly adults. It is the same with cats and dogs ... cute
>> when
>> young, but not so [c]ute when all grown up.
>>
> Nonsense. Here is my cute adult kitty:
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/3735518934/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Even so, cats are really cute when they are still kittens. But they are not
kittens for long. I think the cuteness factor is important so that the
parents will not kill their young.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 03:11 AM
"Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
> On 9/15/2010 7:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> [...]
>> You have edited my message too severely.[...]
>
> Really?

Yes, really!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Jeff Strickland[_2_]
September 16th 10, 03:16 AM
"Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
> "Tom Sherman °_°" > wrote in message
>> On 9/15/2010 7:47 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> The thing about children is that they may be cute when young, but they
>>> all
>>> grow up to be ugly adults. It is the same with cats and dogs ... cute
>>> when
>>> young, but not so [c]ute when all grown up.
>>>
>> Nonsense. Here is my cute adult kitty:
>> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/3735518934/sizes/l/in/photostream/
>
> Even so, cats are really cute when they are still kittens. But they are
> not kittens for long. I think the cuteness factor is important so that the
> parents will not kill their young.

So, by your own argument, you're ugly and have a bad attitude, no wonder
there is no woman in the universe that would have you. Granted, you don't
care about women, so you must be gay -- not that there's anything wrong with
that, but it explains a lot.

Edward Dolan
September 16th 10, 03:52 AM
"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" > wrote in message
[...]
>> Even so, cats are really cute when they are still kittens. But they are
>> not kittens for long. I think the cuteness factor is important so that
>> the parents will not kill their young.
>
> So, by your own argument, you're ugly and have a bad attitude, no wonder
> there is no woman in the universe that would have you. Granted, you don't
> care about women, so you must be gay -- not that there's anything wrong
> with that, but it explains a lot.

ALL adult human beings are ugly - positively no exceptions. How anyone ever
manages to marry much beyond the teenage years seems like a miracle to me.

Teenage girls can be pretty, something that boys never are. Men are so god
awful ugly, I cannot understand for the life of me what any woman can see in
us.

I would like to have been a tiger. They are truly a beautiful animal. If I
had been born a tiger, I would spend all of my days just looking at my
reflection in a pool of water.

If you had been reading my many thousands of posts to the various
newsgroups, you would realize that I am a homophobe. I don't much like
women, but I hate men, be they gay or otherwise. I pride myself on my
bigotry. Hey, I am a racist too. And finally I am an atheist. Can you top
any of this? If not, then shut the **** up!

By the way, there is plenty wrong with being gay. Please note the part of my
signature that reads Saint Edward the Great. That ought to tell you
something!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

you
September 16th 10, 06:52 PM
In article >,
"Edward Dolan" > wrote:

> Folks who buy jeeps are living in some kind of fantasyland.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

No they just live out in the bush of Alaska and need the FWD in the
winters....

Edward Dolan
September 17th 10, 08:00 AM
"you" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
>
>> Folks who buy jeeps are living in some kind of fantasyland.
>
> No they just live out in the bush of Alaska and need the FWD in the
> winters....

There are plenty of vehicles these days with FWD. Jeeps belong to WWII. I am
surprised anyone is still making them.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

you
September 17th 10, 07:53 PM
In article >,
"Edward Dolan" > wrote:

> "you" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> >
> >> Folks who buy jeeps are living in some kind of fantasyland.
> >
> > No they just live out in the bush of Alaska and need the FWD in the
> > winters....
>
> There are plenty of vehicles these days with FWD. Jeeps belong to WWII. I am
> surprised anyone is still making them.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Name one that has a Jeeps Ground Clearance, ease of parts availability
out in the bush, simple to fix, and durability.... Yea, I thought not...
Well maybe the original Suzuki Samurai, but I have one of those as
well... some of those South Asian MiniTrucks are getting close as well...

Edward Dolan
September 18th 10, 11:56 AM
"you" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
[...]
>> There are plenty of vehicles these days with FWD. Jeeps belong to WWII. I
>> am
>> surprised anyone is still making them.
>
> Name one that has a Jeeps Ground Clearance, ease of parts availability
> out in the bush, simple to fix, and durability.... Yea, I thought not...
> Well maybe the original Suzuki Samurai, but I have one of those as
> well... some of those South Asian MiniTrucks are getting close as well...

I am not going to discuss g.d ****ing motor vehicles with you. They have
ruined America and most of the rest of the world too. It would have been
better for Mother Earth if such vehicles had never been invented. Mr.
Vandeman is a genius of the first order to have recognized this all
pervading evil.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

you
September 18th 10, 08:20 PM
In article >,
"Edward Dolan" > wrote:

> I am not going to discuss g.d ****ing motor vehicles with you. They have
> ruined America and most of the rest of the world too. It would have been
> better for Mother Earth if such vehicles had never been invented. Mr.
> Vandeman is a genius of the first order to have recognized this all
> pervading evil.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Now there is a classic replay for a classic Morooon (Bugs Bunny
Definition)...... Dude makes a statement, and then can't back it up
with FACTS, when he gets called on it... Yup, classic Morooon.....

Bruce Jensen
September 21st 10, 05:43 AM
On Sep 14, 6:44*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> [...]
> trails. Am I being unreasonable?
>
> > Ten, If Vandeman attained his goal, you would not be allowed to sit on the
> > mountain top communing with the eagles. You would have a better chance
> > communing with the eagles if you jumped into my Jeep and got a ride to the
> > top of the hill.
>
> Mr. Vandeman is a hiker just like I am. It is in fact the only way to access
> wilderness. Any other way is a desecration, including via horseback
>
> > Eleven, I'm not confusing anything with anything. You, on the other hand,
> > seem to be confused pretty much all of the time.
>
> Only Mr. Vandeman and I am clearheaded. It is the god damn rotten mountain
> bikers who are the fools.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

I can clear things up...

Ed Dolan is a 'tard. ;-)

Edward Dolan
September 22nd 10, 06:26 AM
"Bruce Jensen" > wrote in message
[...]
> I can clear things up...

> Ed Dolan is a 'tard. ;-)

Clear this up asshole...

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Bruce Jensen
September 22nd 10, 06:42 AM
On Sep 21, 10:26*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "Bruce Jensen" > wrote in message

> [...]
>
> > I can clear things up...
> > Ed Dolan is a 'tard. ;-)
>
> Clear this up asshole...
>
> You smarmy lagerlout git. *You bloody woofter sod. *Bugger off, pillock.
> You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
> foot-licking twit. *You dankish clack-dish plonker. *You gormless
> crook-pated tosser. *You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. *You
> cockered bum-bailey poofter. *You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
> naff. *You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. *You dread-bolted
> fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
>
> ****ing Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Ed Dolan has a dirty mouth! ...and is a 'tard :-D

Edward Dolan
September 22nd 10, 07:01 AM
"Bruce Jensen" > wrote in message
On Sep 21, 10:26 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
[...]
> Clear this up asshole...
>
> You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
> You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
> foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
> crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
> cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
> naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
> fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

>> Ed Dolan has a dirty mouth! ...and is a 'tard :-D

Bruce Jensen is a criminal idiot mountain biker ... and is a 'turd!

> ****ing Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Bruce Jensen
September 22nd 10, 03:43 PM
On Sep 21, 11:01*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "Bruce Jensen" > wrote in message

> On Sep 21, 10:26 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Clear this up asshole...
>
> > You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
> > You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
> > foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
> > crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
> > cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
> > naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
> > fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
> >> Ed Dolan has a dirty mouth! *...and is a 'tard :-D
>
> Bruce Jensen is a criminal idiot mountain biker ... and is a 'turd!

Bruce Jensen does not own a mountain bike....and... you guessed it...

Ed Dolan is a 'tard! :-D

Edward Dolan
September 23rd 10, 02:53 AM
"Bruce Jensen" > wrote in message
[...]
> Bruce Jensen is a criminal idiot mountain biker ... and is a 'turd!

>> Bruce Jensen does not own a mountain bike....and... you guessed it...

Bruce Jensen is an asshole criminal idiot mountain biker sympathizer -
always has been and always will be.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka