PDA

View Full Version : Cyclist observes drunk driver crash.

Simon Mason[_4_]
October 21st 10, 06:42 PM
Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
Should have known better given her job.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/

--
Simon Mason

Mr Pounder
October 21st 10, 07:34 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
> Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
> Should have known better given her job.
>
> http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/
>
> --
> Simon Mason

Apart from her job your point is??

Mr Pounder

Simon Mason[_4_]
October 21st 10, 08:17 PM
On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
> > Should have known better given her job.
>
> >http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af...
>
> > --
> > Simon Mason
>
> Apart from her job your point is??
>
> Mr Pounder

DONKEY!
--

Simon Mason

JMS
October 21st 10, 08:25 PM
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
> wrote:

>Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>Should have known better given her job.
>
>http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/

Excellent Value.

Relevance to URC - none.

--
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.

David Hansen
October 21st 10, 09:03 PM
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Simon
Mason > wrote this:-

>Should have known better given her job.

I'm am pleased to see that the criminal was suspended on the day of
her crime and sentenced the next day.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000023_en_8#pt3-pb3-l1g54

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
October 22nd 10, 12:14 AM
Mr Pounder wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message
>> Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>> Should have known better given her job.
>>
>> http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/
>>
>> --
>> Simon Mason
>
> Apart from her job your point is??

Simple Simon isn't bright enough to make points.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Doug[_3_]
October 22nd 10, 08:41 AM
On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
> > Should have known better given her job.
>
> >http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af...
>
> > --
> > Simon Mason
>
> Apart from her job your point is??

Let me guess, she only got a three year ban for putting the lives of
others seriously at risk? Who is to say she won't do it again after
three years, especially if she happens to be an alcoholic.

BTW, why aren't alcoholics permanently banned from driving? Is it
because it might adversely affect pub revenues, particularly those
with car parks?

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
October 22nd 10, 08:49 AM
On Oct 22, 8:41*am, Doug > wrote:
> On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > > Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
> > > Should have known better given her job.
>
> > >http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af....
>
> > > --
> > > Simon Mason
>
> > Apart from her job your point is??
>
> Let me guess, she only got a three year ban for putting the lives of
> others seriously at risk? Who is to say she won't do it again after
> three years, especially if she happens to be an alcoholic.
>
> BTW, why aren't alcoholics permanently banned from driving? Is it
> because it might adversely affect pub revenues, particularly those
> with car parks?
>
> -- .
Pubs, with or without car parks, are a useful part of the community,
unlike Doug!

JNugent[_7_]
October 22nd 10, 12:08 PM
On 22/10/2010 08:41, Doug wrote:
> On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr > wrote:
>> "Simon > wrote in message

>>> Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>>> Should have known better given her job.
>>
>>> http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af...
>>
>>> --
>>> Simon Mason
>>
>> Apart from her job your point is??
>>
> Let me guess, she only got a three year ban for putting the lives of
> others seriously at risk? Who is to say she won't do it again after
> three years, especially if she happens to be an alcoholic.
>
> BTW, why aren't alcoholics permanently banned from driving? Is it
> because it might adversely affect pub revenues, particularly those
> with car parks?

No.

It's because we live in a free country.

Clearly, that doesn't suit everyone.

Simon Mason
October 22nd 10, 01:39 PM
"JMS" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
> > wrote:
>
>>Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>>Should have known better given her job.
>>
>>http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/
>

> Excellent Value.
>

> Relevance to URC - none.

UK based? Check.
Cyclist involved? Check.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

JMS
October 22nd 10, 01:47 PM
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:39:22 +0100, "Simon Mason"
> wrote:

>"JMS" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>>>Should have known better given her job.
>>>
>>>http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-after-drunken-car-crash/
>>

>> Excellent Value.
>>

>> Relevance to URC - none.
>
>UK based? Check.
>Cyclist involved? Check.

"Involved"

So I suppose that a report on someone growing vegetables and being
observed by a lawyer would be relevant in uk.legal?

"Excellent Value"
--
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.
(Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20 mph limits - and thinks it's clever)

Simon Mason
October 22nd 10, 01:57 PM
"JMS" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:39:22 +0100, "Simon Mason"
> > wrote:
>

>>"JMS" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason

>>> Excellent Value.
>>>

>>> Relevance to URC - none.
>>
>>UK based? Check.
>>Cyclist involved? Check.
>

> "Involved"
>
> So I suppose that a report on someone growing vegetables and being
> observed by a lawyer would be relevant in uk.legal?

Drivers and cyclists occupy the same space, so it's entirely relevant.
Lawyers and allotments less so.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

JMS
October 22nd 10, 03:30 PM
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:57:06 +0100, "Simon Mason"
> wrote:

>"JMS" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:39:22 +0100, "Simon Mason"
>> > wrote:

>>>UK based? Check.
>>>Cyclist involved? Check.
>>

>> "Involved"
>>
>> So I suppose that a report on someone growing vegetables and being
>> observed by a lawyer would be relevant in uk.legal?
>
>Drivers and cyclists occupy the same space, so it's entirely relevant.
>Lawyers and allotments less so.

Feel free to explain the relevance of the mode of transport of the
person who observes something.

"Excellent Value as ever"

--
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.
(Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20 mph limits - and thinks it's clever)

Mr Pounder
October 22nd 10, 05:29 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
> On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
>> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

>> > Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>> > Should have known better given her job.
>>
>> >http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af...
>>
>> > --
>> > Simon Mason
>>
>> Apart from her job your point is??
>>
>> Mr Pounder

> DONKEY!
> --
>
> Simon Mason

Sad ****.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
October 22nd 10, 05:30 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message
> On 21 Oct, 19:34, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
>> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

>> > Drunken driver gets a 3 year ban.
>> > Should have known better given her job.
>>
>> >http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204122-young-prosecutor-banned-af...
>>
>> > --
>> > Simon Mason
>>
>> Apart from her job your point is??
>>
> Let me guess, she only got a three year ban for putting the lives of
> others seriously at risk? Who is to say she won't do it again after
> three years, especially if she happens to be an alcoholic.
>
> BTW, why aren't alcoholics permanently banned from driving? Is it
> because it might adversely affect pub revenues, particularly those
> with car parks?
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> http://www.zing.icom43.net