PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle wheel

australia
August 12th 03, 10:37 PM
A friend of mine in Thailand has just made a unicycle with a motorcycle
wheel. Attached it the picture (it is the one on the left).

I look forward to riding it later this year.

Wayne.

| Attachment filename: motorcycle wheel.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/156967|

australia - Lazy Unicyclist
australia's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2323

Nathan Hoover
August 13th 03, 01:55 AM
Looks very heavy but interesting. How does it ride? What pressure does he
use? What is the advantage over say a 24x3 bike tire? Or is it just a
novelty cycle?

---Nathan

"australia" > wrote in message

> A friend of mine in Thailand has just made a unicycle with a motorcycle
> wheel. Attached it the picture (it is the one on the left).

andrew_carter
August 13th 03, 02:09 AM
> (it is the one on the left)
Thanks for pointing that out. ;) When are you going to Thailand? Does
that fact that you're now a registered member mean you'll be visiting
the site and posting here more often?

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - My custom muni...

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
'GP Unicycles' (http://tinyurl.com/8roq)

"We work on a contingency basis*?*
No*.* Money Down*!*"

paco
August 13th 03, 07:59 AM
I bet it would be hard to get that wheel out of true! Tell us when you
try a 15 foot drop on it.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

"One thing is for sure. Inspector Clay is dead. Murdered. And
-somebody's- responsible!"
-Plan 9 From Outer Space
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

daino149
August 21st 03, 12:20 AM
What kind of frame did he use for that? Can we get some pics of the
tire clearance?

Daniel

--
daino149 - One wheel to rule them all

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Jack Halpern
August 24th 03, 02:11 PM
Greetings

In message "motorcycle wheel",
australia wrote...

>A friend of mine in Thailand has just made a unicycle with a motorcycle
>wheel. Attached it the picture (it is the one on the left).
>
>I look forward to riding it later this year.

It's intersting to note that the first ultimate wheel on Japan (which I
learned to ride one) was made from a motorcycle wheel.

Stay on top, Jack Halpern
Executive Director for International Development
International Unicycling Federation, Inc.
Website: http://www.kanji.org

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home